The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3720
Original post by Saif95
What was the answer to why a large number of products are produced during cracking one?

I'm not sure if it's right, but I put 'because the carbon-carbon bonds can be broken at any part of the chain'
Original post by nothepreacher
too low It would be 84 for an A I supoose

When has it ever been that high for an A?
Original post by SinghSTAR
My teacher told me that the largest number of C atoms you can get in an alkane ring is 6, so wouldn't the skeletal formula of Octane be a hexagon with two methyl groups extending from it?

I remember it being discussed not so long ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. Cyclooctane definitely exists. It even has its own wiki page. Lucky octo chap.
Original post by Ché.
I reckon:

78 - A.
71 - B.
64 - C.
57 - D.
50 - E.
43 - U.

:biggrin::wink::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it will be slightly Higher.

Probably 2 marks above what you have written for every grade boundary. :biggrin:
what did everyone get for 5a ?
Original post by Saif95
What was the answer to why a large number of products are produced during cracking one?

I think it was because any carbon-carbon bond could break. So there are many possible products as random.

Also, could someone tell me whether butane would be accepted for biodegradable propellant (whatever it was). I thought it was?
Original post by leahcee
I'm not sure if it's right, but I put 'because the carbon-carbon bonds can be broken at any part of the chain'

You're right my friend
Original post by kelvinbeyioku
usually 34/40 but some my teacher fear that teachers from other schools are helping students cheat causing grade boundaries to maybe go up

For OCR biology you need 36/40 for an A - it's really high. I know it's a different subject but I can't imagine it being too different.
Original post by g.k.galloway
I should think so!

We don't need to do cis/trans only E/Z :smile:

But if i referred to the Z isomer as Cis and the E as trans, will i get the mark (question 3 d ii).
Reply 3729
For mass spec I wrote "Analysing a person's breath".. do you think its acceptable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jacksonmeg
what did everyone get for 5a ?

Um. mind elaborating a bit more on that?
Original post by nothepreacher
What is the UMS you need for an A* overall?

a_star.png

Here, you need 480UMS overall with 270UMS coming from your A2 exams + coursework
Original post by lucilleJR

Also, could someone tell me whether butane would be accepted for biodegradable propellant (whatever it was). I thought it was?

It's HCFCs :smile:
I reckon I've got 90/100 which I'm happy with considering I only need 73/100 for A according to my teacher
Original post by g.k.galloway
When has it ever been that high for an A?

Well, I think there will be too many question who would have done really well on tis paper so it may well be 84. Did you find this harder than jan 2013?
Reply 3735
My teacher told me that the largest number of C atoms you can get in an alkane ring is 6, so wouldn't the skeletal formula of Octane be a hexagon with two methyl groups extending from it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry but your teacher told you the wrong thing.:frown: That same question has come up before and it definitely had eight carbon atoms in a ring. Sorry about your teacher!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've never heard of that :redface:

oh dear
Original post by Ché.
Well, yes I did in fact!
What I had felt was identical to your opinion; I generally space out my answers anyway just in case I think of a perfect sentence to complement the section and so it makes total sense hen being examined for that all important QWC mark of course!

Rather easy to recall, right!?
I think the troubled question was either the Le Chatelier's principle application response for five marks, or the seven marker for the Boltzmann Distribution.

I know I done them right as far as I am concerned, but those questions are harder in my opinion. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think its easy to miss out the key words in the Le Chatelier's principle... but i reckon ive answered it all fairly well :smile: i finished with about 35 minutes to spare so went back over it all slowly and corrected about 3 silly marks i'd done wrong :smile: overall though, i think it was a nice paper :smile: harder than the jan one, but thats good because i reckon grade boundaries will be lower :smile: fingers crossed for results day though! :smile:
Original post by Room4student
But if i referred to the Z isomer as Cis and the E as trans, will i get the mark (question 3 d ii).

ummmm, I thought cis trans related to something to do with masses...I'm not sure if it was applicable to the molecule or not?
But if it is (I don't know much about it) and Z=Cis, E=trans then yes :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending