The Student Room Group

OCR Physics Unit 2 - G482 - (June Exams Preparation)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by sophiekutie
Yay!! :biggrin: in that case...
How much did you get as the cost of the battery? I think I got like £6.something?!

The correct answer seems to be 600 something pence, though a few people got around 500p too.
Reply 801
Original post by 1/cosc
Because R moved 0.75cm from one transmitter and 0.75cm towards the other so the overall difference was 1.5 cm, spent ages on that one!

omg yes you're right!! :frown:
Aren't we supposed to wait until TOMORROW before talking about this exam!?!? :redface:

No it's okay because OCR is only taken in the UK anyway :smile:
Reply 803
Yay!! :biggrin: in that case...
How much did you get as the cost of the battery? I think I got like £6.something?!

i put 655p lool very dodgy number
i may probably be wrong
Original post by Gotzz
The correct answer seems to be 600 something pence, though a few people got around 500p too.

Cool! :smile: it just seemed a little big to me!
Also, how did you draw the diagram for that question?
I just drew the same as what they drew but with the pos and neg reversed in the circuit?
Reply 805
Original post by 1/cosc
Because R moved 0.75cm from one transmitter and 0.75cm towards the other so the overall difference was 1.5 cm, spent ages on that one!

but the distance between the transmitters was 1m
Original post by blackstarz
I worked out the wavelengths and got it to be Uv light first i believe, the greater energy it had the smaller its wavelength so the shortest one was uv and the largest one was infra red

I used exactly the same logic as you, but I got IR first, UV second.

This may be a case of knowing exactly what to do, but simply writing the answers in the wrong order! I guess we'll never know who was right :biggrin: haha
Original post by theslav
but the distance between the transmitters was 1m

That is irrelevant to this question
Original post by stuart_aitken
I used exactly the same logic as you, but I got IR first, UV second.

This may be a case of knowing exactly what to do, but simply writing the answers in the wrong order! I guess we'll never know who was right :biggrin: haha

haha i dont actually remember what order i put them in i probably mixed them up .. :/
Reply 809
I got cost of charging to around 13p. I originally got 655 or something but then thought, would it really cost £6.50 to charge something for 7hours? Sounds unreal. I just hope it's around 13p
what did people get R1 and R2 as in the circuit?
Hi, everyone
What did everyone do for the graph question. I drew a cosine graph, is this correct ??
Original post by Physicist26
Hi, everyone
What did everyone do for the graph question. I drew a cosine graph, is this correct ??

yuhp
Am I the only person that actually LIKED this exam? :confused: that makes me think I missed some really obvious stuff!
Original post by Georgehigginson
yuhp

Thank god that will put me at rest :smile:
Original post by fernmaddison

1500 and 3000
Reply 816
Original post by celina10
I feel so annoyed with myself, the paper wasn't even that hard but I ruined my chances by missing out almost 2 pages! I work so slowly sometimes, I feel like crying right now, I just need a C to get a B overall... hopefully we only need like half the marks for a C.

Oh my GOD finally someone in the EXACT same position as me!! my examiner was a complete and total nightmare!! He was SOOO irritating ! and i had few more words (literally) and he just GRAB my hand and TOOK the pen straight off me! (i mean... i get it, times up, but I needed to write a few more key words down, he could have been a little bit more flexible), despite the fact that I've (we ALL have) tolerating him for eating, farting and xxxx!

That paper was suppose to be relatively easy, yet I blo*dy screwed it up!!! and now with them getting rid of january exam/resits, I can't do physics next year!! sigh****

:angry:
1500 and 3000

Thats what i got
Original post by JianYang
I got cost of charging to around 13p. I originally got 655 or something but then thought, would it really cost £6.50 to charge something for 7hours? Sounds unreal. I just hope it's around 13p

I also thought this... But then is it a big battery for quite a long time so I thought what the hey, I may as well go for it?
Original post by fernmaddison

Can't remember exactly but I think I got 1000Ω and 1500Ω ? What did you get?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending