Econ4 AQA 11th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by charlie7wright
Have you been taught WEESTEPS?

no! teach me please :smile:
Original post by LS95
no! teach me please :smile:

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/economics/comments/exam-technique-for-a2-economics-weesteps-to-evaluation

It's pretty straightforward so you should get it after going through that presentation :smile:
Original post by LS95
anyone have any generic evaluation points?

Evaluation is kind of just breaking down your chain of reasoning, here are some pts even though you're too lazy to look at WEESTEPS even though it's been suggested.
SR vs LR
Unintended consequences,
Gov Failure, Market failure,
(mentioning a Trade off between real growth and inflation is good)
Is world action required?
OP cost
Scale of Impact - who does it affect and who does it effect the most?
Elasticity of demand (ie the increase in exports from a decrease in price leads to an increase in international price competitiveness which may lead to an increase in output of this good BUT the scale of impact depends on the elasticity of demand - elastic more responsive to change in price etc...)
Will it correct the problem? - SR vs LR
This better be somewhat better than that ECON3 paper or I swear to god I am going on a rampage to AQA and massacre them all! :mad:
Original post by RikersIsland
This better be somewhat better than that ECON3 paper or I swear to god I am going on a rampage to AQA and massacre them all! :mad:

hope so did many people find econ3 hard?
Reply 25
Original post by ineedtorevise127
How would you answer this question
Using the data and your economic knowledge, to what extent do you agree with the view
that the UK economy would benefit if the euro were to be adopted by the UK at some
point in the future? (25 marks)

Really hate EU questions!

This may be of help
Original post by Kieran?
This may be of help

Thanks nicely explained as well!
Reply 27
Original post by ineedtorevise127
Thanks nicely explained as well!

Yeah my teacher has written up notes like that for most of the course, they're a life saver when it comes to revision
Original post by Kieran?
Yeah my teacher has written up notes like that for most of the course, they're a life saver when it comes to revision

Please can you upload the Philips curve and Exchange rate notes?
thanks a lot, :smile: will be very happy if you do :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by RikersIsland

Mmmmmmmmmonster KILLLLLL:colone: So how was the Econ3?Data response was terrible
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 30
I am looking forward to this coming Tuesday hopefully there is question to write about inflation:smile:
Reply 31
I'm hoping for one of those generic questions on the EU about the potential economic consequences to the UK if certain countries joined/ left the EU. The other section A question can be on unemployment or something like that. The section B questions can be on inflation, supply side policies and exchange rates. It'd be the best paper ever if it questioned these topics and not crap like globalisation (which I still don't know how to define after asking my teacher like 10 times) and the balance of payments..
Reply 32
Original post by BobTheBuilder94
Please can you upload the Philips curve and Exchange rate notes?
thanks a lot, :smile: will be very happy if you do :smile:

For the Phillips curve she basically said that the best explanation is here: http://www.economicsonline.co.uk/Global_economics/Phillips_curve.html under the heading 'The new-Classical explanation'

For exchange rates did you want the basics of it or the floating/fixed exchange rate stuff?
Reply 33
Can someone please post a model answer to "to what extend do you agree with the view that the UK economy would benefit if the euro were to be adopted by the UK at some point in the future?" It's not a hard question but I wouldn't know what to talk about other than an increase in price stability. Please help
Reply 34
Original post by LS95
anyone have any generic evaluation points?

Your could include to what extent the multiplier or accelerator effect will occur (I use these two concepts in every essay as you can use them whenever there is an increase in AD). For example, if UK consumer have a high income elasticity to import, when their disposable incomes go up, instead of buying UK goods and creating more jobs through the multiplier effect, they will import, resulting in a withdrawal from the circular flow of income.
With the accelerator effect, you could argue that even if there is a rise in AD and it looks like it will be sustained, firm may still not invest in capital if their confidence is low.

Hope this helps, you can use these two examples in pretty much every essay so they are worth learning!
Reply 35
Original post by ftw7
Your could include to what extent the multiplier or accelerator effect will occur (I use these two concepts in every essay as you can use them whenever there is an increase in AD). For example, if UK consumer have a high income elasticity to import, when their disposable incomes go up, instead of buying UK goods and creating more jobs through the multiplier effect, they will import, resulting in a withdrawal from the circular flow of income.
With the accelerator effect, you could argue that even if there is a rise in AD and it looks like it will be sustained, firm may still not invest in capital if their confidence is low.

Hope this helps, you can use these two examples in pretty much every essay so they are worth learning!

Same here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
What are some good general points to talk about for a balance of payments question? such as the data responce tend to be
Reply 37
Original post by Lay-Z
I need 93 for an A*, really doubt i'll get that considering I got an E in unit 2 lol. Anyone have the jan 13 paper please?

You have to have got an A overall as AS to get an A* at A-level don't you?
Reply 38
Original post by ftw7
You have to have got an A overall as AS to get an A* at A-level don't you?

No you need A overall so you could get 60,60,100,100 and get A* for units 1 2 3 4 respectively

Posted from TSR Mobile
has anyone got like a document or is there a website which covers all the topics in one big thing?
like revision notes under each topic which can come up; exchange rates, international trade, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending