The Student Room Group

**AQA BUSS 2 4th June Revision thread**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
People need to stop worrying about the profit variance question, I will have dropped 2 marks because I couldn't work out the difference(stupidly) but its the bigger questions to think about! - remember if you can get good application and analysis in the big answers just in one point that that's already all the marks for that part! Timing was appalling however in that exam they need to reassess the exam if they want people to do well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by las96
People need to stop worrying about the profit variance question, I will have dropped 2 marks because I couldn't work out the difference(stupidly) but its the bigger questions to think about! - remember if you can get good application and analysis in the big answers just in one point that that's already all the marks for that part! Timing was appalling however in that exam they need to reassess the exam if they want people to do well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So true about the variance question. If you worked everything out correctly, but got the wrong answer then you'll still get at least 4/6 or something. I wouldn't totally agree that you need more time in that exam. Admittedly, you are quite pushed for time, but there is enough time there to answer all the questions to a high standard, plus you can pick up time. My teachers recommended 5 minutes reading time for the case studies, but it was more like 2 at the most for me. Hope the exam went well for you. :smile:
Reply 382
Original post by DjamesH94
So true about the variance question. If you worked everything out correctly, but got the wrong answer then you'll still get at least 4/6 or something. I wouldn't totally agree that you need more time in that exam. Admittedly, you are quite pushed for time, but there is enough time there to answer all the questions to a high standard, plus you can pick up time. My teachers recommended 5 minutes reading time for the case studies, but it was more like 2 at the most for me. Hope the exam went well for you. :smile:

Oh I suppose you're right! A mark a minute is what they recommend however I do still believe certain questions took slightly longer to create a strong answer! Thank you the same for you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nursy96
I think its about 55/80 - 69% to get an A on this paper (looking at previous years)
not sure how much you will need to get an A overall, depends how well you have done in unit 1

You see if you got an A in the as level but did rubbish in this one, would that stop you from getting an A in the whole A level?
Original post by Forty40
Well, I ran out of time BADLY on that, I missed out a whole 8 marker, and part of the variance.
The others I feel did okay on, however, when I was running out of time, my last 2 13-16 markers, I only did like 1 point for and 1 point against, rather than 2 for and 2 against, I applied and used good analysis and evaluated the points, but there was only 1 point for each side... Will that lose me marks do you know? I thought it was best to do 2 points for each side

Exactly the exam is far too big for 90 minutes.
Original post by rumenaislam
I ran out of time on the last question only got 3/4 of the way through it. :/ Definitely feel like I'm going to be resitting. Also, what would you need on this paper to get an A if you got an A on unit 1?

I really don't want to resit. I hate that paper and I feel like if I resit it that my mark will not go up much because of its structure and size/timing. So I hope i've done enough to get a B.
Original post by Frostyjoe
I really don't want to resit. I hate that paper and I feel like if I resit it that my mark will not go up much because of its structure and size/timing. So I hope i've done enough to get a B.

You'll do fine! :smile: One thing I can say is that after doing BUSS3, I can say that BUSS2 was a nice little paper as long as you know your stuff. BUSS3 is a bit more in depth which may suit someone like you anyway who prefers more structured exams :smile: Good luck anyway!
Original post by las96
Oh I suppose you're right! A mark a minute is what they recommend however I do still believe certain questions took slightly longer to create a strong answer! Thank you the same for you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do agree about some of the questions though, it was hard to formulate a long answer with there being so little time available. And thanks! :smile:
Reply 388
Original post by Forty40
Well, I ran out of time BADLY on that, I missed out a whole 8 marker, and part of the variance.
The others I feel did okay on, however, when I was running out of time, my last 2 13-16 markers, I only did like 1 point for and 1 point against, rather than 2 for and 2 against, I applied and used good analysis and evaluated the points, but there was only 1 point for each side... Will that lose me marks do you know? I thought it was best to do 2 points for each side

It is not essential for you to write 2 points FOR and 2 points against on the long answers. It is marked on the "links" in your answers. If you have one reason FOR, and one reason against a decision, and you give 4-5 links for each. Along with a decent conclusion you can get full marks.
Reply 389
Original post by bullyy
i got 80.9 aswell and so did most of my college so its probably right

The answer was £154,400 Adverse. As long as you included workings in your answer, you should pick up some marks :smile:
Reply 390
Original post by naseema1333
This exam has made me depressed.

Ye, same. what was debt factoring? that killed me. :angry:
Original post by GH6108
Ye, same. what was debt factoring? that killed me. :angry:

Like where a business uses a third party to collect their debts for them, usually like a bank. But the one who collects the debt takes a significant cut of the debts, usually around 10%
I'm pretty sure it was 154,500 adverse, not 154,400 adverse?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yuvalpesh
I'm pretty sure it was 154,500 adverse, not 154,400 adverse?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got this too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IHateRevisionOK?
I got this too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank god, everyone is putting 400 and I don't know why! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
The first half i had enough time to structure my essays 2 for 2 against and evaluate nicely... the 2nd half well...i just hope the examiner can read the bullsh*t i wrote.
Reply 396
Ahh I hated the debt factoring question! what even is that!?
Reply 397
Original post by coeeey9
Ahh I hated the debt factoring question! what even is that!?

debt factoring is when an company sells it's outstanding debts for a percentage of the amount (usually 80-90%) to another organisation and is used for increasing cash inflows
Reply 398
It is for sure £154,500.
Reply 399
The debt factoring question was mainly mentioning alternatives to using factoring such as the overdraft and the adv/dis of using factoring, they will have short term cash flow relief but long term loss in profits.

Cash flow problems is a good topic with lots of links back to the case study! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending