The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a123a
Grade boundaries? I would say 44-45 for an A* Probably 35 for an A...

Maybe but apparently they're definitely going to be higher than last year as they didnt have as many past papers as we do :/
Original post by a123a
I think you do as it was 4 marks not 3 and in the jan 2012 paper, one of the marks was for mutation, I think...:s-smilie:

No in the jan 2012 there was no variation however we have variation here. Also you get a mark for saying it can successfully breed
Reply 302
Original post by Deepak96
Yeah

Yes!:cool:
Reply 303
Original post by Applequestria
Anyone going to work on creating a mark scheme? I'm trying to create one myself ^.^

hurry up and do it then please
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 304
what did people get for for the factors about hygiene thing the 2nd page one ?????
Reply 305
Original post by Randomer98
Maybe but apparently they're definitely going to be higher than last year as they didnt have as many past papers as we do :/

Hmm your probably right, but I hope it's not like 48 for an A* cause then my chances of getting an A* are low :redface:
Reply 306
Original post by shibucool
No in the jan 2012 there was no variation however we have variation here. Also you get a mark for saying it can successfully breed

Oh ok,
Reply 307
Original post by Hero101
what did people get for for the factors about hygiene thing the 2nd page one ?????

technology and doctors more educated and midwifes
On the bee reflex question i put the impulse meets a gap rather than a synapse and i said messages are sent along the body as impulses.
For metabalosim i put inherited factors and the amount of food consumption.
For the plankton i put more prey and i did the same for the next question after that but said prey increased and decreased due to competition

Would that be ok
Reply 309
You dont know the satisfaction reading all of this, at least I got something correct lol :biggrin:
Reply 310
Original post by shibucool
A = sensory neutron B = receptor? Probably got it wrong

No one was cytoplasm and one was cell membrane
Is your UMS the same as your percentage?
Original post by Randomer98

No, they'll be about the same if i'm honest. There were a fair few application questions that the Year 10s and some of resitters would've slipped up on. I mean the Jan 2013 paper was pretty easy and that was 42 for an A* and this was about the same if not a tad harder. But, I agree there were more papers. All that into consideration:

100 UMS 52
A* 43
A 35
B 25
C 18
D 9
Reply 313
Original post by Miladrises
On the bee reflex question i put the impulse meets a gap rather than a synapse and i said messages are sent along the body as impulses.
For metabalosim i put inherited factors and the amount of food consumption.
For the plankton i put more prey and i did the same for the next question after that but said prey increased and decreased due to competition

Would that be ok

I put diet and inherited disorders for the metabolism rate one too!
What did people get for the age thing?? Is it 77 or 70 or what???
Original post by Oceann
No one was cytoplasm and one was cell membrane

I think we already established that
what did u put for the carbon cycle 6marker??
Reply 317
Can anyone remember January 2013 Grade boundaries??? Hope this one is about 34 for an A!
Original post by Oceann

What about the plankton and reflex
Original post by Oceann

I don't think diet would affect it directly, but it might get a mark.

You could put inherited disorders, muscle, size of the person, gender. They may have diet as accept, because it doesn't really directly affect it - it could mean more fatty tissue, which would mean less energy needed so lower metabolic rate. So you'll probably get the mark anyway

Latest

Trending

Trending