The Student Room Group

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have any projectile motion questions?
Original post by mrdan
Can someone give me a summary of Newtons three laws please

1st Law: Objects either stay in rest or in a constant motion unless acted on by the force. 2nd Law: Force is proportional to mass times acceleration. 3rd Law: The force exerted on the object is equal to the force exerted by the object. :smile:
monochromatic light. Is that when theres one wave? or when all the wavelenghs are the same?
Reply 1443
Original post by StalkeR47
1st Law: Objects either stay in rest or in a constant motion unless acted on by the force. 2nd Law: Force is proportional to mass times acceleration. 3rd Law: The force exerted on the object is equal to the force exerted by the object. :smile:

Thanks, could you explain the third one
If the 6-marker is on stationary and progressive wave. They'd probably ask you to distinguish between then (line unit 1) and give an example of each (like unit 1) eg, sound waves are longitudinal and all electromagnetic (radio waves etc) are transverse. This is my prediction. :smile:
Original post by _JasmineMistry
monochromatic light. Is that when theres one wave? or when all the wavelenghs are the same?

Monochromatic means a light ray of a single wavelength. This is the definition. :smile:
Original post by mrdan
Thanks, could you explain the third one

ok. So basically, when you push against an object (that is fixed), the object will push you against you with the same force. Does that make sense? :smile:
Yes! Same guy HAHA That was funny. :smile: Just hoping to get an easy 6 marker like the one with unit 1. Or I am going to be pissed of honestly cause I need an A and a vague 6-marker would get me a B because of that AQA noOb.

I bet it's like a new guy writing the summer 2013 papers and he's like 'Im gonna be an ultra pleb and change the 6 markers'. Honeslty you should have seen my unit 1 from january. I got 1 off an A which I wasnt happy with tbh. I decided to get my paper back and I must have lost about 4 marks literally because my answer did not match the mark scheme exactly. What I said meant the same thing, and I got 3 marks for my 6 marker?! It was actually quite good I thought!
Can someone please attach that small PDF which has all the 6 markers! Please :L
Original post by BayHarborButcher
I bet it's like a new guy writing the summer 2013 papers and he's like 'Im gonna be an ultra pleb and change the 6 markers'. Honeslty you should have seen my unit 1 from january. I got 1 off an A which I wasnt happy with tbh. I decided to get my paper back and I must have lost about 4 marks literally because my answer did not match the mark scheme exactly. What I said meant the same thing, and I got 3 marks for my 6 marker?! It was actually quite good I thought!

That is terrible! You should get the marks for saying the same thing even if it written in different words. What the hell? Now, AQA are pissing me off to hear this. 3/6 is cool! :smile: But, 1 off an A is really good! You should be looking forward to achieve a High A grade. :smile:
Reply 1450
ok. So basically, when you push against an object (that is fixed), the object will push you against you with the same force. Does that make sense? :smile:

What about if the object is moving? Surely the force exerted by you on the object is greater than the force exerted on you by the object?
Reply 1451
Good luck with the exam everyone! :smile:
Original post by mrdan
What about if the object is moving? Surely the force exerted by you on the object is greater than the force exerted on you by the object?

For a moving object, the force you are applying to the object is grater than the force exerted on you by the object. In this situation, object will accelerate (f=ma) until it reaches a constant velocity. :smile:
Guys, I am off to sleep. I will wake up at 5-6ish and I will be on this thread for people who need last minute revision help and for myself. :smile:
Good luck all! :biggrin: And the 6-marker is going to be an easy question. Trust me. :smile:
That is terrible! You should get the marks for saying the same thing even if it written in different words. What the hell? Now, AQA are pissing me off to hear this. 3/6 is cool! :smile: But, 1 off an A is really good! You should be looking forward to achieve a High A grade. :smile:

Haha I should be, but Im not very confident for this one. The unit 1 6 marker in jan was something to do with ohmic components. I used all the stuff they put in the mark scheme of past papers and got three? You have to be so specific in physics compared with chemistry it's actually unreal. Good luck for tomorrow, Im off :P
Reply 1456
For a moving object, the force you are applying to the object is grater than the force exerted on you by the object. In this situation, object will accelerate (f=ma) until it reaches a constant velocity. :smile:

So the third law only applies to objects with zero or constant velocity?
Original post by BayHarborButcher
Haha I should be, but Im not very confident for this one. The unit 1 6 marker in jan was something to do with ohmic components. I used all the stuff they put in the mark scheme of past papers and got three? You have to be so specific in physics compared with chemistry it's actually unreal. Good luck for tomorrow, Im off :P

Good luck to you too! :smile: I am off too. But I will be available at about 5:30am to help people with last minute revision. :smile:
When mentioning that kinetic energy is converted In to gpe what else should u mention?
Original post by mrdan
So the third law only applies to objects with zero or constant velocity?

Third law applies only to the fixed object. Because, if an object is at a constant velocity, your force is still grater than the force from the object. when moving, 1st and 2nd(f=ma) applies. :smile: Bye m8, I will be available at 5:30am to give further help. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending