The Student Room Group

OCR Latin GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TelephoneBox
So just out of interest, what's everyone doing for A403 and A404?

I'm doing Apuleius and the Thessaly story + Pliny for A403, and Aeneid 12 for A404. I absolutely love the Aeneid, but sometimes it can be really annoying!

Verse, I'm doing the shield of Aeneas, Horace Satires and Perseus
Prose, I'm doing Livy, Suetonius and Pliny. :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by legolas97
Hey, I was wondering if anyone is doing the verse paper with the shield of Aeneas? My teacher went on maternity leave and we never did a translation or got any notes :/ If anyone does have anything to hand, it would really help :smile: Thanks x

The shield? Are you doing book 12?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
So just out of interest, what's everyone doing for A403 and A404?

I'm doing Apuleius and the Thessaly story + Pliny for A403, and Aeneid 12 for A404. I absolutely love the Aeneid, but sometimes it can be really annoying!

same :smile: i love the Aeneid but i prefere sagae thessalae though
Reply 43
Original post by NDM.

"Shield of Aeneas" is a couple of extracts from book 8 - it's studied alongside the other shorter verse extracts. There's twenty lines or so from when Venus gives him the armour, and then a big chunk of the ecphrasis at the end of the book.
Reply 44
Prose - Sagae Thessalae and Pliny
Verse - Aenead XII
Seems like a lot of people are doing the Aeneid 12 then but quite split on the prose set text :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by ZeniB
I'm doing that! I've attach a crib sheet. I could probably find you some past papers, as well, if you'd like? :smile: Good luck with the exam!

Thank you so much; I was really struggling to translate it all by myself! Good luck to you as well! :biggrin: xx
Reply 47
Original post by NDM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
book 8 :frown:
I'm doing Pliny, Livy & Suetonius for A403 and book 12 of the Aeneid for A404. I think the Pliny, Livy & Suetonius will be alright but I'm struggling with the Aeneid :frown:
Original post by Chantilly98
I'm doing Pliny, Livy & Suetonius for A403 and book 12 of the Aeneid for A404. I think the Pliny, Livy & Suetonius will be alright but I'm struggling with the Aeneid :frown:

Anything in particular you don't get about the Aeneid? I'm not an expert but I can try my best, unless it's just a matter of learning it!

A402 tomorrow guys. How we all feeling about it? I'm quite stress-free atm actually which makes a change but let's see how it goes. In the A401 I looked at the derivative question and then went back, but it took me 5 minutes to realise that I was trying to answer Passage C instead of Passage A! Let's not do that this time... :P
Anything in particular you don't get about the Aeneid? I'm not an expert but I can try my best, unless it's just a matter of learning it!

Thanks but it's really just a matter of learning it :smile: At least it's not for a couple of weeks
Original post by Chantilly98
Thanks but it's really just a matter of learning it :smile: At least it's not for a couple of weeks

Yeah exactly :smile:

I recently learnt it for a mock but it's all a bit vague now, so over this week I am going to read through A403 in a bit more detail, vaguely learning A404. Then it'll alternate next week :biggrin: That's the plan... won't happen though :tongue:
Reply 52
did it last year and boomed 100ums f##k bit#he#s get money
Reply 53
Original post by harrydry
did it last year and boomed 100ums f##k bit#he#s get money

How does the UMS work? Like what was your raw score to get 100UMS?
Reply 54
How did everyone find A402?
I didn't find it absolutey awful, some bits were hard though... you??
My mind literally forgot what an ablative absolute was until the very end, Yahh :/
I also translated iaceo as lie instead of throw...
Reply 57
I think there was some confusing grammar in the translation :tongue: and I put in the first question hat he was the farther of a famous son , but I think it was meant to be the other way round...
Reply 58
Original post by alexgr97
How does the UMS work? Like what was your raw score to get 100UMS?

Raw marks on paper 1 for an a* last year were 53/60
For paper 2 a star raw was 50/60
paper 3 43/50
paper 4 41/50
Reply 59
The grade boundaries are so high :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending