The Student Room Group

OCR AS Psychology: G542: Core Studies - Wednesday 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jess96
I really hope R&H isn't in this one, I may cry.

As long as we get a decent study or two!!
Reply 1341
does anyone know why baron cohen is considered a self report please?
Original post by wolalala
does anyone know why baron cohen is considered a self report please?

fixed choice questions were used: the mental state and its foil, and participants had to chose from one or the other :smile:
Reply 1343
What are 2 possible changes that could be made to Baron-Cohen and also for sperry. (Section B 8 marker)
What studies can be viewed from the Psychodynamic perspective?

Thigoin and Cleckley
Freud

What else?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1345
Original post by EmilyLauren1994
Strengths and weaknesses of the psychodynamic approach anyone? I am using Holah but its just so long winded!

S- allows us to suggest causes of mental disorders
-allows us to suggest why individuals behave in ways they cannot easily understands
-allows collection of qualitative data

W-studies often use unrepresentative samples
-based on concepts that are difficult to test and verify scientifically
-ethical concerns :smile:
For Reicher and Haslam on day 1 and day 2 ect ect... Is this the results?

When would you mention for example when the trade union person came in, is that included in the procedure or results?

I'd say results... :s-smilie:
Original post by >Username<
For Reicher and Haslam on day 1 and day 2 ect ect... Is this the results?

When would you mention for example when the trade union person came in, is that included in the procedure or results?

I'd say results... :s-smilie:

id say procedure as it was introduced as a cognitive alternative thingymabob... :colondollar:
guys would this be included as a disadvantage for the physiological approach?

studies often rely on self-report or observation to gather qualitative data to provide detailed explanations as to why a behaviour occurs. these methods include bias etc etc etc...
Original post by jodie.irwin27
i have no. absolute. idea!! i surprised myself by how much knowledge on the studies i've acquired and kept. I was able to write the whole of Bandura's study out a couple of days ago, without looking at my notes. I hadn't revised it in so long.. the only thing i got wrong was the sample. Thank god i can retain info easily! (as it appears anyway)

ahh good luck to you tomorrow too! don't worry, i'm sure you'll be surprised by how much you remember too!

Hey,

I'm not a 100% sure but I think it was you who posted a document about the studies that have been asked previously for section B? Would you be able to repost it because I can't seem to find it.
Reply 1350
fixed choice questions were used: the mental state and its foil, and participants had to chose from one or the other :smile:
ahh Thankyouuuuu :smile:!!!
Am I the only one who despises Baron-Cohen?? Hate that study so much!! :grr:
Original post by lankan-gurl
Hey,

I'm not a 100% sure but I think it was you who posted a document about the studies that have been asked previously for section B? Would you be able to repost it because I can't seem to find it.

i posted one that mentioned the issues and methods that appeared and have not being repeated since, i'll upload it now in case that's what you mean :smile:
id say procedure as it was introduced as a cognitive alternative thingymabob... :colondollar:

Humm. You could be right actually... Because the I.Vs are part of the procedure...

What's the results then? Just to re-jog my memory... ? :wink: :s-smilie:
Original post by >Username<
Humm. You could be right actually... Because the I.Vs are part of the procedure...

What's the results then? Just to re-jog my memory... ? :wink: :s-smilie:

pft i have no idea, all i know is that the guards didn't identify with their group, resulting in loss of power and authoritarianism, where as prisoners identified with their group when they realised that permeability was no longer possible. This led them to work together as a group to try to overthrow the guards.

when the last prisoner was introduced, he was a trades unionist so had good abilities to organise actions and stuff.. he was able to help the other prisoners come to a commune with the guards: i think it was like an agreement where the benefits of both the prisoner and guards were concerned. however, this failed

that's all i know and i probably made some of it up.. :L-
Reply 1355
Section B:
Griffiths
Sperry
Baron-Cohen

Section C:
Physiological
Behaviourist

My guesses
Does anyone have any resources they can lend for the psychodynamic approach please. :smile:
Reply 1357
pft i have no idea, all i know is that the guards didn't identify with their group, resulting in loss of power and authoritarianism, where as prisoners identified with their group when they realised that permeability was no longer possible. This led them to work together as a group to try to overthrow the guards.

when the last prisoner was introduced, he was a trades unionist so had good abilities to organise actions and stuff.. he was able to help the other prisoners come to a commune with the guards: i think it was like an agreement where the benefits of both the prisoner and guards were concerned. however, this failed

that's all i know and i probably made some of it up.. :L-

sounds about right. the only results i remember are about the guards not identifying with each other and prisoners identifying with each other.

i hope they ask about the screening process in section a, that would be great
there's this pdf i found for reicher and haslam from the prison experiment website, it's quite useful!
Original post by qs2xo
sounds about right. the only results i remember are about the guards not identifying with each other and prisoners identifying with each other.

i hope they ask about the screening process in section a, that would be great

ahh i hate that! can you go over it a bit? :L

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending