The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey 2013 Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
So what accommodation have people applied for then??
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 41
I applied for:

Band D
Band E
Band C
Band B
Band A
Band F

My preference would have been Manor Park since it's closer to the gym but there wasn't an option to select that so just have to hope!
Reply 42
Hi, I've tried to register on the Surrey website so I can apply for accomodation...only I don't know how or where to find my 'university ID number'? I've been on UCAS tracker and used a bunch of codes from my course number to my personal ID. Probably over-complicating it, but yeah I could use some help. Thanks in advance

Registration Page
Original post by MikeGB95
Hi, I've tried to register on the Surrey website so I can apply for accomodation...only I don't know how or where to find my 'university ID number'? I've been on UCAS tracker and used a bunch of codes from my course number to my personal ID. Probably over-complicating it, but yeah I could use some help. Thanks in advance

Registration Page

I got my university ID from an e-mail Surrey sent me saying they received my application, if you can't find that e-mail then just call/e-mail surrey and I'm sure they will give it to you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fward
So what accommodation have people applied for then??

I know I've posted this on another discussing but this is what I put for accommodation

D
C
E
B
A single
A shared
F

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by Fonzee
I applied for:

Band D
Band E
Band C
Band B
Band A
Band F

My preference would have been Manor Park since it's closer to the gym but there wasn't an option to select that so just have to hope!

Did you put both Band A options together? Because you have only listed 6 , whereas I thought you had to put down all 7.
Reply 46
Original post by Fward
Did you put both Band A options together? Because you have only listed 6 , whereas I thought you had to put down all 7.

No I just put them there together in any order couldn't remember which was where because i really don't want Band A :P
1: Band D Ensuite Room
2: Band E Enhanced Ensuite Room
3: Band C Standard Room
4: Band B Basic Room
5: Band A Shared Room
6: Band A Budget Room
7: Band F Studio Flat

Wish I put Band A Budget before Band A Shared though. Not keen on sharing at all!
I can't believe you guys don't get to choose if you want to be on or off campus in your choices. You're very lucky.
Original post by Educate95
1: Band D Ensuite Room
2: Band E Enhanced Ensuite Room
3: Band C Standard Room
4: Band B Basic Room
5: Band A Shared Room
6: Band A Budget Room
7: Band F Studio Flat

Wish I put Band A Budget before Band A Shared though. Not keen on sharing at all!

All the Band A budget rooms are miles away from campus. Trust me you don't want to end up there. I wouldn't worry though, there's no way you won't get one of your first three choices.
Reply 50
When is the deadline for applying? I can't seem to find a date anywhere.
Got an email from Surrey a few weeks ago saying they'd send me a link to the accommodation application system on or around the 3rd June, but I'm yet to hear anything - should I contact them? Or have other people not heard too?
Reply 52
Original post by A. Jensen

I'm not sure exactly, but I think you can still apply in August
Reply 53
Original post by matthooper95
Got an email from Surrey a few weeks ago saying they'd send me a link to the accommodation application system on or around the 3rd June, but I'm yet to hear anything - should I contact them? Or have other people not heard too?

I never even got the email about the 3rd so you're doing better than I am. The applications are open though and you can find them on surrey's website Surrey.ac.uk/accommodation
Reply 54
Original post by A. Jensen

Original post by Fward
I'm not sure exactly, but I think you can still apply in August

I think I read that the date is August 9th. It's definitely that for postgraduate accommodation, and may (but may not) be the same for undergraduate.
Hi guys :smile: does anyone know when you find out what your accommodation is and where you are + stuff? Like I have applied but I'm sure it didn't say it on the email :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by Victoriamoore93
Hi guys :smile: does anyone know when you find out what your accommodation is and where you are + stuff? Like I have applied but I'm sure it didn't say it on the email :smile:

You'll get an email sometime after results day (usually within the week, if I remember correctly) letting you know the details. :smile:

There's no point in the office sorting out everyone's rooms before results day, as so much can change. People not making the grades, people changing universities, clearing etc.
Original post by Dan1909
You'll get an email sometime after results day (usually within the week, if I remember correctly) letting you know the details. :smile:

There's no point in the office sorting out everyone's rooms before results day, as so much can change. People not making the grades, people changing universities, clearing etc.

Aah right! That makes sense- silly me hehe. Thanks :smile:
Hey guys... the nearest accommodation to the Performance department (GSA) is Twyford court. Although I would love to stay in Manor Park.

Is there a big difference in courts? And also, say for example I got a band D room in Manor Park, would it be any different from the band D rooms in Twyford.

Or just in general? Like are the band D rooms in each court the same as the other courts?
C
D
B
E
A (Budget)
A (Shared)
F

I had always planned to go for a band D, but realising that I'll save around £850 by going for band C and having more chance of being on campus, I changed my mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending