The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:yay: no more rubbish OCR salters to deal with after this for me :yay:

Anyone else feel like this :biggrin:
Reply 1101
Original post by krisshP
That's what I did. They said to throw in only one equation and I gave like 2/3, is this wrong?

I did the same as you, i assumed it meant atleast one. Im sure they wont mark you down if, and only if all the chemistry is correct. I assume on the markscheme it will have something like CON mark for incorrect chemistry of additional equations. I doubt they can take away marks if the chemistry is correct, im sure they will just ignore it.

However ever, i linked the two equations together so im not sure if this is allowed
Reply 1102
Original post by Tejmasta
what did you put for the drying agent question?
i had no idea so just made up anhydrous sodium chloride, dont think its right

anhydrous sodium sulphate
Original post by tigerz
Oh wow good luck! I'll be doing that next year haha
Exactly the mark scheme is ridiculous at times >.<

Thank you! And trust me, it makes you want to memorise the mark scheme instead of the actual content :tongue:

All the best for your results :biggrin:
Reply 1104
what did you put for the drying agent question?
i had no idea so just made up anhydrous sodium chloride, dont think its right

Anhydrous Sodium Sulfate
Original post by juniorx
**** are the grade boundaries based on everyone who took the paper regardless of whether they've done as or a2 chem? surely that would be unfair to the as students as they are probably going to do worse than the a2s?

Yea, I agree. It also depends on how smart the cohort is. If they are smart boundaries go up regardless on how easy/hard the paper is (like in June 2012 :angry:)
Reply 1106
Original post by grassgrazers01
I don't think it can be hydrogen bonding as there are only hydrogen bond donors, I could be wrong though :confused:

the OH group could form hydrogen bonds
Reply 1107
There was a question like that on a past paper with the answer Anhydrous Sodium Sulfate as a drying agent. So I put that. Awesome. Also what did people get for the other use of CFC one? Gen they said besides refrigerant, I just went F**K but literally at the last second I though of aerosol sprays and threw it down. There was some subconscious logic behind it because Wikipedia implies that I'm right..
Reply 1108
Original post by abzy1234
Thank you! And trust me, it makes you want to memorise the mark scheme instead of the actual content :tongue:

All the best for your results :biggrin:

Kind of what I end up doing at the end, I put anhydrous sodium sulphate, do I know why? nope. It's just always right :lol:
Thank you! You to :smile:
Reply 1109
Original post by saser400
There was a question like that on a past paper with the answer Anhydrous Sodium Sulfate as a drying agent. So I put that. Awesome. Also what did people get for the other use of CFC one? Gen they said besides refrigerant, I just went F**K but literally at the last second I though of aerosol sprays and threw it down. There was some subconscious logic behind it because Wikipedia implies that I'm right..

yeah, i put aerosols too
Original post by grassgrazers01
I don't think it can be hydrogen bonding as there are only hydrogen bond donors, I could be wrong though :confused:

Yeah but it said intermolecular bonds which means between molecules, I was thinking that at first but pretty sure that's what intermolecular means.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah, i put aerosols too

I thought it was the 'propellants in aerosols' and not just the 'aerosols' themselves. I'm not sure if it matters though...
Hi guys, I was okay with everything except the first page :colondollar:, not that it means much, stupid, spawn of satan mark schemes :mad: anybody else really happy about the 6 mark on the advanced notice at the end? The answer was in the article! :biggrin:
I put flame retardants for the other use of CFCs is that right? and what does CFC actually stand for?
Reply 1114
What were the large scale uses of chlorine?
I'm pretty sure I dropped about 20 marks just making stupid stupid mistakes. Ugh.
Reply 1116
Original post by Ali_Ludley
I thought it was the 'propellants in aerosols' and not just the 'aerosols' themselves. I'm not sure if it matters though...

The propellants in aerosols can be CFCs. So that would make CFCs used AS propellants in aerosols. I think. It should be fine..
What were the large scale uses of chlorine?

I wrote disinfectant and for purifying drinking water? or something like that
Reply 1118
Original post by super121
Yea, I agree. It also depends on how smart the cohort is. If they are smart boundaries go up regardless on how easy/hard the paper is (like in June 2012 :angry:)

thats a really good point, I didn't think of that
Original post by gregzzzter
I put flame retardants for the other use of CFCs is that right? and what does CFC actually stand for?

Chlorofluorocarbons. and I wrote blowing agents for that one, it was quite literally the only thing on my mind because my friend and I made this inappropriate joke in the morning around it haha

Latest

Trending

Trending