The Student Room Group

OCR Physics Unit 2 - G482 - (June Exams Preparation)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
[QUOTE="M;42986923" Charlie="Charlie"]
Original post by Hannahm1995
Oh bum bum bum poo aha! I got 1500 and 4500 :'(

I Think I got that too

I got that too!
Original post by Gotzz
One with the W,X,Z etc points on a wave

Yeah, the first point went up and the second one went down...
This is because the wave was moving to the right and they would have you followed the wave's pattern
Original post by Gotzz
Not too bad. Need 60 marks for a B overall and like 76 for an A. Hoping for a B tbh.

How do you know this?
Original post by samcheema
make that 6 :smile:

damnit, so that was definitely wrong then.. 4 plus you would make 5 :wink:
Reply 864
Original post by sophiekutie
How do you know this?

I calculated it using my unit 1 mark and my practical mark. It's not exact, but gives me some idea :smile:
Terrible paper, i think for me it was the worst out of all the past papers. It's a shame because i wanted to carry on with physics next year, got A's in coursework and mechanics then in this one i think i got 50% so that means i pretty much won't be able to continue with physics next year ( C overall in AS doesn't seem like enough :frown: )
Reply 866
Yeah, the first point went up and the second one went down...
This is because the wave was moving to the right and they would have you followed the wave's pattern

I can't remember how it looked now so I don't know if that's what I did
Original post by Georgehigginson
damnit, so that was definitely wrong then.. 4 plus you would make 5 :wink:

Not necessarily... One of my maths exams EVERYONE said this shape was a kite.... It was a cyclic quad :wink:
Original post by Gotzz
Not too bad. Need 60 marks for a B overall and like 76 for an A. Hoping for a B tbh.

Sounds like you've done well, was it better than the paper I sat? :redface:
Original post by Gotzz
I calculated it using my unit 1 mark and my practical mark. It's not exact, but gives me some idea :smile:

Ohh are you talking ums? :lol: I thought you'd found some imaginary grade boundaries :tongue:
Reply 870
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Sounds like you've done well, was it better than the paper I sat? :redface:

To be honest, I only completed like 4 past papers. I was really focusing on my other subjects. I went through the January one with my teacher and the mark scheme so I can't really compare.
Original post by Room4student
Terrible paper, i think for me it was the worst out of all the past papers. It's a shame because i wanted to carry on with physics next year, got A's in coursework and mechanics then in this one i think i got 50% so that means i pretty much won't be able to continue with physics next year ( C overall in AS doesn't seem like enough :frown: )

You don't even know what you've got for this exam though! I think you should just continue it, getting an A in mechanics shows you're pretty damn good at Physics
Reply 872
Ohh are you talking ums? :lol: I thought you'd found some imaginary grade boundaries :tongue:

I'm talking about raw marks, I'd need like 60 raw marks in this paper to get a B in AS Physics.
Original post by Dubai Nan Bread
Ok for the question on the amplitude recieved at R when its moved 0.75cm to a transmiiter did anyone put something like this:

So if it moved 0.75cm towards one then one wave must travel 1.5cm further than the other. This is half a wavelength so the phase difference is 180* which will result in destructive interference so minimum displacement (node)

The wavelength was 3 and 0.75 is 1/4 of that.The guy moved the receiver 1/4 of a wavelength to the right. It means it has moved to a node, since nodes and antinodes are have a path difference of a quarter wavelength
Original post by Gotzz
I'm talking about raw marks, I'd need like 60 raw marks in this paper to get a B in AS Physics.

Oooooooh! I see :smile:. I with my teachers would tell us our practical marks so I could do things like this!
Reply 875
Oooooooh! I see :smile:. I with my teachers would tell us our practical marks so I could do things like this!

Omg, why don't they? :s-smilie:
Original post by Kamal_Voltaic
You don't even know what you've got for this exam though! I think you should just continue it, getting an A in mechanics shows you're pretty damn good at Physics

Hopefully! although i left out about 11 marks and took A LOT of guesses which i knew didn't make sense, i just couldn't follow a lot of those questions.
Original post by Gotzz
To be honest, I only completed like 4 past papers. I was really focusing on my other subjects. I went through the January one with my teacher and the mark scheme so I can't really compare.

Fair enough, I saw you had Bio 2, Chem 2, and Physics 2 all within the space of a few days! How did you manage? :redface:
Not necessarily... One of my maths exams EVERYONE said this shape was a kite.... It was a cyclic quad :wink:

No. It was definitely 1000 and 1500

there was 0.02 amps of current going towards the 750 ohm resistor, so that works out to be 15v. In parallel, voltage is equal so R2 will have 15v in it too. From the diagram you knew 0.01 amps of current went to R2, 15/0.01=1500 resistance in R2 is 1500 ohms

to work out resistance in parallel:
1/750 + 1/1500 = 1/R, solve to find R and you get the combined resistance of the two in parallel= 500. Now lets call total resistance in the circuit 500+x, where x is R1,

current was 0.03 and total voltage was 45, so 45/0.03=total resistance=1500
1500=x+500, x is 1000 ohms, and x is R1
hope that's enough evidence for you guys.
Reply 879
Original post by Room4student

I would be over the MOON with a C :biggrin: I got an A in my coursework and a U in the January exam, even though I did every single past paper to death and did so much revision for it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest