The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Original post by taz1996
jan 13 was 42 for A*, june 12 was 39 for A*, i expect this one to be 40 for A*. Very simple test IMO but because of the HUGE number of year 10s i saw mess it up, will make it easier for us to get an A*

Don't jump to conclusions just yet. We'll have to wait and see.
Reply 701
I think I easily got an A* on this test!:wink:(Year 10)
I would like to say people who got Darwin for the question about which scientist it was are complete idiots(no offence).
This is because when I came across it I wrote Darwin at first but when you go on to the second page it gives you a CLEAR HINT BY SAYING CHARLES DARWIN BELIVED IN NATURAL SELECTION AND THE OTHER SCIENTIST WHO BELIEVES IN THE "SWORDFISHTHING".So obviously it's not Darwin,So it has to be Lamarck!

Questions I know the answers too(100%)and whatt I wrote:
Pyramid Of Biomass:3rd one!Medium-Sized bar showing plant plankton-Bigger Bar showing animal Plankton-Smallest Bar showing the Shark
Women age question thing in years:5
Ways she can increase her life-span:1)Exercise Regularly 2)Diet OR eat less fatty foods
Factors other than hygiene that make modern hospitals better than Old ones: 1)High-Tech Equipment 2)Doctors with a better understanding of procedures and treatments 3) (possibly) More medicine have been invented for several diseases.
Metabloic Rate Question:1)Age 2)Gender (checked on the internet to confirm age- was unsure so waheyy!)
Neurons question:When two neurons meet is called a SYNAPSE.
Other Neurons question where are they stored or something like that:Chemicals
Will edit as I remember more!:wink:And I hope you all luck with your results!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ks100
what did people put on the second last question where it asked why the population of the animal plankton increased?

Because there was more food available (cause the plant plankton increased the previous month) so therefore, the animal plankton would survive and reproduce because they had good living conditions.
Reply 703
Original post by Alien X
I think I easily got an A* on this test!:wink:
I would like to say people who got Darwin for the question about which scientist it was are complete idiots(no offence).
This is because when I came across it I wrote Darwin at first but when you go on to the second page it gives you a CLEAR HINT BY SAYING CHARLES DARWIN BELIVED IN NATURAL SELECTION AND THE OTHER SCIENTIST WHO BELIEVES IN THE "SWORDFISHTHING".So obviously it's not Darwin,So it has to be Lamarck!

Questions I know the answers too(100%)and waht I wrote:
Pyramid Of Biomass:3rd one!Medium-Sized bar showing plant plankton-Bigger Bar showing animal Plankton-Smallest Bar showing the Shark
Ways she can increase her life-span:1)Exercise Regularly 2)Diet OR eat less fatty foods
Factors other than hygiene that make modern hospitals better than Old ones: 1)High-Tech Equipment 2)Doctors with a better understanding of procedures and treatments 3) (possibly) More medicine have been invented for several diseases.

1) Be a bit more diplomatic about it. Not everyone's a "special snowflake".

2) Actually, on further research (and I know I checked the wrong one but you learn from your mistakes), in phytoplankton ecosystems, the pyramid of biomass is inverted such that the shark has the largest biomass, the animal plankton have the second largest and the plant plankton have the third largest. This is the only case in which the pyramid is inverted - clearly there to catch you out! :frown: Silly of me to fall victim to it.
Is there any chance of someone making a list of the general topic of questions 1-9???
I can't remember for the life of me and it would really help me, and I know others too!
thanks in advance!
Original post by unfathomableuser
Was it not Charles Darwin!?!

i wrote that too, as the variations took place over many generations, didnt it?

wahhh im confused, i obviously didnt read it proper, good job it was only 1 mark
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 706
Original post by sykokitten
i wrote that too, as the variations took place over many generations, didnt it?

wahhh im confused

No, the diagram showed the swordfish "growing a longer sword" to catch its prey more effectively and then passing it on to the next generation. It screams Lamarck, unfortunately.

Also, Darwin was mentioned in the very next question. I doubt they would have given you the answer to the previous question in the next one! :tongue:
does anyone remember what question 6 was?
Original post by Deux
No, the diagram showed the swordfish "growing a longer sword" to catch its prey more effectively and then passing it on to the next generation. It screams Lamarck, unfortunately.

Also, Darwin was mentioned in the very next question. I doubt they would have given you the answer to the previous question in the next one! :tongue:

ahh well, i thought the bloody buggers trying to trick me!!! it now makes sense, i think i was just rushing through...
(edited 10 years ago)
Here is the answers I remember :smile:

The first was Semmelweis and the table, there was the carbon cycle 6 mark, the bmi ideal weight question, umm... Drugs (what are they etc.) the aspirin/statin question, the lamrick(?) and darwin evolution questions and the bee eye question. Idk what else but that's what I remember!!!

Oh!! I just remembered the last 3 questions with the 2 graphs, and the animals and plant plankton! And the metabolic rate questions!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by notsure123
does anyone remember what question 6 was?

That was the bee question I think.
Did anyone else find themselves short of time?

I am suffering now, until results day. :mad: ...And I have got chem and phys next week.
Original post by Brandano97
Is there any chance of someone making a list of the general topic of questions 1-9???
I can't remember for the life of me and it would really help me, and I know others too!
thanks in advance!

Question 1 - Ignaz Semmelweis Question 2: Diet and Health Question 3: The Carbon Cycle Question 4: Plants and Cloning Question 5: Drugs Question 6: ***(not sure someone fill in)*** Question 7: Reflex Action Question 9: Evolution Question 9: Biomass and Plankton
Some question on how hygiene has been improved now i put , Washing hands and that adverts on tv warn people about the effects of disease F knows they should all eat KFC whopper with beans thats what i put
Reply 714
Original post by Alien X
I think I easily got an A* on this test!:wink:(Year 10)

Questions I know the answers too(100%)and whatt I wrote:
Metabloic Rate Question:1)Age 2)Gender (checked on the internet to confirm age- was unsure so waheyy!)
Neurons question:When two neurons meet is called a SYNAPSE.
Other Neurons question where are they stored or something like that:Chemicals

You seem like a right snob. Firstly the pyramid of biomass question was the 1st one, secondly the woman age one was actually 77 and the in your answer to the hospital question you haven't mentioned anything about vaccines or the sterilisation of equipment, so I doubt you will get all the marks. Next time try not to claim to be 100% sure about things that are wrong. Good Luck with your results
Original post by MC-A
You seem like a right snob. Firstly the pyramid of biomass question was the 1st one, secondly the woman age one was actually 77 and the in your answer to the hospital question you haven't mentioned anything about vaccines or the sterilisation of equipment, so I doubt you will get all the marks. Next time try not to claim to be 100% sure about things that are wrong. Good Luck with your results

Everyone in an exam cocks up on marks, let this guy feel happy when your told by someone over the internet your answers were wrong do you know how it makes them feel?
Wasn't the pyramid a special inverted pyramid one? So 3 was right????
Reply 717
Original post by b3cca
the last box:confused:

Me and a couple of my friends wrote the last one :smile: Hope its right i changed my mind from the first to last TONS!!!
was the biomass question and the plankton question linked as question 9????????????????????????
Original post by notsure123
was the biomass question and the plankton question linked as question 9????????????????????????

Your really starting to irritate me? Why does it matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending