The Student Room Group

Why are black girls on dating sites obsessed with white men?

I'm white myself and even though I'm in favour of inter-racial relationships, when I'm viewing girls on okCupid/POF, a lot of the black girls demand, not prefer, demand that they want to be contacted by white guys only.

It's a considerable amount of black girls saying they want white guys and I've noticed this since last winter.
No offence but these girls are wasting their time limiting themselves to one race. Plus what I've seen on TSR and from my mates, white guys don't really go for black girls.

Sorry to bring this "black girl" malarkey but I had to create a thread on this. I was going to do it yesterday but I thought no, leave it. Yet today, I've seen more so had to discuss it.
Nothing wrong with black/asain guys jeez :confused:

Healthy clean discussion!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hardly limiting themselves much when over 90% of the UK's population is white.
Reply 2
Original post by ArtGoblin

Well I'm in London and it's very multi-ethnic.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Plus what I've seen on TSR and from my mates, white guys don't really go for black girls.

I disagree I find alot of black women very attractive, and I'm a white guy, I duno if its cos im so pale or what but I like a bit of tone to a womans skin.
Personal preference, innit.

The thing that bugs/interests me, is how certain people can say certain things and get away with it, whereas others can't.

Imagine a guy with a profile who specifically said, 'Asian girls only', or something like that. He'd immediately come across as a loser with a distinct sexual interest in Asian girls. Or, even worse, what if a white guy said he only wanted a white girl! Suddenly the racist cards are being drawn!
Reply 5
Original post by stuart_aitken
Personal preference, innit.

The thing that bugs/interests me, is how certain people can say certain things and get away with it, whereas others can't.

Imagine a guy with a profile who specifically said, 'Asian girls only', or something like that. He'd immediately come across as a loser with a distinct sexual interest in Asian girls. Or, even worse, what if a white guy said he only wanted a white girl! Suddenly the racist cards are being drawn!

I have to agree, partially, I noticed this kinda thing alot, not only in this context either!

also I'm not racist or anything but there is nothing someone could say that would offend me for being white, I dont agree with racism but why do people get so offended.

every person has flaws regardless of their race, religion or whatever else lol.
Reply 6
Wait. You're moaning about how black women state a preference for white men but don't complain that "white guys don't really go for black girls"?
Reply 7
LOL chill my friend they're not at all...never go off stuff you read online etc, once you have established a mental paradigm the littlest thing will affirm it. I've kinda been there in the past but it was some nonsense & I got over it real quick. As with practically all mentally healthy girls, they're generally pretty open to whatever. Racial preferences in dating are downright primitive, it should be a totally free market and race should be no barrier. Competition spurs us all on to be better men.
Reply 8
I'm guessing a lot of them are specifically on the dating sites because they predominantly know black men and, for whatever reason, want to try dating white guys. Maybe "grass is greener" type thinking? Like a lot of guys on here seem to think they'd be much more successful if they were in another country- looking to blame someone else in my opinion.

I think plenty of white people have racial preferences, they just wouldn't state them. Really, it's better to be honest, as you won't waste anyone's time.
Reply 9
Same for spanish and indian girls. Most girls seem to prefer white men and most men seem to prefer white girls.
Reply 10
Original post by scapepower
Same for spanish and indian girls. Most girls seem to prefer white men and most men seem to prefer white girls.

I respectfully disagree dude. Can you say this statement is absolutely true? How would it make you feel if it was? A bit concerned for the cognitive capacity of our species, perhaps? There is no innate, genetic, hard-wired response to certain ethnicities or skin colour. Attraction does not work like that. Men and women are all and always subject to the rules of evolutionary biology. If you're the best man you can be, then you are going to appear attractive. End of really. I am British-Indian but attracted to all different types of girls equally. Asian, white, black, whatever. I have my heart strings flustered most days just walking around, as do most well-rounded, emotionally developed people with enough life experience behind them to know race doesn't mean a damn thing. It' no barrier & I have no idea who I will end up with - it's part of the fun. The way you think is so grey and binary it will drain the color from your social experience.

And with that I think I will announce my retirement from this site.

PEACE
Reply 11
Original post by ravvv
I respectfully disagree dude. Can you say this statement is absolutely true? How would it make you feel if it was? A bit concerned for the cognitive capacity of our species, perhaps? There is no innate, genetic, hard-wired response to certain ethnicities or skin colour. Attraction does not work like that. Men and women are all and always subject to the rules of evolutionary biology. If you're the best man you can be, then you are going to appear attractive. End of really. I am British-Indian but attracted to all different types of girls equally. Asian, white, black, whatever. I have my heart strings flustered most days just walking around, as do most well-rounded, emotionally developed people with enough life experience behind them to know race doesn't mean a damn thing. It' no barrier & I have no idea who I will end up with - it's part of the fun. The way you think is so grey and binary it will drain the color from your social experience.

PEACE

I pray what you say is true, and i am on your side. I just state what i see in the majority of cases...
Beyonce. Halle Berry. Rihanna. Christina Milian. Regardless of his colour, which guy will say no?!

Other than celebrities and for us common folk, there are plenty of good looking black women with really nice personalities - as a guy, that's all I look for. Race shouldn't be a barrier. People are free to like who they want! Don't stress over it mate!
Reply 13
Original post by superduper9
Beyonce. Halle Berry. Rihanna. Christina Milian. Regardless of his colour, which guy will say no?!

Other than celebrities and for us common folk, there are plenty of good looking black women with really nice personalities - as a guy, that's all I look for. Race shouldn't be a barrier. People are free to like who they want! Don't stress over it mate!

Mixed race the lot of them.
Erm... Why should it matter? They should be free to insist on white men if they want to. If they suffer as a result, that's just their loss. Also, I should add that I'm a white guy and have definitely found black girls attractive before. :biggrin:
Original post by ravvv

PEACE

I don't think people tend to rule out races so much as they are just more attracted to some looks that are typical to some races. I like girls from all races, but I don't think people are necessarily prejudiced.

Though I assume some of these girls associate white guys with fidelity and success. I'm pretty sure none of these girls have hung out with me and my friends.
Original post by superduper9

Your forgetting Nicole Scherzinger...garrrr!!
Ohhh really? What dating sites are these? I wanna get me some brown sugar!

You should'a heard me, just around midnight....
Original post by ArtGoblin

Lol and who told you that? EDL??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PrincePauper
Lol and who told you that? EDL??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, Wikipedia.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending