The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
Original post by abzy1234
Yup got all that, and I also failed with the isomer lool :tongue:

Haha awesome, we;ve done very similar!

Yeah I put 100% atom economy because it was electrolysis! Hmm trying to remember more bits.. I wish there was a copy of the paper
Original post by juniorx
**** i thought it might have been that but i wasn't sure if they were referrring to just the chlorine

Yeah I'm fairly sure it just asked for chlorine :confused:

EDIT: Love how we got negged for contributing.
GUYS look at question 1B look at what they did :wink: did this question this morning and was delighted to find basically the exact same question lmao.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/61539-question-paper-unit-f332-01-chemistry-of-natural-resources.pdf
Reply 1023
What do you guys think grade boundaries will be like for an A?
Original post by tigerz
Haha awesome, we;ve done very similar!

Yeah I put 100% atom economy because it was electrolysis! Hmm trying to remember more bits.. I wish there was a copy of the paper

Awesome! :biggrin:

Umm I think everyone's covered everything tbh; there were some simple replica questions, like the NaCl structure, C-F vs C-Cl bond, e=hv calculations... I think that's all tbh!

And I'm afraid there's no real chance of anyone getting hold of the paper due to strict copyright laws. Unless there's a teacher out there lurking on this forum, who will kindly upload it for us :colone:
For the "why is breathing apparatus needed" one,
you had to say "chlorine is a toxic gas" for 2 marks..
Original post by juniorx
but wasn't it talking about the central nitrogen atom?

Hold up, was the question for N2O or NO2 :eek:
Reply 1027
Original post by MintCrepz
GUYS look at question 1B look at what they did :wink: did this question this morning and was delighted to find basically the exact same question lmao.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/61539-question-paper-unit-f332-01-chemistry-of-natural-resources.pdf

IKR, the e=hv question was also a repeat :wink: this paper was quite similar actually as it also had the membrane cell...

More greener as it had less c02 and used the least voltage?
Reply 1028
Original post by booooomblastruin
Hold up, was the question for N2O or NO2 :eek:

i thought it was n2o
Original post by Tejmasta
What do you guys think grade boundaries will be like for an A?

I think around 72 to 80.

The pattern has been so far since June 2009:

What did people say for the bonding question!? I said hydrogen bonds between molecules of propan-1ol and pentene had Id-Id and so on..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tigerz
IKR, the e=hv question was also a repeat :wink: this paper was quite similar actually as it also had the membrane cell...

Yeah yeah :smile: sounds like we got similar answers !
Original post by steviep14
For the "why is breathing apparatus needed" one,
you had to say "chlorine is a toxic gas" for 2 marks..

ARGH! Knew I'd forgotten something :frown: that's 5 marks I know I've lost so far!

Ah well the boundary for an A tends to be 68~78 so we have room for error. :smile:

EDIT: Does anybody remember most of the questions? A lot of the ones in those exam are just repeats from past papers so we might be able to get a fraction of a mark scheme together from the past MS.
(edited 10 years ago)
For the wire question can you say

Foes not conduct electrical charge, so user does not get an electric shock

?
Reply 1034
Original post by tigerz

i said less co2 and the total enery was lower?
Original post by tigerz

Exactly what I said!! lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1036
Original post by abzy1234
Awesome! :biggrin:

Umm I think everyone's covered everything tbh; there were some simple replica questions, like the NaCl structure, C-F vs C-Cl bond, e=hv calculations... I think that's all tbh!

And I'm afraid there's no real chance of anyone getting hold of the paper due to strict copyright laws. Unless there's a teacher out there lurking on this forum, who will kindly upload it for us :colone:

Haha yup, when I did f331, someone sneakily copied it so its possible! Yeah that was standard though got 1.17 (3 sf) for the frequency and 7.something for the bit above!
Original post by booooomblastruin
Page 246 of Chemical ideas, table at the bottom. I remember the question said to give the systematic name, so I don't know if both are acceptable.

Nitrate (III) is the systematic name
Original post by super121
Nitrate (III) is the systematic name

How on earth were we meant to know this at AS?
It does not say in the spec that we need to know the systematic nAvq,e of NO2- ion, yet they asked that. Isn't that illegal?

Latest

Trending

Trending