The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sarahtonin
How much time would you say should be spent on the essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The exam board recommend spending an hour on it so spend 45 mins on the smaller sections. It's fine if you exceed 1 hour but make sure you have enough time to answer the other sections.
I've been revising so much this week that I gave myself a migraine yesterday whilst trying to revise world cities! :/
Reply 1862
Original post by Daniel George
Hi, I have got 227 UMS overall - what do I need to get a B in unit three?

You need 53 UMS for a B out of 120

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Knysna3
You need 53 UMS for a B out of 120

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you :P
Reply 1864
Original post by bluekipper
Why did someone neg me?

I looked at the neg thing, it was highlight and thought maybe I clicked it by accident, so I clicked it and now you have -2, sorry haha, bit of a noob
Hi, does anyone thing a question like "'Aid will always be necessary for LEDCs' - To what extext do you agree?" will come up as a essya question for development??
Reply 1866
Does anyone at least know any useful websites for GEOG4A?
Original post by Daniel George
Hi, I have got 227 UMS overall - what do I need to get a B in unit three?

280 - 227 = 53/120 = 45% mid E so about 30-33/90 or 34-37% Raw
Original post by AlexW1995
Hi, does anyone thing a question like "'Aid will always be necessary for LEDCs' - To what extext do you agree?" will come up as a essya question for development??

OHmygod. That would be the most fantastic question ever.
Reply 1869
Original post by bluekipper
A in 4A will be 64/80 UMS
155 + 64 = 219
320 - 219 = 101
101/120 = 85% = mid A
So you will need around 62-65/90 or 69-73% Raw based on last 3 June exams

Thanks!
Reply 1870
Is this exam out of 120 UMS? If i need a UMS score of 77 to get an A how many raw marks does this equal/what grade?
Original post by MrProff
Off topic: Where are all you guys planning to go to Uni? I got Swansea as my first choice and Plymouth as insurance!

WOOO! I have swansea as my first choice! :biggrin: im going to do Geography, what about you?
Original post by LS95
Is this exam out of 120 UMS? If i need a UMS score of 77 to get an A how many raw marks does this equal/what grade?

Yes, 77/120=65% mid C, so you need about 46-49/90 52-55% Raw
Reply 1873
Original post by rosiejohnston
WOOO! I have swansea as my first choice! :biggrin: im going to do Geography, what about you?

Geography of course! #buzzin
Original post by MrProff
Geography of course! #buzzin

I am SO excited! Just hope I get the grades now :P
Original post by ben10101
Extrusive landforms have never came up in a 40 mark question, neither have minor extrusive features or intrusive features.
Since 09 it has only been plate tectonics theory in aiding understanding of distribution of seismic events. Or the mitigation of volcanic hazards, the physical or human factors impacting the impact of earthquake hazards. Therefore nowhere near everything has been covered by previous questions.

They won't come up. They belong in Section A as they're too restrictive for discussion.
Reply 1876
Original post by rosiejohnston
I am SO excited! Just hope I get the grades now :P

yeah, me too, I got a BBB offer, I'm not sure whether thats cos they like me or think I'm stupid :P, I'm hoping they will let me in on ABC or maybe even BBC if this exam doesn't go well.. :/
Original post by MrProff
yeah, me too, I got a BBB offer, I'm not sure whether thats cos they like me or think I'm stupid :P, I'm hoping they will let me in on ABC or maybe even BBC if this exam doesn't go well.. :/

Well im a bit confused at what i need because on UCAS it says I need ABB but then at the open day they said we needed BBB? I think that is a good thing that they offered you BBB because it means they want you more maybe? Yeah I'm thinking I might get ABC but Im not sure if they would let us in if the C was in Geography :frown:
Reply 1878
any one have the mark scheme for the jan 13 paper? thanks
Original post by ElChapo
I need a nice way to introduce a case study in a 10 mark question where you are supposed to name one case study. I tend to say "A good example of..." anyone got better ideas? thanks - Also does a conflict involving just 2 countries considered international? Please be pretty certain before answering :tongue:

As long as you include it in your 10 marker they don't mind how.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending