The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Did everybody get 28x10^7 for the more times oxygen is abundant than NH3 ??? thought this was the only challenging calculation
Original post by Elliot.kai.lee
Did everybody get 28x10^7 for the more times oxygen is abundant than NH3 ??? thought this was the only challenging calculation

OMG!!! i got that aswell!!! virtual high 5! :wink:
Original post by pinpin95
OMG!!! i got that aswell!!! virtual high 5! :wink:

Good stuff pppinpin95 you must have brought your A game! btw what did you get for the molecular form Q like C15H20??? something along those lines..
Good stuff pppinpin95 you must have brought your A game! btw what did you get for the molecular form Q like C15H20??? something along those lines..

Wasn't that C10H16?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CeeBeeA
I think the answer was 7.6 x 10^8

Wasn't it 780 000 000

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by imym
Yes! I do tend to forget that! I would just love to get an A, would boost my confidence and tempt me to do A2 chemistry (clearly I am going mad!!) :biggrin:

Nah, i'm dropping it whatever I get, hopefully an A but I just prefer my other subjects... :redface: Maths, further maths and physics! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Alexandra82
Did anyone get 1,1,5- trimethyl hept-4-ene for the name of the molecule by any chance. It seems right to me when i work it out, but everyone seems to be writing other things...

Hi I got that answer as well! I drew the full structural formula out and is seemed to look right to me :smile: I am a resitter and was fairly confident with my answer till I saw this :s
Reply 1227
I got sometihng like 7.8 or 7.6 x 10 to the something as well. It seemed fairly basic if i remember.

Wasnt it like 7.8 x 10^7??

78/(0.0010/10000) = 780000000
Reply 1229
Original post by bexisamazing
Hi I got that answer as well! I drew the full structural formula out and is seemed to look right to me :smile: I am a resitter and was fairly confident with my answer till I saw this :s

only 2 methyl groups since one of the two split offs at the end was part of the chain not a double methyl.
by the way you can't get 1-methyl anything as it would just continue the carbon chain.
Reply 1230
Anyone reckon 75 would be enough for an A:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1231
Original post by cheetahs56

Posted from TSR Mobile

Going by previous papers, yes. Not sure how this one compared though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alexandra82
Did anyone get 1,1,5- trimethyl hept-4-ene for the name of the molecule by any chance. It seems right to me when i work it out, but everyone seems to be writing other things...

Exactly what I put!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by imym
Yes! I do tend to forget that! I would just love to get an A, would boost my confidence and tempt me to do A2 chemistry (clearly I am going mad!!) :biggrin:

I can't understand how some people choose to take OCR Salters chemistry to a2. If loads of people dropped it, it would mean nobody clearly like it, so maybe OCR salters can close down :yay:
Original post by super121
Wasn't that C10H16?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats what i got too. Then i.changed it to 17 cos.im so.stupid
Original post by cheetahs56

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope so. How did you find it?
What did.you get in f331?
Original post by anthonyrf
Exactly what I put!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope the longest chain was 8 so i got 3-7dimethyl-octane...
Reply 1237
for drawing the particle structure was it cl- and na+
Reply 1238
Original post by Ali_Ludley
Nah, i'm dropping it whatever I get, hopefully an A but I just prefer my other subjects... :redface: Maths, further maths and physics! :biggrin:

Ahh you crazy person! You must still have maths exams then? Good luck! Sure you'll come out with the grades you want :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anthonyrf
Exactly what I put!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wouldn't be 1,1 because the 1's would just make up the main chain so it's longer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending