The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1960
Original post by St. Brynjar
Have to say I'm starting to feel just about prepared for this exam, although that's come at the expense of all my other exams. Just need to cram those facts & figures in my head.

lucky :frown:

do you get earthquakes at continental-continental plate boundaries?
Original post by midnightice
Yes...

Have you not done any past papers?:s-smilie:

Nope i need to know the stuff first!
Original post by Axion

don't you get fold mountains then too?
Original post by Axion

yes. Like Tibet, China, where Indo-Australian and Eurasian plate are coming together. :smile:
Reply 1964
Original post by wrnicholls

nm
Reply 1965
Original post by jadealycia
yes. Like Tibet, China, where Indo-Australian and Eurasian plate are coming together. :smile:

thanks :P. can't be bothered to learn plate tectonic theory, extrusive landforms and seismic waves so will leave them out of my revision
Original post by wrnicholls

yes!! like the Himalayas :biggrin:
Original post by Axion
thanks :P. can't be bothered to learn plate tectonic theory, extrusive landforms and seismic waves so will leave them out of my revision

I think the exam will be on Earthquakes because its been volcanoes for the last two years
Reply 1968
Original post by Gary
I have no clue... that's what ill struggle the most with too be honest (synoptic marks from an essay question on the theory of plate tectonics) but this is what was public by the examiners report for the June 12 paper which was on plate tectonic theory :

'Synopticity was a challenge for some examiners were looking for some aspects of complexity regarding the evidence of plate tectonic theory, such as different types of sources, and changes over time. Or, they were looking for other factors that might be
the cause of volcanic/seismic events, such as water bodies, or ‘fracking’, or factors which may influence their distribution, for example geological (fault structures)or distance from origin'

I wouldn't mind managment of impacts :P the only thing i wont like, is the impacts and repsonses between contrasting case studies or like landorms or w/e ...

Such as water bodies, never heard of that at all. Fracking is the extraction of gases by drilling and injecting fluid into the ground but most don't believe it causes significant seismic activity though. Yeah i assume you do not have examples for each type of plate boundary such as examples of constructive. All i have is earthquakes for destructive boundaries.
Reply 1969
Original post by midnightice
I reckon CBD decline will come up - causes, characteristics & effects.

Is that urban decline? Or is that decline of retailing in CBD?
Reply 1970
Original post by liabhimani
Well they did a whole essay on waste management didn't they?! and urban regen has come up loads!! I dunno :frown: I'm more worried about english TOMORROW now :frown:

yeah, I thought that was a stupid question cos theres not a lot to write about...good luck for your exam, fortunately this is my first exam and the rest are a bit more spaced out!
Reply 1971
Original post by emah123

Both I would imagine, and maybe looking at the responses to urban decline in retail and the inner city in general. perhaps evaluating these responses or something?
Original post by Axion

Just about, I do Geology which goes into way more detail in plate tectonics.
Original post by emah123

More retailing, but it interlinks either way.
Have to say I'm starting to feel just about prepared for this exam, although that's come at the expense of all my other exams. Just need to cram those facts & figures in my head.
I THINK I'm sorta prepared too. Please please AQA be nice to us!!! and I really hope I get chance to actually use as many of the case studies/statistics I've learnt. otherwise it'll have seemed like such a massive waste of time learning so many :P
Just about, I do Geology which goes into way more detail in plate tectonics.

I wish I studied geology at A level. Unfortunately neither my sixth form or college provided that course :/
Does anyone have any predictions on what may come up for: [h="4"]Plate tectonics and associated hazards[/h][h="4"]World cities[/h][h="4"]Development and globalisation[/h]and is anyone tactically revising and only doing 3 topics instead of 4?
Original post by Ellie_May :)
I wish I studied geology at A level. Unfortunately neither my sixth form or college provided that course :/

It's incredibly dull at times, but it certainly came in handy with Geog 3.
For the structured questions, remember that case studies are not vitally important. Of course, if it asks for one in reference then you write about it in detail, but this would be a major case study that you should know reasonably well e.g. Hulme & regeneration. For questions like describing the process of urbanisation you only need to make a brief reference - 1/2 facts.

No need to get too preoccupied with memorising numerous case studies.
Original post by alevel123
Does anyone have any predictions on what may come up for: [h="4"]Plate tectonics and associated hazards[/h][h="4"]World cities[/h][h="4"]Development and globalisation[/h]and is anyone tactically revising and only doing 3 topics instead of 4?

Don't try and predict...

AQA will f*** you over.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending