The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lizz-ie
I can't do any of it :frown:

Any of it :eek: ? It is pretty hard...
Original post by Ali_Ludley
Any of it :eek: ? It is pretty hard...

My school aren't teaching FP1 this year so I had to learn it myself, and I can do about half of it, but the easy half! :s-smilie:
Reply 1262
Original post by mariam_619
thank you!! i was so confused i don't know why lol

probably because you were thinking about water, which has the same number of atoms but a different shape.
Reply 1263
Original post by lizz-ie
My school aren't teaching FP1 this year so I had to learn it myself, and I can do about half of it, but the easy half! :s-smilie:

try this:
MEI GCE Maths Specification : ExamSolutions
Reply 1264
Original post by krisshP
I can't understand how some people choose to take OCR Salters chemistry to a2. If loads of people dropped it, it would mean nobody clearly like it, so maybe OCR salters can close down :yay:

probably because then you'd have to spend another year in college doing a AS again or move college to do a different course.
Also I like the OCR salters spec, it's very interesting and quite fun compared to spec A
Original post by TheNote
probably because then you'd have to spend another year in college doing a AS again or move college to do a different course.
Also I like the OCR salters spec, it's very interesting and quite fun compared to spec A

I like the spec too, but the mark schemes are too bloomin' specific which is why I lose so many marks :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1266
Original post by super121
I like the spec too, but the mark schemes are too bloomin' specific which is why I lose so many marks :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah but everyone has to put up with the same marks cheme so the grade boundries reflect it. eg. it's almost always like 70% for f332 rather than 80% for an A
You have to remember keywords for OCR salters.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TheNote
yeah but everyone has to put up with the same marks cheme so the grade boundries reflect it. eg. it's almost always like 70% for f332 rather than 80% for an A
You have to remember keywords for OCR salters.

Good point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1268
but your right the salters B doesn't allow for lucky marks, it rewards people who know their stuff but punishes you if you don't, but e other spec to get an A its often around another 8-10% more
Original post by TheNote
but your right the salters B doesn't allow for lucky marks, it rewards people who know their stuff but punishes you if you don't, but e other spec to get an A its often around another 8-10% more

Yea I know know what you mean. OCR B is more application of knowledge unlike OCR A which is just memorising the chemistry, I find it quite dry to an extent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TheNote

I think my alcohol question is wrong.so is the question linking to.alcohols.the systematic name.is.wrong. The mol. Formula is.wrong. Does anyone know the abswer to.them equilibrium questionss??

Id likr to knoe them.plz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NielsBohrsDad
I think my alcohol question is wrong.so is the question linking to.alcohols.the systematic name.is.wrong. The mol. Formula is.wrong. Does anyone know the abswer to.them equilibrium questionss??

Id likr to knoe them.plz

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure what alcohol questions you're talking about, but for the equilibrium ones it was decrease then increase and rate of reaction was increase.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by super121
I'm not sure what alcohol questions you're talking about, but for the equilibrium ones it was decrease then increase and rate of reaction was increase.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you explain please.
For pressure i wrote the rate of formation of propan 1 ol increases on increasing pressure.

But then after that the question on temperature confused me

To be honest that only made me.doubt my first answer.
I wrote for the 3 marker- that the rate goes in the direction of the exothermic (only because the question said to me the reaction continues in forward direction being favoured more) so that was my explanation and it does this this to release the wnergy it was.given
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizz-ie

Thats nasty, our teacher hates the way the books teaches a lot of topics so he taught us other ways which are so much better. I'm coping with FP1 at the moment, just dont like alpha, beta, gamma roots etc much :frown:
Original post by NielsBohrsDad
Can you explain please.
For pressure i wrote the rate of formation of propan 1 ol increases on increasing pressure.

But then after that the question on temperature confused me

To be honest that only made me.doubt my first answer.
I wrote for the 3 marker- that the rate goes in the direction of the exothermic (only because the question said to me the reaction continues in forward direction being favoured more) so that was my explanation and it does this this to release the wnergy it was.given
Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you're a but confused.
For increasing pressure, the position of equilibrium moves to the side with fewer gaseous molecules. For increasing temperature, the position of equilibrium moves to the endothermic side.
When increasing the temperature, the rate of reaction will increase (it has nothing to do with the reaction being eno/exothermic- the YIELD may decrease, but it wasn't asking about that for the 3 marker) because the particles have more kinetic energy so collide more frequently to overcome the activation energy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats nasty, our teacher hates the way the books teaches a lot of topics so he taught us other ways which are so much better. I'm coping with FP1 at the moment, just dont like alpha, beta, gamma roots etc much :frown:

I just did a paper an did okay in it :smile: The book is okay, I've used examsolutions and mathsnet a lot though! Are you doing Edexcel too? Proof by Induction is horrible :frown:
Reply 1276
Original post by lizz-ie
I just did a paper an did okay in it :smile: The book is okay, I've used examsolutions and mathsnet a lot though! Are you doing Edexcel too? Proof by Induction is horrible :frown:

I did OCR FP1 last year, i wasn't a very good student last year and didn't revise, I failed futher maths (got a C), but i remember hating proof by induction it was the worst.
Original post by lizz-ie

Oh I'm on OCR, I quite like the proofs, they seem pretty constant, just follow the method and you're done. I don't like some of these consistant singular simultaneous equations though :/
Oh I'm on OCR, I quite like the proofs, they seem pretty constant, just follow the method and you're done. I don't like some of these consistant singular simultaneous equations though :/

What are they?!
Original post by TheNote
I did OCR FP1 last year, i wasn't a very good student last year and didn't revise, I failed futher maths (got a C), but i remember hating proof by induction it was the worst.

It's so boring, and there's so much you have to write :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending