The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
naah i fink about 72 for an A
Original post by exams567
Lol, i don't think our exam officer is that cool with handing out papers- he seems moody, but if you dont mind can you please upload a copy of the one you were given? :smile:

Edit: I just inspected it more closely, she actually just gave me a load of the spare advanced notice articles all piled together :colondollar: wow, this is embarrassing, sorry to get your hopes up :frown: she likes to play pranks on students :s-smilie:.
Original post by super121
Any chance you could upload it please? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edit: I just inspected it more closely, she actually just gave me a load of the spare advanced notice articles all piled together :colondollar: wow, this is embarrassing, sorry to get your hopes up :frown: she likes to play pranks on students :s-smilie:.
Just to confirm.. what were the Ox.States of the N's for NH4+ and N02- and the 3rd part was N increase OxState ???????????
Original post by CallMeBatwoman

:O You have one evil exams officer! :tongue:
Reply 1206
Original post by Elliot.kai.lee
Cheers that's a relief.. is it just me or did it take like 40 minutes to do the paper.. prediction for the grade boundaries =80 for an A. it was on par with june2012

i finished the paper in an hour an 10 minutes and spend the other 15 minutes doing the last question. I agree it does seem at the same level as the june 2012 but i hope i done better than my low B

What did you write on the last question.
For the release of N2O, I wrote about nitrates being converted to N2O, N2O gas being given out from the oceans as it was not very soluble
and then for the removal, i wrote of photoylsis of n20 and gave few equations, then i wrote about nitric acid, reaction with oh radicals, wet deposition and then about PAN though i never actually ever understood the idea
Reply 1207
Just to confirm.. what were the Ox.States of the N's for NH4+ and N02- and the 3rd part was N increase OxState ???????????

I got -3 and + 3. Oxidation as oxidation state increases showing electrons have been lost
Reply 1208
i got -3 and +3 aswell
Original post by C.JTop
i finished the paper in an hour an 10 minutes and spend the other 15 minutes doing the last question. I agree it does seem at the same level as the june 2012 but i hope i done better than my low B

What did you write on the last question.
For the release of N2O, I wrote about nitrates being converted to N2O, N2O gas being given out from the oceans as it was not very soluble
and then for the removal, i wrote of photoylsis of n20 and gave few equations, then i wrote about nitric acid, reaction with oh radicals, wet deposition and then about PAN though i never actually ever understood the idea

Ye my answer was surprisingly simular, although it was a very open Q especially because you could only write and explain one Eqn and yh i also mentioned the OH + N20 in the removal as a propagation reaction as NO2 is a radical, not sure if it will be a marking point, but thought i'd chuck it in there..
Reply 1210
Original post by MintCrepz
GUYS look at question 1B look at what they did :wink: did this question this morning and was delighted to find basically the exact same question lmao.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/61539-question-paper-unit-f332-01-chemistry-of-natural-resources.pdf

wtf:eek: spent ages on that questions why didnt i see this feel so bad now
Reply 1211
Ye my answer was surprisingly simular, although it was a very open Q especially because you could only write and explain one Eqn and yh i also mentioned the OH + N20 in the removal as a propagation reaction as NO2 is a radical, not sure if it will be a marking point, but thought i'd chuck it in there..

i think it might be a marking point, it does make sense and yes it was an open question. I just hope it turns out all alright in the end otherwise uni will miss me.
Reply 1212
Original post by zippy103
can we just put our own mark scheme together I can remember most the stuff ??((:

I can remember the questions, but dont think my answers were right :frown:
Ye hopefully especially with it only being a 6 mark Q and 1 mark being written communication, so there's a max of 5 marking points.. what course are you applying for??
Reply 1214
Cheers that's a relief.. is it just me or did it take like 40 minutes to do the paper.. prediction for the grade boundaries =80 for an A. it was on par with june2012

I did it in about 50 minutes, it felt like a lot longer though. I managed to re-go through the paper about 2-3 times. :/
Reply 1215
Oh crap.
I think ive lost around 23 marks.silly mistakes if i got primary alcohol for one question how much marks wud i lose in entire paper considering it linked quite abit to that alcohol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did everybody get 28x10^7 for the more times oxygen is abundant than NH3 ??? thought this was the only challenging calculation
Reply 1218
Original post by Ali_Ludley
Just remember, the TSR lot aren't your 'Average' pupils :biggrin:

Yes! I do tend to forget that! I would just love to get an A, would boost my confidence and tempt me to do A2 chemistry (clearly I am going mad!!) :biggrin:
Reply 1219
Original post by NielsBohrsDad
Oh crap.
I think ive lost around 23 marks.silly mistakes if i got primary alcohol for one question how much marks wud i lose in entire paper considering it linked quite abit to that alcohol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

error carried forward is possible.

Latest

Trending

Trending