The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
I wrote that a drug is a substance that changes the chemical processes in people's bodies,

It's what the spec says...
Original post by afcsvugaghsy
I put Richard Lammarck on the question where it asked you 'who came up with the theory' or whatever, I know that's not his name, it was like a little spur in the moment decision but would I still get the mark?!

Was it not Charles Darwin!?!

thankyou was question 7 about drugs or did that fit in with the comparison of aspirin and statins
Original post by unfathomableuser
I wrote jean-baptise lamarck
does anyone know what question 7 was about???
Original post by AparnaX
Oh I think I put that :smile: Loads of people were saying three though so I got confused :P Why did people put three?

maybe they got confused with the graph anyway , best of luck with your grades man ive got lots of work to do for chemistry and physics :smile:
Reply 666
FOR THE POLL, REMEMBER THIS

* There were probably a lot of people who got very low marks. I'm being stereotypical, but they're very unlikely to be here on TSR talking about the test. :smile:
* I'm sure there are quite a few people who gained very high marks but, at this early stage, are not willing to "tempt fate" by answering "55-60", for instance.
* You should know this from Biology - the sample size isn't large enough! :biggrin:

I wouldn't sweat it. :wink:
the hardest questions for me was the last page which i didnt finish properly!:mad:
Original post by Deux
FOR THE POLL, REMEMBER THIS

* There were probably a lot of people who got very low marks. I'm being stereotypical, but they're very unlikely to be here on TSR talking about the test. :smile:
* I'm sure there are quite a few people who gained very high marks but, at this early stage, are not willing to "tempt fate" by answering "55-60", for instance.
* You should know this from Biology - the sample size isn't large enough! :biggrin:

I wouldn't sweat it. :wink:

This means the grade boundaries will be low!
Original post by unfathomableuser

No, I put that first but thankfully remembered that Lamarck was the one who said if an animal uses something a lot, eg. Legs; they'll grow longer. It says it in the CGP textbook. Charles Darwin came up with the natural selection thing.
Cam someone explain to me how you need around 70% right out of 60 e.g. 42/60 for an A* but in UMS you need 90%; how can the percentage change, I don't understand. Sorry if this is a stupid question
Can someone please tell me if I would have got a mark for writing 'Richard Lamarck'?
damn it man chemistry is going to be so much harder in my point of view!
question 7 anyone?
its so hard to even revise for chemistry can someone help me out with balancing equation as i still don't manage to understand them?
Reply 675
Original post by shicklydudu
Cam someone explain to me how you need around 70% right out of 60 e.g. 42/60 for an A* but in UMS you need 90%; how can the percentage change, I don't understand. Sorry if this is a stupid question

Here's how it works.

In order to gain an A* in GCSE Biology, you need a UMS score of about 360/400 or above.

However, all of the components that contribute to this score (B1, B2, B3 and ISA) are assigned RAW and UMS scores.

For example, last year a raw score of 42/60 in BL1HP was classified as 90% (A*).

So, to get your final score, they add all your scores together with UMS included and, if the total is above 360, you've secured an A*. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by notsure123
question 7 anyone?

statins and aspirins 5 marker
Reply 677
Original post by afcsvugaghsy
Can someone please tell me if I would have got a mark for writing 'Richard Lamarck'?

Yes. If they accept "Lamarck" only - which I'm sure they do - then they will mark your answer correct and simply ignore the "Richard" part.
Original post by ahsan_ijaz
statins and aspirins 5 marker

oh I thought that was question 5! so does anyone know what question 5 was?
Original post by Deux
Yes. If they accept "Lamarck" only - which I'm sure they do - then they will mark your answer correct and simply ignore the "Richard" part.

Thankyou, I was so worried about that because it would be a stupid mark to lose, just hope whoever marks it has a heart :indiff:

Latest

Trending

Trending