The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Will I lose a mark for saying Octa-3-ene instead of Oct-3-ene :s-smilie: I got the methyl groups correct.
Original post by Login
Will I lose a mark for saying Octa-3-ene instead of Oct-3-ene :s-smilie: I got the methyl groups correct.

Octa is the correct way.. so dw about it.
Original post by Elliot.kai.lee

Octa isn't the right way, the 'a' is only added when there is more than one double bond. Its simply oct-3-ene.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1163
Original post by ashxx
hmmm me too /: everyone seems to have done really well, so grade boundaries gunna be high ....

Oh well! Just want to forget about it now and hope for the best! Refuse to read this thread or it will get me down haha! Sure we have both done fine :biggrin:
Reply 1164
would saying propellants for the CFC questions be alright guys?
Was the alcohol question primary??
Correct me.if.im.wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by imym
Oh well! Just want to forget about it now and hope for the best! Refuse to read this thread or it will get me down haha! Sure we have both done fine :biggrin:

Just remember, the TSR lot aren't your 'Average' pupils :biggrin:

Original post by NielsBohrsDad
Was the alcohol question primary??
Correct me.if.im.wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was tertiary.
Reply 1167
Original post by Ali_Ludley
Octa isn't the right way, the 'a' is only added when there is more than one double bond. Its simply oct-3-ene.

I know, it was a silly mistake, I added the "a" in afterwards for some reason. :frown:
Original post by King Hotpie
I believe if you draw out 2,6- dimethyloct-5-ene it's exactly the same- are there any specific naming rules for this, or are they both allowed? How many marks was it, in case they aren't :colone:

I think it was worth two marks. When you add up the numbers in the name you should try and get it as low as possible.

2,6- dimethyloct-5-ene 2+6+5=13
3,7-dimethyloct-3-ene 3+7+3=13

I don't think it matters which one, although in the exam I worked out the the second one was lower for some reason unless I have just made a mistake.
Reply 1169
Original post by King Hotpie
I put Carbon Fluorine Clorine instead of chlorofluorocarbons :facepalm:
What the hell was I thinking there?

I did the exact same! Hopefully the examiner skimms it I something
Original post by Elliot.kai.lee

no its not, its only "a" if it has more than one c=c double bond
Original post by Tejmasta
the answer was all in the prerelease text. all you had to do was basically copy out what it said

That's basically what I did :colondollar: though I can't help but be paranoid they will notice and mark us down for it :eek: oh well, nothing to be done now :biggrin:
Original post by Davelittle
nickel catalyst 150degrees AND 5 atm :redface:

yes thats right for the equilibrium one

Could you use a Plantinum catalyst at room temp and pressure for the Hydrogen question.
Reply 1173
Original post by Tejmasta
i dont think so, chemical ideas (pg246 it think) says nitrite is the common name but nitrate (iii) ion is the systematic name

you probably will still get one mark

what was the question where we had to right about nitrite or nitrates- i can't remember and it's really scaring me because I'm resitting this exam and i have a great fear of having missing out questions as i did in my As exam
Original post by exams567
any1 got a copy of the paper? am really stressed now:frown:

You can probably get one from your exam officer, they usually have a spare kicking around, mine gave me one after the exam, I'm the only one from my 6th Form who does chemistry :colondollar:
Original post by baddeleyh
Could you use a Plantinum catalyst at room temp and pressure for the Hydrogen question.

Yes, both where right, I always found the Pt one easier to remember :biggrin:
Original post by baddeleyh

yes :smile:
Original post by CallMeBatwoman
You can probably get one from your exam officer, they usually have a spare kicking around, mine gave me one after the exam, I'm the only one from my 6th Form who does chemistry :colondollar:

Any chance you could upload it please? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C.JTop
what was the question where we had to right about nitrite or nitrates- i can't remember and it's really scaring me because I'm resitting this exam and i have a great fear of having missing out questions as i did in my As exam

It asked to give the systematic name for NO2-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1179
does anyone know the weighting for all the different papers, including F335 and F334 and coursework etc ?

Latest