The Student Room Group

edexcel IGCSE 2013 may students

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BuddingAchiever
Has everyone almost finished with IGCSEs yet? All that is left are normal gcses for me

Same!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 601
Original post by Vorte
5 more papers to go for me :biggrin:

I have 5 more too! Right now I've finished 5 exams, but as of the end of tomorrow, I would've completed 8...slightly terrifying but I cannot wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has everyone almost finished with IGCSEs yet? All that is left are normal gcses for me

4 more to freedom!!
Reply 603
is anyone taking ocr fmsq admaths tomorrow? or is there a link to it?
Original post by arkajyotig
4 more to freedom!!

Haha almost everyone has 4 exams left !!! I have 4 exams left aswell...... so that's 14 down including 6 IGCSEs :O woooooooo.... the freedom!!! Well.... to be honest..... study leave has allowed me to catch up on sleep as well give me the freedom to rest
Reply 605
Haha almost everyone has 4 exams left !!! I have 4 exams left aswell...... so that's 14 down including 6 IGCSEs :O woooooooo.... the freedom!!! Well.... to be honest..... study leave has allowed me to catch up on sleep as well give me the freedom to rest

What topics are you doing for history?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vorte
What topics are you doing for history?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well i'm doing the edexcel gcse but last year i did 50% of my modules.... -
-international relations
-russian revolution (i really can't remember exact title)
-controlled assessment
-USA unit 3c a divided union
^^the last topic is the one i'm doing this year and I need 71 ums marks to get an A* :smile:

How about you ?
Reply 607
Well i'm doing the edexcel gcse but last year i did 50% of my modules.... -
-international relations
-russian revolution (i really can't remember exact title)
-controlled assessment
-USA unit 3c a divided union
^^the last topic is the one i'm doing this year and I need 71 ums marks to get an A* :smile:

How about you ?

Oh. Right. I am doing IGCSE :smile:
4 units.
Unification of Germany.
Unification of Italy.
Russia in revolution
Changes in medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vorte
Oh. Right. I am doing IGCSE :smile:
4 units.
Unification of Germany.
Unification of Italy.
Russia in revolution
Changes in medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest, I'd rather do IGCSE even if that means memorising more.... it sounds more interesting and the way the paper is structured is actually more pleasing to me than the normal gcse... I love russia in revolution !! haha it's a shame i'm not doing it for a-level seeing as I'm not that fascinated by tudors :/
Reply 609
To be honest, I'd rather do IGCSE even if that means memorising more.... it sounds more interesting and the way the paper is structured is actually more pleasing to me than the normal gcse... I love russia in revolution !! haha it's a shame i'm not doing it for a-level seeing as I'm not that fascinated by tudors :/

Sigh. I hate the Russian unit. >. >
The other three are much easier than this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 610
Original post by neo25

I am. It's gonna be my third exam of the day... I'm doing a past paper now. How you feeling?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 611
Original post by Vorte
Sigh. I hate the Russian unit. >. >
The other three are much easier than this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing Russia too..my least favourite!!! I cannot write that 15 mark essay...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 612
Original post by amalik_
I'm doing Russia too..my least favourite!!! I cannot write that 15 mark essay...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 613
Original post by Vorte
:s nvm. I hate that question. I put valley and interlocking spurs. Other than that the paper was decent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know and the fact that it was one of the early questions made it worse, gave me a feeling the worse was yet to come, but luckily there want much that was as bad. And you did hazards, right? What did you write concerning the one where they asked how should earthquake proof buildings be made or designed?
Reply 614
Original post by aadit999
I know and the fact that it was one of the early questions made it worse, gave me a feeling the worse was yet to come, but luckily there want much that was as bad. And you did hazards, right? What did you write concerning the one where they asked how should earthquake proof buildings be made or designed?

The ones that are on the kobe case study and after that. Steel for more flexibility and concrete.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've only got 3 IGCSES left!! 3 sciences and japanese GCSE tomorrow :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Dominicoben
I've only got 3 IGCSES left!! 3 sciences and japanese GCSE tomorrow :biggrin::biggrin:

lucky you !!! I have to wait for soo long when I can take the exam tomorrow !!! It's so fustrating :frown:
Original post by neo25

Yeah I am! Haven't had a chance to revise though because I've got history and physics too tomorrow :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 618
Original post by Dominicoben

I've only got 3 iGCSE's left too! 3 science papers of 1 hour each!

Will have 2 left by the end of tomorrow!

We only do iGCSE's at our school, so by next Wednesday my exams will be over! Yey!
Original post by aadit999

me i wrote alot on that...concrete buildings reinforced with steel girders, foundations sunk deep below avoiding the clay(soft rocks which might liquefy), rubber shock absorbers to absorb some of the shock waves, buildings with window shutters whick close during earthquake to prevent falling glass and killing people, and buildings to be made out of steel which cross bracing so the building is flexible and absorbs some shocks....

Quick Reply