The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hasslol
I wrote ir spectropocy is used for measuring greenhouse gasses? Is that correct?

I put environmental monitoring of pollution... Not sure about it though.
Original post by Fullycorporate
Here is an unofficial mark scheme for Q3

3(a) Alkene and ester (2)

(b) C=C bond present (1)

(c) Orange/brown to colourless (1)

(d)(i) Stereoismers have the same structural formula but different arrangement of atoms in space (1)
(ii) I is Z-isomer, J is E-isomer (1)

(e)(i) Enthalpy change when one mole of a substance undergoes complete combustion (2)
(ii) 4.18 x (54.0 - 20.2) x 50 = 7.06 kJ/mol (2)
(iii) 1.34/268 = 0.005mol (2)
(iv) 7.064/0.005 = -1419 kJ/mol (3)

For functional group i said double bond is this okay
Original post by walkers38
‒4596 or ‒4956 something like that

This may be a dumb question...but...what do you do about the nitrogen? I mean, they didn't give you the values in the table?
Reply 3823
i understand now because 1.34/268 , stupidly i think i did 1.36g instead of 1.34
Original post by Liberty.
What if you wanted just an A overall and got a B in AS? Would you just need high A's, like 85%?

Yeah'd be fine :smile: x
Reply 3825
Original post by sessess
That's not right. An A* grade is awarded ONLY for the A2 units. You must:

1) Get enough UMS for an A overall (480/600)

2) Get an average of 90% or above in the A2 units. (270/300 or above for A2)

However, I'm not entirely sure if the Practical Skills (F326) unit counts towards this. In mathematics you only need a 90% average in C3 and C4 (not the third, chosen module) to get the A*, so maybe it's only for the core exams. Anyone know for certain?

You're completely correct - however, F326 does count within the A* score.
You would need the 36/40 in your practical work for that too!

Mathematics is so great!
Lows you a whole module but you theoretically need to gain great in that too just in case, I guess...
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i put to detect compounds in crime scenes or something along those lines :s-smilie:
Reply 3827
Original post by LH78
As always, there will be some people who found the paper easy and others who found it extremely hard. At my college, people didn't think it went very well. Lets not forget that grade boundaries are based on how well everyone who sat this paper did. Many had the same reaction to January's paper (I didn't do that one, I'm just basing that on what I read on here) and it was 79 for an A. So I don't think anyone is in the position to be predicting grade boundaries to be honest. Those who feel they have done exceedingly well will predict the grade boundaries to be high and those who didn't feel they did as well will be praying its lower.

Patience is a virtue. I know its hard but the only thing we can all do is get on with the rest of exams and wait till August for results.

your amazinnnnnnnnggggg
Original post by BingTaoBing
This may be a dumb question...but...what do you do about the nitrogen? I mean, they didn't give you the values in the table?

i know omfg i didn't get that either
Original post by Legal drugdealer
For functional group i said double bond is this okay

I think you have to specify that it's carbon to carbon but you may get a benefit of the doubt mark, I don't know tbh.
unofficial markscheeme??
Reply 3831
Original post by BingTaoBing

nitrogen is 0 as its nit combined i see itvas oxidation numbers if you get me so if there was a O2 on its own it would be 0
Original post by lucindaellaaa

i think it's because enthalpy of formation of elements, in this case N2, is 0
Also, in the thing about cracking in question 1.

I said: Because a large range of different lengths of alkanes and alkenes could be produced from C15H32. There is no way to determine a specific product...

Is this OK? Or have I missed something key?
Original post by SinghSTAR
My teacher told me that the largest number of C atoms you can get in an alkane ring is 6, so wouldn't the skeletal formula of Octane be a hexagon with two methyl groups extending from it?

I remember it being discussed not so long ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope you can have 8 I think..
Reply 3835
Original post by lucindaellaaa

The enthalpy change of formation for an element is always zero so the data wasn't included in the table.
Reply 3836
i feel like an idiot.... i wrote microwaves LOOOOOOOL
Where is the 2nd half of the exam?
Finally got a copy of the paper, I'll assume no one uploaded it yet, so i'll do it in a few minutes
Where's needtosucceed, wanna how she found it

Latest

Trending

Trending