The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Morsey_
I agree with that. I believe that there were many one mark questions which many students will lose a mark here or there, and also not everybody is a fan of skeletal formula, so if they couldn't grasp those questions then marks would be lost there. It wasn't 'easy', but it was pretty straight forward, with maybe one or two questions that would throw off candidates.

Yh exactly :smile:
Reply 4301
For the enthalpy reverse reaction I showed the working out clearly and put 283 but forgot the +ve charge will I loose marks? And is 80/100 an A?
[QUOTE="JimmyA*;42983215"]
Original post by Lagukage4

I'm the same i also put +820 but i'm really not sure anymore because if it was in KJ mol-1 then it does mean per mole and so it would be 1640. Anyway it's only 1 mark as you will get a mark for working out 10 moles.

hmm yeah think this is a grey area along with a few other marks on the paper until the mark scheme comes out :P the enthalpy change of formation of one mole of N2O (sadly enough i googled it :P ) is +82.02... so if they wanted the value for 10 moles, it has to be that x10 surely? ahhh i thought id only dropped maybe a couple of marks but because there are so many answers that people have mixed opinions on, i have no clue how i did! :// after this, i would now be very happy with 90% :smile:
Reply 4303
It is 820 wooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look in the textbook page 191 question 1a)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Simmy108
For the enthalpy reverse reaction I showed the working out clearly and put 283 but forgot the +ve charge will I loose marks? And is 80/100 an A?

I believe it will be around 77/78
(edited 10 years ago)
Answer to the flow chart boxes: image.jpg
Reply 4306
Original post by hassanakhtaruk
Answer to the flow chart boxes: image.jpg

Isn't it alkene + h20? Because in this way, the molecular formula matches the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4307
[QUOTE="Lagukage4;42983152"]
Original post by TheSilentFez

i also put +820.. but im starting to convince myself thats correct.. :L it asked for the enthalpy change that gives 240dm3 which is 10 moles... the equation states that +164 gives you 2N2O so surely you just multiply that by 5?

Yeah in the equation it was 2N2O meaning 2 moles So you times by 5 to make 10 moles

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wndms
Isn't it alkene + h20? Because in this way, the molecular formula matches the question

Posted from TSR Mobile

No because in the question it said organic products, H2O isn't an organic product
Reply 4309
Original post by redtortoise
No because in the question it said organic products, H2O isn't an organic product

Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhh ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4310
Original post by Dingusnin
Question 2 part D is wrong. With the head and acid catalyst, You have put the same molecule twice, Where as it the Alkene function group would be to the left on one of them. ( 1-ethyl-pent-2-ene and 1-ethyl-pent-3-ene).

And as for question 7 part D, It asks for a type, not examples. I could be wrong but i suspect they want you to say Alkanes.

Question 3 part A, The answer should be Alkene and Ester.
As for the rest it looks ok.

Cheers for that feel more confident now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4311
Original post by wndms

Posted from TSR Mobile

What if you drew the double bonds inside the ring??
Original post by Saif95
What if you drew the double bonds inside the ring??

That's the same thing, you would get the marks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4313
for the Ibr question would you get a mark if you just wrote uv?
Reply 4314
for 1aii i put 2 methyl-octane

for 2aii i put C/E coz i thought is H-C2H5-C-C3H7-OH or H3C-C-H-OH-C3H7???

for 3a,i put ester and C=C

for 5bii i put 164/2 =82

5biii i put 447

5c i put there is reversible arrow, so when pressure increase,equilibrium will shift to the left.

6c) i put monitor pollutant eg the pollutant molecular formula

7d i put HCFC

so unsure with my answer...this is my 3rd time retaking this modules. fingerxx
Reply 4315
Original post by Kits
the functional group is never C=C
you need to say the alkene is the functional group in that case

at least thats what my teacher always says

Yeah, I wrote alkene then put C=C bond in brackets.
I made silly mistakes a few I knew and I should have gone with my gut instead of over thinking. f325 ,f324,f215,f214 roll on, anyone else lol?
Reply 4317
Original post by scorpio22
I made silly mistakes a few I knew and I should have gone with my gut instead of over thinking. f325 ,f324,f215,f214 roll on, anyone else lol?

f324 f325=]

are u doing biology as well?
Original post by canabel
f324 f325=]

are u doing biology as well?

yeah, I had 2 exams today. giving myself a break today and starting again.. I revised over half term an before but I need to go over and somehow manage to get an a within a week exactly.
Original post by Blashnet
yeah it was, the question before was "define steroisomerism"!

Do you think i'd get the mark for explaining what I did?

i'm not sure, in my opinion no but (obviously) I am not an exam paper marker :biggrin: even if you didn't get it atleast it was only a one mark question and not a big one :smile:

Latest