The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

I need 90 UMS on this paper for an A, how many raw marks is that?
Reply 1941
HAS ANYONE GOT ANY EXEMPLAR 40 MARK ESSAYS FOR PLATE TECTONICS? would be a huge help?! on word or something? thanks
Reply 1942
Predictions for world cities structured?
Reply 1943
Original post by ben10101
Do you think it is useful to have a few facts about a range of case studies, like use Japan for an MEDC showing the capacity to cope, then one like l'aquilla which showed poor infrastructure didn't it ? I am not sure as i have not studied that example though ? Or will just two case studies for each be enough to get high marks in the essay. I am kind of hoping for a plate tectonics theory essay now!

yeh! i have a variety of facts from other case studies aswell :smile: (but its up to you whether you wanna learn more facts and stuff)

l'quilla didn't really have poor infrastructure but in a way it did... it had management strategies such as strict building regulations to ensure that newer buildings were designed and build to with standard earthquakes BUT some of these were poorly built so were severely damaged or destroyed.

yehh i would love a plate tectonic theory essay aswell but the only thing ill struggle with, is how to gain synopotic marks from that kinda of essay
Original post by murtz14
Predictions for world cities structured?

urbanisation!!!! and maybe transport management? or that might be for the essay questions..
There's nothing in the AQA book about lapse rates? (weather)?!?!
Reply 1946
Original post by liabhimani
urbanisation!!!! and maybe transport management? or that might be for the essay questions..

A whole essay on transport management? o. O I'd rather it was on urban regeneration or something..
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1947
jesus christ too much to learn!!!

and I can't believe how many times urban regeneration has come up. defo not learning that :wink:
Reply 1948
Original post by Gary
yeh! i have a variety of facts from other case studies aswell :smile: (but its up to you whether you wanna learn more facts and stuff)

l'quilla didn't really have poor infrastructure but in a way it did... it had management strategies such as strict building regulations to ensure that newer buildings were designed and build to with standard earthquakes BUT some of these were poorly built so were severely damaged or destroyed.

yehh i would love a plate tectonic theory essay aswell but the only thing ill struggle with, is how to gain synopotic marks from that kinda of essay

Yeah that is what I am going to do too i think, how would you get synoptic marks from that essay ? The reason I want it is because you can basically just learn the essay beforehand and it is so easy to structure it in a chronological way as the evidence was collected. I wouldn't mind the significance of human factors in the impact of hazards.
To everyone who keeps asking about UMS...

It really isn't hard to find out yourself...

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums
Original post by Axion
jesus christ too much to learn!!!

and I can't believe how many times urban regeneration has come up. defo not learning that :wink:

I reckon CBD decline will come up - causes, characteristics & effects.
Original post by midnightice

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums

so the paper is out of 90 raw marks?
Reply 1952
Original post by ben10101
Yeah that is what I am going to do too i think, how would you get synoptic marks from that essay ? The reason I want it is because you can basically just learn the essay beforehand and it is so easy to structure it in a chronological way as the evidence was collected. I wouldn't mind the significance of human factors in the impact of hazards.

I have no clue... that's what ill struggle the most with too be honest (synoptic marks from an essay question on the theory of plate tectonics) but this is what was public by the examiners report for the June 12 paper which was on plate tectonic theory :

'Synopticity was a challenge for some examiners were looking for some aspects of complexity regarding the evidence of plate tectonic theory, such as different types of sources, and changes over time. Or, they were looking for other factors that might be
the cause of volcanic/seismic events, such as water bodies, or ‘fracking’, or factors which may influence their distribution, for example geological (fault structures)or distance from origin'

I wouldn't mind managment of impacts :P the only thing i wont like, is the impacts and repsonses between contrasting case studies or like landorms or w/e ...
Original post by wrnicholls
so the paper is out of 90 raw marks?

Yes...

Have you not done any past papers?:s-smilie:
If plates theory were to come up what sort of thing would it be like or relate to? Surely not just like..."how does the theory of plate tectonics help your understanding..."?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by midnightice

This. Every other post on this thread is 'predictions for...' or 'How many UMS...'
Original post by MrProff
A whole essay on transport management? o. O I'd rather it was on urban regeneration or something..

Well they did a whole essay on waste management didn't they?! and urban regen has come up loads!! I dunno :frown: I'm more worried about english TOMORROW now :frown:
Have to say I'm starting to feel just about prepared for this exam, although that's come at the expense of all my other exams. Just need to cram those facts & figures in my head.
Reply 1958
Can anyone give me some practise essay questions for separatism?
Original post by Amclean
Can anyone give me some practise essay questions for separatism?

Discuss the consequences of separatism across two contrasting countries?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending