The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know where to find Jan 13's paper with markscheme?
what are the chances of Edexcel screwing us over again? pretty high methinks. And they better not ask us any long ass question on some experiment, our teachers are rubbish!
Reply 422
Original post by sarah.102
Does anyone know where to find Jan 13's paper with markscheme?

6PH02_01_que_20130118.pdf
6PH02_01_rms_20130307.pdf
Original post by B-Stacks
Potential divider.
Lambda=2l/n
Pir^2
Intensity=P/A

There's not that many.

Just looking through this thread what's the "Lambda=2l/n" equation for/what are the things/letters representing?
Can somebody please give me a model answer to explain how the photoelectric effect supports the particle model of light and not the wave model of light?
Original post by sarah.102
Does anyone know from the top of their head what formulas we actually need to remember that aren't given on the formula sheet?

Potential divider.
Lambda=2l/n
Pir^2
Intensity=P/A

There's not that many.

There's also this one:

f=n/2l x sqrt(T/mu)
definitely gonna be a tough paper
Original post by Deathberries
Just looking through this thread what's the "Lambda=2l/n" equation for/what are the things/letters representing?

To find the wavelength of a stationary wave. Lambda is wavelength. L is length of string/tube/or whatever. N is the number of antinodes.
Original post by justinawe
Do you know what a graph of y=kxy = \dfrac{k}{x} (where k is a constant) looks like?

yes.... but whats the physics behind it?:colondollar:
Original post by stealth_writer
yes.... but whats the physics behind it?:colondollar:

Well, if you look at the graph, you've got I on the y-axis and R on the x-axis.

Ohm's law is I=VRI = \dfrac{V}{R}

We're told that V is constant.

Can you see the connection here?
Reply 431
Original post by Aerosports
definitely gonna be a tough paper

What makes you say that?
Can someone please explain when do we have to give final answer in to 2 significant figures and when to give upto 3 significant figures? because if u don't give the answer to required no. of significant figures u cant get the final mark for correct answer?
Reply 433
Original post by jollygood
Can someone please explain when do we have to give final answer in to 2 significant figures and when to give upto 3 significant figures? because if u don't give the answer to required no. of significant figures u cant get the final mark for correct answer?

I think any answer better than 3sf is correct, unless the question says so.
Do you think they don't penalize if mark scheme says correct answer is 16 and we write 16.1 ? dio u think we will still get final mark?
Original post by jollygood
Do you think they don't penalize if mark scheme says correct answer is 16 and we write 16.1 ? dio u think we will still get final mark?

They usually have a margin of error. Unless it specifically says round your answer to a whole number or to 2sf it should be fine.
Any help with Jan 2012 14.b)?wda.png
(edited 10 years ago)
Guys I know that for car headlights, they dim at the start because the huge surge in current causes a drop in the voltage across the internal resistance, but why do they go on to become brighter?
Original post by getoom
Any help with Jan 2012 14.b)?wda.png

Check previous page.
Check previous page.

+1

Latest

Trending

Trending