The Student Room Group

05/06/13 Ocr Gateway Additional Science B4 C4 P4 Exam Mark Scheme

Hi, so today I just did the B4, C4, P4 exam and I was wondering if anybody has a mark scheme or knows where I could get one from.
They added a new section at the end of the exam called Section D, they've never done that before, have they?
Anyhow, that mark scheme would be lovely!
I just want to know how well (or not so well) I've done.
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Hi, just wanted to know what anyone thought of this exam. I thought the exam was really hard and it was ambiguous of OCR to include silly things into the exam but not all of the specification and facts that we were supposed to learn such as the test for a potassium molecule using a flame... Flame turns lilac. I did not get the section D as it seemed to be what we covered in b3 as well as some sections from b5... What did everyone else think of the exam? I am very worried that I haven't got a B in this exam and it will annoy me because I have got B's in all of my other additional science combined exams and to get a C on this paper would really annoy me.
Reply 2
Original post by ChloBrown98
Hi, just wanted to know what anyone thought of this exam. I thought the exam was really hard and it was ambiguous of OCR to include silly things into the exam but not all of the specification and facts that we were supposed to learn such as the test for a potassium molecule using a flame... Flame turns lilac. I did not get the section D as it seemed to be what we covered in b3 as well as some sections from b5... What did everyone else think of the exam? I am very worried that I haven't got a B in this exam and it will annoy me because I have got B's in all of my other additional science combined exams and to get a C on this paper would really annoy me.

I think you're talking about a different exam. This is a post for the OCR GATEWAY ADDITIONAL SCIENCE (B4, C4, P4) exam which took place today.
I think I did the b4, C4 and p4 exam, did your exam say new speciman at the too of the exam booklets first page? The exam I took had the biology 6 mark question on earthworms, chemistry 6 marks on the periodic table people I can't remember what the physics was on :P i'm just really worried because everything that I studied didn't come up in the exam :-(
Reply 4
I think I did the b4, C4 and p4 exam, did your exam say new speciman at the too of the exam booklets first page? The exam I took had the biology 6 mark question on earthworms, chemistry 6 marks on the periodic table people I can't remember what the physics was on :P i'm just really worried because everything that I studied didn't come up in the exam :-(

this post is for higher tier
That's what exam I took, I took OCR 21st Century additional science B4, C4, P4 at higher tier :/ how did you find the exam? I didn't get the section D bit about the cats heart beat or something :-(
Reply 6
I took this exam, quite hard tbh.
Yes it was!!, it had like hardly anything that i actually learnt for the biology question about the plant cell did you put it was turgid? :smile:
Reply 8
Did anyone else prepare for chemistry 6 mark question...
Reply 9
Yes it was!!, it had like hardly anything that i actually learnt for the biology question about the plant cell did you put it was turgid? :smile:

I wrote down turgid! :biggrin:
Yay i've got at least 1 mark out of 85 :biggrin: i didn't prepare for the chemistry 6 mark question but in the exam i think i wrote something like they found that group 1 elements were in common because they all had 1 electron on their outershell :-)
Reply 11
Original post by Y011Y
I wrote down turgid! :biggrin:

yolly is this you!? kottman x
Reply 12
Yay i've got at least 1 mark out of 85 :biggrin: i didn't prepare for the chemistry 6 mark question but in the exam i think i wrote something like they found that group 1 elements were in common because they all had 1 electron on their outershell :-)

i put that but it's wrong unfortunately
Reply 13
The mark scheme will be around the following:
A* - 54
A - 44
B - 35
C - 22
D - 13

the grade boundaries will be around these figures.
Reply 14
Did everyone find this hard? I revised a lot for this and I found it quite hard to get through sigh :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by Nikhajf
The mark scheme will be around the following:
A* - 54
A - 44
B - 35
C - 22
D - 13

the grade boundaries will be around these figures.

How do you estimate them? :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Motivated
How do you estimate them? :smile:

54 out of what? the paper was 85 marks
Reply 17
Original post by katieo22
54 out of what? the paper was 85 marks

Would that not be really low?
That's what exam I took, I took OCR 21st Century additional science B4, C4, P4 at higher tier :/ how did you find the exam? I didn't get the section D bit about the cats heart beat or something :-(

i found the cat thing really hard to i didnt get most of section d, i found the exam really hard and id revised loads:frown: do you know what the six mark questions was for biology?:frown::smile:
Reply 19
Original post by keeppositive
i found the cat thing really hard to i didnt get most of section d, i found the exam really hard and id revised loads:frown: do you know what the six mark questions was for biology?:frown::smile:

Same here :frown: Was that about the life expectancy of mammals too? How a detritivore provide plants with cell growth or something like that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending