The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by Captain Anonymous
Anticipated Grade Boundaries for B1: 41 A*, 34 A, 27 B, 21 C, 15 D

:biggrin: fingers crossed
Reply 601
I'm sure the question about control group was to have a normal diet. Because it wouldn't be a control group if they're eating healthily, considering all the other groups are on a slimming programme which obviously involves a balanced diet. The point of a control group is for comparison and clear results. How can results be compared I they're eating like the rest of the groups? Therefore it's 'normal diet'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AparnaX
Can someone please tell me the question about the biomass pyramid??
Ugh I was half asleep in that exam after doing additional maths.
I'm so annoyed because I didn't find the paper hard but I just couldn't be bothered on the day after so many months of hard work :frown:
I swear I didn't even read some of the questions.

you had to read the question carefuly i told you that the animal feeded onthe plant then the animal then the secondary consumer it was the 1st pyramid
Reply 603
Original post by Pembo101
Nobody seems to have mentioned this, so I shall do so now.

With the very first question, it asked to describe the effects of having only nurses in Ward B after 1840 on death rate of women after childbirth. I put:

--SNIP--

Think that's it; please give me your thoughts and feedback.

I reckon the boundary will be between 40 and 43; similar to last year's. Good luck to everybody with Chemistry on Monday and Physics on Thursday!

Pembo xx

On a quick skim through, I think that is all correct! :biggrin:
Reply 605
Original post by ahsan_ijaz
how many marks do you think you guys got for the 6markers? i fink i got 6 i learnt that in side out

At least 4/5
Original post by Deux
On a quick skim through, I think that is all correct! :biggrin:

indeed it it you got have wrote that tissue culture is cheaper and is easier to carry out
Reply 607
THE BIOMASS QUESTION WAS THE THIRD OPTION
THE AGE QUESTION WAS 77
TO GET GOOD MARKS IN THE 6 MARKER YOU NEEDED TO HIT KEY WORDS LIKE PHOTOSYNTHESIS, DECAY, RESPIRATION ECT..
THE PLANT HORMONE QUESTION WAS AUXIN
THE NEURONE QUESTION WAS CYTOPLASM AND CELL MEMBRANE

Trust me I'm in Y11 this is my 5th biology exam.
Reply 608
indeed it it you got have wrote that tissue culture is cheaper and is easier to carry out

Tissue culture is more expensive than cuttings, as it is carried out in a lab and involves growth hormones and a growth medium. It is also harder to carry out than cuttings.
Reply 609

Also, tissue culture is a procedure that can be undertaken all year round, while plant cuttings can only be grown seasonally.
Original post by Deux
Wow, really? Where'd you get that? :smile:

like I've stated it's anticipated :wink:, i'm fairly accurate with grade boundaries though! :cool:
Reply 611
Original post by ThePillow
THE AGE QUESTION WAS 77
TO GET GOOD MARKS IN THE 6 MARKER YOU NEEDED TO HIT KEY WORDS LIKE PHOTOSYNTHESIS, DECAY, RESPIRATION ECT..

Everything else you have written is correct, apart from the first one. The biomass questions was the first; I thought third to start with, but you had to look carefully at the SECOND graph as well as the first. It showed that even though the mass of the animal plankton was more than the plant plankton, there were FAR more plant plankton, population wise, and so the pyramid was a normal, pyramid shape. C:
Reply 612
Original post by Captain Anonymous
like I've stated it's anticipated :wink:, i'm fairly accurate with grade boundaries though! :cool:

Oh, sorry, I thought you found some preliminary stats or something! LOL.

I reckon you're right. :smile:
Original post by Ahsan Rashid
I wrote
- Improved medicines.
- Improved surgical equipment.

Is that right?

yeah its perfect
THE AGE QUESTION WAS 77

yes i did all those keywords but i think everyone agrees with the 1st pyramid on that question
THE AGE QUESTION WAS 77

Pyramids of Biomass are ALWAYS pyramids. Teacher told us.
Original post by Ahsan Rashid
Hmmm...not sure. I wrote: Age and gender,

And for the drug one I wrote: A substance that chemically alters the way the body functions. :smile:

preferably alters the bodys chemistry but yh
fairl i just wnat to pass don't need to get freaked out! i got chem and physics on Thursday and Monday and i got A* in isa so im sorted.
drug 1 : you just need to mention the word chemical substances they never asked what it does
Reply 619
Original post by unoriginalname1
Pyramids of Biomass are ALWAYS pyramids. Teacher told us.

fair enough i guess i lost a mark there. Also what did people write for the reflex question. Did anyone mention that it goes through the spine and not the brain as it would take longer for the information to process ?

Latest

Trending

Trending