The Student Room Group

AQA A2 RST3A and RST4A - 6th June + 14th June respectively

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing RS too! For ethics we learnt Virtue Theory, Libertarianism and Science and Technology. If I decide to do VT in the exam I'm hoping for an "application to an issue" type question.

For philosophy I'm focusing on Nature and Value and Eschatology.

So far I've revised Virtue Theory and I'm pretty confident about that and I'm almost done with Libertarianism, just S&T to go over then. There's 8 days between the two so I'll revise Philosophy once Ethics is over.
Original post by hungryatafuneral
I'm doing RS too! For ethics we learnt Virtue Theory, Libertarianism and Science and Technology. If I decide to do VT in the exam I'm hoping for an "application to an issue" type question.

For philosophy I'm focusing on Nature and Value and Eschatology.

So far I've revised Virtue Theory and I'm pretty confident about that and I'm almost done with Libertarianism, just S&T to go over then. There's 8 days between the two so I'll revise Philosophy once Ethics is over.

Nature and value came up in June 2012, but I think eschatology will come up this year followed by present life
Reply 22
Anyone have an idea of what will come up for Virtue Ethics and Science and Tech?
Considering there have only been 3 exams there is not much question choice so it could be anything!
Reply 23
hi does anyone have any advice on how to score well on the AO2 questions?
Original post by Aamna01

Your opinion is mostly what they're after, my teacher says its fine to have opinion but use scholars to back up and counter argue your argument.
Reply 25
Original post by DelBoy12
Hows everyones revision going?
Been doing self-study for both these topics since there is only 3 of us who are doing A2 Religious Studies!
Havnt really done anything at all on Religious Experience...

I've been teaching myself too! But now wondering if that was a bad idea as I need a good grade to get into Uni!!! :frown:
hi :smile: my teacher has told us to learn three topics for the ethics and although i've tried learning free will and determinism I really don't feel comfortable with it... do you reckon I could just focus on Virtue and Sexual Ethics these next few days until the exam? How many topics are everyone else learning?
Reply 27
Original post by beckya
I've been teaching myself too! But now wondering if that was a bad idea as I need a good grade to get into Uni!!! :frown:

Exactly the same position as me!!!
Need an A I think in this to go to Uni after a hard economic exam today and I just dont feel confident in it!
What topics are you doing?
Original post by Aamna01

AO2 is about arguing your opinion which you should state from the introduction. You should then construct each paragraph so you have your argument plus a counter argument, the conclusion should sum up why you your opinion is "right"
Original post by Katharinejane
hi :smile: my teacher has told us to learn three topics for the ethics and although i've tried learning free will and determinism I really don't feel comfortable with it... do you reckon I could just focus on Virtue and Sexual Ethics these next few days until the exam? How many topics are everyone else learning?

I have only learnt 2. I only ever learn 2, it's fine to focus on 2 I recon as long as you know them inside out
Anyone have an idea of what will come up for Virtue Ethics and Science and Tech?
Considering there have only been 3 exams there is not much question choice so it could be anything!

Strong feeling that human experimentation will come up for an AO1 question for science n tech.
Original post by CoolCat94
I have only learnt 2. I only ever learn 2, it's fine to focus on 2 I recon as long as you know them inside out

That's what I figured - if you know two inside out then surely the questions can't 'catch you out'? Which two are you learning?
Reply 32
Exactly the same position as me!!!
Need an A I think in this to go to Uni after a hard economic exam today and I just dont feel confident in it!
What topics are you doing?

I'm exactly the same!!! Need an A too! Luckily I did quite well at AS, so that takes a bit of pressure off! But still not amazingly confident :frown:
I hope your economics went better than you thought!
I was doing all of them up until last week but realised that I didn't really need to! So I'm concentrating on Free Will, Virtue Ethics and Science and Technology :smile: Yourself?
Good Luck with the exam!
Reply 33
Original post by hungryatafuneral
Your opinion is mostly what they're after, my teacher says its fine to have opinion but use scholars to back up and counter argue your argument.

thankyou i will try do that :smile: what topics are you doing?
Reply 34
AO2 is about arguing your opinion which you should state from the introduction. You should then construct each paragraph so you have your argument plus a counter argument, the conclusion should sum up why you your opinion is "right"

how much would you recommend to right i know its not about quantity but quality but would a page and a half be enough?
Reply 35
Original post by beckya
I'm exactly the same!!! Need an A too! Luckily I did quite well at AS, so that takes a bit of pressure off! But still not amazingly confident :frown:
I hope your economics went better than you thought!
I was doing all of them up until last week but realised that I didn't really need to! So I'm concentrating on Free Will, Virtue Ethics and Science and Technology :smile: Yourself?
Good Luck with the exam!

Same, got an A last year so hopefully that helps!
Im doing Virtue ethics and Science and Tech...
If anyone has any good resources for applying an ethical theory to virtue ethics then that would be helpful...
Really struggling to get my head round the whole Virtue Ethics theory
Reply 36
Hey guys. I'm feeling confident about virtue ethics, however one question I am dreading is applying it to a ethical issue... it would little destroy me if that comes up.

It would be a big help if somebody could suggest an ethical issue to apply it to, outlining a few points (not in depth)

This would really help me, as well as others on this thread!

Thank youuuuuuuuu in advanceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Original post by Katharinejane
That's what I figured - if you know two inside out then surely the questions can't 'catch you out'? Which two are you learning?

science and technology and libertarianism

I think the whole free will thing is pretty easy to grasp, and science and technology is interesting because it effects every day life, what about you?
Original post by Aamna01
how much would you recommend to right i know its not about quantity but quality but would a page and a half be enough?

Well I'm actually retaking the school year, I sat this exam in June 2012 and got a B and I wrote about 2 and a bit pages for the AO2 (20 mark questions)

You have 27 minutes for the AO1 and 18 for AO2. It isn't about quantity but it is good to have in depth points. But I am sure you could write less and still get a high mark, a page and a half could very well be fine as long as you do everything specified in the mark scheme
(edited 10 years ago)
science and technology and libertarianism

I think the whole free will thing is pretty easy to grasp, and science and technology is interesting because it effects every day life, what about you?

I'm doing virtue and sexual ethics! Exact opposite but they were the first we learned and just stuck a bit better. I feel better knowing i'm not the only one doing two!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending