The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

University of Westminster- Freshers 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexc88
Hi all, I will be studying English Literature at Regents street and will be living in Wembley

Yay, someone else doing English literature :smile: hey!
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 201
Hi Rachel, I am after some advice please.
can I please have your e-mail address? Or here is my number 07715361637
thanking you in advance.
Kind Regards,
Meriem
Reply 202
Original post by RacheyTV

If you have any questions about.....

Accomodation?

Local Area?

London travel costs/oysters?

Student Life?

Freshers?

Ask away!

Helloo!
I've been wondering, does much go on during freshers? I know most uni's usually have some kind of fair and events on etc, but seeing as Westminster is not campus based does anything go on?
Original post by Luke070
I should hope so! Would be good to have something organised for freshers week.

Yah I mean every uni has freshers week... We should get something too! Depending on which campus :smile: and at our accommodation... If not we shall just go and explore London night clubs, sounds like an Adventure!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarah_twc
Yah I mean every uni has freshers week... We should get something too! Depending on which campus :smile: and at our accommodation... If not we shall just go and explore London night clubs, sounds like an Adventure!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think there's a lot of flat parties during the first few weeks of uni, which is good for everyone to get to know each other. Westminster is quite a large university collectively so I'm sure they'll have some Freshers events of their own. There is a lot of Freshers events for all unis though, like **** Me It's Freshers at The Coronet, which is supposed to be amazing! But yeah there's hundreds of clubs in London so we'll be spoilt for choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh I have a question and is that, the accommodation wants the first installment on the 6th September but we get our student loans after that date. What do you do?
Original post by VivekChudasama14
Yh I have a question and is that, the accommodation wants the first installment on the 6th September but we get our student loans after that date. What do you do?

Everyone is in the same position lets leave that till later xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 207
Original post by chipchad
Hey! I'm Chad and I'll be studying Architecture at the Marylebone campus. I'm living in Student Court in room 523C. Hit me up if you're anywhere close or studying a similar course :smile:

Twitter - @ChadEngland :smile:

I'm doing architecture too, and I'm in flat 508A!
Original post by joedperkins
I think there's a lot of flat parties during the first few weeks of uni, which is good for everyone to get to know each other. Westminster is quite a large university collectively so I'm sure they'll have some Freshers events of their own. There is a lot of Freshers events for all unis though, like **** Me It's Freshers at The Coronet, which is supposed to be amazing! But yeah there's hundreds of clubs in London so we'll be spoilt for choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

We'll make our own flat parties I we have to haha! Yeah freshers week is gonna be the best time of our lives!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 209
We'll make our own flat parties I we have to haha! Yeah freshers week is gonna be the best time of our lives!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Theres always the common room thing at Wembley?

Im pretty sure when i went on the open day they said that its sort of free to use as we wish :smile:
Hell theres a big central square aswell, im sure we could all organize a Wembley based event. Will be brilliant to meet people from all over the accommodation and not just people from your block :smile:
Hi

I'm El and I've accepted an insurance offer for History at Regents campus :smile:
Original post by Kt121
Theres always the common room thing at Wembley?

Im pretty sure when i went on the open day they said that its sort of free to use as we wish :smile:
Hell theres a big central square aswell, im sure we could all organize a Wembley based event. Will be brilliant to meet people from all over the accommodation and not just people from your block :smile:

Totally agree! And wow sounds cool! I didn't ask about freshers on open day wish I did! I I didn't have time to check our wembley halls but looking online it seems amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 212
Totally agree! And wow sounds cool! I didn't ask about freshers on open day wish I did! I I didn't have time to check our wembley halls but looking online it seems amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I went down for a 'viewing'.....was good but had the adverse effect of getting me to look forward to Uni a little too much haha I went for an open day and applicant day, good excuse to get into London for the day :biggrin: They are decent though, nice size room. Can't really tell on the online pics.

And they said that apart from the Hilton hotel (directly opposite westcore) there were no noise complaints and no one else who was close enough. Even then it was only a few noise complaints for the whole year apparently. Point being we could hold a pretty decent event in the centre court or common room without any noise complaints :smile:
Original post by Kt121
Oh I went down for a 'viewing'.....was good but had the adverse effect of getting me to look forward to Uni a little too much haha I went for an open day and applicant day, good excuse to get into London for the day :biggrin: They are decent though, nice size room. Can't really tell on the online pics.

And they said that apart from the Hilton hotel (directly opposite westcore) there were no noise complaints and no one else who was close enough. Even then it was only a few noise complaints for the whole year apparently. Point being we could hold a pretty decent event in the centre court or common room without any noise complaints :smile:

That's like amazing. Because we can party all night long! Ah okay, I see!
We will be good students with no complaints at all! Not long left!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 214
Well im in south and opposite some new huge shopping centre :smile: So i have no worried about noise complaints :biggrin:
Yeah will be pretty good. Looking forward to it as long as i pass my exams :s-smilie:
Original post by Kt121
Well im in south and opposite some new huge shopping centre :smile: So i have no worried about noise complaints :biggrin:
Yeah will be pretty good. Looking forward to it as long as i pass my exams :s-smilie:

Ah same here! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 216
Ah same here! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 217
Original post by ShanaThomas92
Yay, someone else doing English literature :smile: hey!

Hey, maybe we will be in the same class :smile:

How many others are doing English Lit on here?
Reply 218
Anyone doing Law here?
Original post by alexc88
Hey, maybe we will be in the same class :smile:

How many others are doing English Lit on here?

me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending