The Student Room Group

OCR AS Psychology: G542: Core Studies - Wednesday 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
Original post by Aradia
i was just w0ndering h0w l0ng pe0ple generally take f0r secti0n a? i just did a paper, and secti0n a 0nly t00k me ab0ut half an h0ur... is that t00 little?

g00d luck t0 every0ne d0ing this exam t0m0rr0w! i h0pe y0u all d0 well 0u0

Depends how well you know it! But my teacher thinks a mark a minute is a good guideline. So section a, which is worth 60 marks, should take about an hour really.

But yeah, if you know it well enough to only take half an hour then well done!
guys, do you think that mentioning 3 advantages and disadvantages of a approach won't do any harm if you have the time? or would it be best to stick to just two?

because i usually have ages on the last section.. (well more than i need).. but i feel like if i mention anymore than 2 advantages and disadvantages then its likely that the last 2 will be less detailed and grammatically correct so there's an increased chance that i may get marked down? hmm..
Reply 1302
Original post by random1234567
Thats gonna be one scary moment....... :frown:

Going to end up with Social and Cognitive as our Section C's, just because they knew we wouldn't think we'd get them....
Original post by Jess96
Going to end up with Social and Cognitive as our Section C's, just because they knew we wouldn't think we'd get them....

haha oh dear..
Original post by Jess96

OH MY GOD. I would write swear words on the paper.
What are the studies which relate to the behaviourist approach and the psychodynamic approach?
I'm self teaching this part of the exam :smile:
Original post by random1234567
What do you think will come up for section C
I dont really like that study too its just that it hasnt come up since such a long time so I thought id revise quite alot of it in detail. I still prefer it to sperry or reicher :eek:

I think it might be either Psychodynamic, behaviourist, Physiological or maybe even social psychology. Yeah I don't like Reicher, it's annoying. How about u? what might come up?
Original post by jodie.irwin27
guys, do you think that mentioning 3 advantages and disadvantages of a approach won't do any harm if you have the time? or would it be best to stick to just two?

because i usually have ages on the last section.. (well more than i need).. but i feel like if i mention anymore than 2 advantages and disadvantages then its likely that the last 2 will be less detailed and grammatically correct so there's an increased chance that i may get marked down? hmm..

I tend to do three if I have time, no harm in a few extra marks eh? :wink:
Reply 1308
the most nerve wracking moment during the exam is the moment just before we turn to section b and c. my hearts gonna pound like crazy
Original post by EmilyLauren1994
What are the studies which relate to the behaviourist approach and the psychodynamic approach?
I'm self teaching this part of the exam :smile:

Behaviourist:
Savage
Bandura
Piliavin
Griffiths
Freud

Psychodynamic:
Freud
Thigpen
Original post by Skyscraper15
I tend to do three if I have time, no harm in a few extra marks eh? :wink:

i suppose so! just in my mock i wrote two full pages for just 2 advantages and disadvantages.. I really can't limit myself on that question! suppose it depends on how much i write xD
please could someone tell me a strength and weakness of the physiological/biological approach using the studies, so confused! thankyou xxxxx
Original post by molly.wishart
please could someone tell me a strength and weakness of the physiological/biological approach using the studies, so confused! thankyou xxxxx

Strength:
- uses alot of scientific equipment which makes data less objective such as Maguire uses EEG AND EOGs

Weakness:
-it often uses lab experiments which lack ecological validity and mundane realism such as D+K as people dont normally sleep with electrodes attached to their heads
predictions for section B?

Does anyone think that R&H is likely to come up?
Original post by jodie.irwin27
i suppose so! just in my mock i wrote two full pages for just 2 advantages and disadvantages.. I really can't limit myself on that question! suppose it depends on how much i write xD

Wow you must have got full marks! We've never actually done a mock but I done a practise myself today and got an A :smile: but it was only 4 marks into an A so I need to go over more things:frown:
Predictions????
Original post by lankan-gurl
predictions for section B?

Does anyone think that R&H is likely to come up?

Could do, I think Maguire, BC and Sperry will come up or possibly S+B:colondollar:
Can you imagine if section B was sperry, savage rumbaugh and reicher and haslam hahahah! i think i would just close the paper and go to sleep woow
Strengths and weaknesses of the psychodynamic approach anyone? I am using Holah but its just so long winded!
Original post by Skyscraper15
Strength:
- uses alot of scientific equipment which makes data less objective such as Maguire uses EEG AND EOGs

Weakness:
-it often uses lab experiments which lack ecological validity and mundane realism such as D+K as people dont normally sleep with electrodes attached to their heads

thankyou very much! hope biological approach comes up, i got told it would so i've done the most revision for it, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest