The Student Room Group

OCR Physics Unit 2 - G482 - (June Exams Preparation)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by Georgehigginson
think i did cos, it started at max amplitude didn't it

Sorry pal it was a cosine graph.
Reply 641
Original post by Georgehigginson
think i did cos, it started at max amplitude didn't it

I also did cos as the X point was already on maximum. Btw was the displacement line already labelled with the figures? I only wrote figures for the time line..
Reply 642
how many marks would i get if everything else was ok but my graph was a sine? :frown: i didnt read it properly
Reply 643
Original post by JamesJJT
There were 2 questions that really threw me: The Electric Meter for the LDR and using the Double slit instead of two identical light sources. Took me a while to think those through.

For the wave question with WXYZ I put W at max speed, X at rest and W and X for the phase difference of 90 degrees.

Could someone enlighten me as to what happens to the speed of W oscillating when the frequency is doubled?

Was W the point on the x axis? and W was the point at the top of the wave?
Reply 644
Original post by seajamiet
What did you guys get for efficiency, i got 80%

I got 75% :frown:
Unofficial mark scheme? Easier paper than january but still some weird questions, A = 70ish i'm guessing :smile:
Reply 646
Original post by Titus20
Was W the point on the x axis? and W was the point at the top of the wave?

W was at displacement 0, X was max amplitude.
Original post by georgehigginson
stop neg rating me, i was only joking :angry:

this is a place for academia and education you scandalous fool.
Reply 648
W was at displacement 0, X was max amplitude.

So W had max speed and X was instantaneously at rest.
Reply 649
Original post by Munrot07
Unofficial mark scheme? Easier paper than january but still some weird questions, A = 70ish i'm guessing :smile:

More accurate than the nonsense most other people are suggesting
Reply 650
Original post by Titus20
So W had max speed and X was instantaneously at rest.

Thank you, that settles me on that issue. :smile:
Reply 651
Thank you, that settles me on that issue. :smile:
what was at 90 degrees to each other then?
Original post by Hannahm1995
I got 85% defiantly wrong :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 80 maybe there's a range of answers?
Reply 653
I thought this was a lot harder than Jan 2013 and that was 67 for an A.
Obviously I'm not sure, but I do think it'll be around 63-65 for an A, which it has been before. :redface:
What did everyone get for the total cost of the KWh question? I've heard conflicting opinions between about 500 and 700 pence, can someone explain it properly?
Reply 655
Original post by Law-Hopeful
I used that first but then changed my answer :frown: Bit confusing of them to give two different EMFs! Hopefully won't lose more than 1 mark for that :/ Thanks :smile:

Oh right, hopefully you'll still get some marks :smile:

what did people get for the kwh question and how much it cost?
Reply 656
for the efficiency you had to use the 30v emf as it was the emf used in charging the battery so efficiency would have been (120x30)-720/ (120x30) all of that x 100 as it is a percentage ?
Original post by Legal drugdealer
I got 80 maybe there's a range of answers?

Maybe! Should get method marks, does anyone know what I would have got for the graph as I had it as a sine graph? Out of 4? Thanks everyone! (Love the student room aha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 658
Original post by Hamster96
What did everyone get for the total cost of the KWh question? I've heard conflicting opinions between about 500 and 700 pence, can someone explain it properly?

I did 3600 divided by 1000. Then multiplied by 7 then multiplied by 26p I think? Got quite a high number so was sure it was wrong :redface:
Reply 659
Original post by Hannahm1995
Maybe! Should get method marks, does anyone know what I would have got for the graph as I had it as a sine graph? Out of 4? Thanks everyone! (Love the student room aha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
same i put it as sine but got the period and everything else right :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending