The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3840
Original post by Ché.
You're completely correct - however, F326 does count within the A* score.
You would need the 36/40 in your practical work for that too!

Mathematics is so great!
Lows you a whole module but you theoretically need to gain great in that too just in case, I guess...
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for clarifying! I was really hoping that the practicals wouldn't count towards the A* - for some reason I did really well in the physics ones but not so much in the chemistry. Guess I can wave goodbye to my chances of getting A* in chemistry... (unless I do well enough in the exams to make up for it, but doubtful!).
Original post by 14anonymous
Can someone uplaod the paler somewhere?

Sure
Paper is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/95o74ojgt35u2c6/FULL%20F322%20June%202013%20PAPER_merged.pdf
Original post by SinghSTAR
My teacher told me that the largest number of C atoms you can get in an alkane ring is 6, so wouldn't the skeletal formula of Octane be a hexagon with two methyl groups extending from it?

I remember it being discussed not so long ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

that is what I did because i never knew a ring could be more than 6 carbons ;(. i did a hexagon with an ethyl group coming out of it :/
Original post by theCreator
Just checking I have a copy of the paper, has anyone uploaded it yet or should I post the link here?

Post the link please
Original post by theCreator
Finally got a copy of the paper, I'll assume no one uploaded it yet, so i'll do it in a few minutes

Its been uploaded

Look at A* guy

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2282193&page=182&page=182
Reply 3845
Original post by sessess
Thanks for clarifying! I was really hoping that the practicals wouldn't count towards the A* - for some reason I did really well in the physics ones but not so much in the chemistry. Guess I can wave goodbye to my chances of getting A* in chemistry... (unless I do well enough in the exams to make up for it, but doubtful!).

SAAAAAAME!
You can man, you can!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fullycorporate
I think you have to specify that it's carbon to carbon but you may get a benefit of the doubt mark, I don't know tbh.

i said carbon carbon double bond :biggrin:
Reply 3847
Original post by BingTaoBing
Also, in the thing about cracking in question 1.

I said: Because a large range of different lengths of alkanes and alkenes could be produced from C15H32. There is no way to determine a specific product...

Is this OK? Or have I missed something key?

You needed to say that the c-c bond can break anywhere so the process is random. It was on a past paper.
Original post by niceguy95
Its been uploaded

HAHASHAH

Anywho Unofficial markscheme being uploaded
Did people get H for the tertiary alcohol in q2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put for the use of Infrared Spec that you could use it to see whats in the ozone (like anything thats been emitted) d'ya reckon thats ok or?
Original post by Farringtonn
Did people get H for the tertiary alcohol in q2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yepp i did
For the use I wrote 'bre' was going to put breathalyser but thought it was wrong LOL :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AJFShaz
HAHASHAH

Anywho Unofficial markscheme being uploaded

I thought you were doing the markscheme , I just gave him the paper
Reply 3854
Omg.. for the functional groups I wrote carboxyl and carbonyl.. please say at least one is right :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wndms
Omg.. for the functional groups I wrote carboxyl and carbonyl.. please say at least one is right :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ermm im not sure but i put an ester and an alkene
Where's needtosucceed, wanna how she found it

hello! i was at school till late and only got home a little while ago, i've been reading everyones posts though. schools network doesnt let me log onto tsr :frown:

anywhoooos..I thought it was generally a good paper. what really stumped me was that radical substitution question, eventually I figured it out though. the year 12's found the paper fairly difficult. other places to trip up was the yellow flame thing and the IR spec. i put butanal and 2-methylpropanal as I assumed they had to have the same functional group, so i discounted butanone.
the calculations and other 2 mechanisms were a godsend! so was the chatliers principle and boltzmann distribution. I think i may have lost around 10 marks, which I'm quite happy with.

how'd you find it?

:smile:
Unofficial MS anyone?

For the 5 marker question on equilibrium I put:

- an increase in temp will shift the equalibrium to the LEFT (LHS), in the endothermic direction to oppose the change
- due to the the forward reaction being EXOTHERMIC
- an increase in pressure will shift the equilibrium LEFT (LHS)
- as it is the side witch has the fewest moles of gas (on reactants side of equation)
- without a catalyst, equalibroum position is (not changed) unchanged because a catalyst speeds up the forward and reverse reaction by the SAME amount

Is that enough for the 5 marks?
(edited 10 years ago)
I thought you were doing the markscheme , I just gave him the paper

I am it's being uploaded -_-
Original post by wndms

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by irfymahmood
ermm im not sure but i put an ester and an alkene

ester and alkene is correct.

Latest

Trending

Trending