The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
Original post by abzy1234
We shall see! And ditto, got the same as well :biggrin:

You worked out the oxidation state of nitrogen in that ion in the earlier part when it was talking about oxidation, and there's two oxygen atoms, so you know it's going to end in ate... Systematic means you need to put in the oxidation state of the central atom in brackets.

It's like the chlorate section in the AS revision guide :smile:

Awesome lool, yeah I just messed up thought it was n20 NOT no2 but still put (iii) in
Oh wells :smile:
Original post by Waki
What about the atom economy question?

100% it said in the question all products were useful, plus it was electrolysis..
Original post by tipani
I i have to admit, i didn't this exam easy at all, but from past experience, there wasn't any particularly hard questions apart from the question at the end which was quite querky.

I reckon atleast 83 for the A, and may be up to 85. Remember they usually have to cap the percentage of people who achieve A's and i know a lot of people who seem like they got close to 100, or atleast 95.

No, really don't think it's gonna be that high. A few question caught some people out and i'm sure lots more marks were lost due to silly mistakes. Also, we only make up a small minority of the people that took this exam
Original post by krisshP
If it's in F335 A2, why were we asked this question? It's not in the F332 spec, so it's an illegal question by evil OCR salters.

Lol not really, it's a recap topic in F335. You had to work it out using oxidation states, which is a topic discussed in pages 40-41 in the AS revision guide :smile:
Original post by Tejmasta
the answer was all in the prerelease text. all you had to do was basically copy out what it said

that's quite literally what I did, and the entire time I was thinking "come on it can't be this eaaaasy"
Original post by steviep14
That is correct if you phrased it correctly... that's the reason C-F is more polar :smile:

Previous question identical to this one state in the MS that you need " C-F bond is shorter bond length " for the 3rd mark.. sneaky one :wink:
Original post by Tejmasta
no, nitrogen is the central atom so there is a triple bond between it and the other nitrogen and a dative bond with the oxygen (both electrons from nitrogen) giving it a linear shape

Oh fooey :mad: I see now. Fig 2. right? Sorry about that :smile:
Reply 1067
Lol not really, it's a recap topic in F335. You had to work it out using oxidation states, which is a topic discussed in pages 40-41 in the AS revision guide :smile:

i haven't even done f335 yet. this is supposed to be an as exam!!! and which revision guide are you talking about???
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MintCrepz
Yeah yeah that's how I knew it was III but I thought only NO3 was nitrate nothing else, whoops.

Original post by tigerz
Awesome lool, yeah I just messed up thought it was n20 NOT no2 but still put (iii) in
Oh wells :smile:

It's so easy to get muddled up with Nitrogen and its many relatives :smile:

Wait until you get to F335 though, and then nitrogen chemistry really kicks in :tongue:
Original post by juniorx
i did 71/ the mr of the reactants then multiplied by 100

It said ALL products are useful so 100% atom economy. It was a 1 mark question, so it should require zero working out anyway.
For the the 6 marker did anyone else notice that it said what happens when the radiation from the sun enters the TROPOSPHERE?

I wrote the IR from the sun is absorbed by the bonds in the greenhouse gas molecules and the uv/visible reaches the ground where it warms the earth... I basically did the whole greenhouse effect explanation twice, once for the IR from the sun and once for the IR from the earth :smile:
so nitrite is correct right? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrite first line, can't believe i guessed that!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 1072
It's so easy to get muddled up with Nitrogen and its many relatives :smile:

Wait until you get to F335 though, and then nitrogen chemistry really kicks in :tongue:

>.< Dreading that haha!
Oh well I haven't made too many silly mistakes which is a relief, I messed up f331 because of silly mistakes haha
Reply 1073
what did people put for the question that asked about the type of bond breaking or something? I couldn't work out if it was asking for photodissociation or homolytic bond fission, so put photodissociation causes homolytic bond fission
Original post by Davelittle
For the the 6 marker did anyone else notice that it said what happens when the radiation from the sun enters the TROPOSPHERE?

I wrote the IR from the sun is absorbed by the bonds in the greenhouse gas molecules and the uv/visible reaches the ground where it warms the earth... I basically did the whole greenhouse effect explanation twice, once for the IR from the sun and once for the IR from the earth :smile:

Yea, I included that as well
Original post by super121
No, really don't think it's gonna be that high. A few question caught some people out and i'm sure lots more marks were lost due to silly mistakes. Also, we only make up a small minority of the people that took this exam

I don't think they can make the boundary higher than 80% raw marks anyway can they?
Reply 1076
Original post by krisshP
It said ALL products are useful so 100% atom economy. It was a 1 mark question, so it should require zero working out anyway.

i know i thought it was strange how they only gave one line. The ****ing thing though is i knew that they were alll useful products but i still thought they were specifically on about the chlorine :angry:
Original post by super121
I agree with you, I only know because i've done F334 and F335

I'm quite certain the mark scheme will allow a lot of versions probably for that question
Original post by Baymmm
what did people put for the question that asked about the type of bond breaking or something? I couldn't work out if it was asking for photodissociation or homolytic bond fission, so put photodissociation causes homolytic bond fission

The homolytic bit gets the marks so you covered your back!
Original post by juniorx
i haven't even done f335 yet. this is supposed to be an as exam!!!

This unit specification clearly says though :smile:

Spec.png

Latest

Trending

Trending