The Student Room Group

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qari
NP :smile: how did you find the paper itself?

It wasn't too bad actually (I think).

Though I spent like 10 minutes trying to figure out what the very first question wanted, even though they gave the answer :colondollar: then I realised with minutes to spare you had to take into account the vertical forces too :L

So glad we had that debate on TIR though :biggrin:

Yourself? :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
Thought it was TIR?

It was TIR yes! But if you drew a wrong (Refraction) and explained why and how you got the refracted ray, you will get the mark. :smile:
Original post by StalkeR47
You will get a mark for the method (second part) yes! :smile: And congratulations on your reputation in this thread! Your discussion on TIR made me start a lecture on it. It has been proven to be very helpful (made people pick 4 marks in the exam cause of you). :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Thanks (: yaay.

Woop woop :L

Haha no, but at least the clarification might have helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was TIR yes! But if you drew a wrong (Refraction) and explained why and how you got the refracted ray, you will get the mark. :smile:

Did you have to specify the angle? And if not, do you reckon we'd be penalised if it was wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2164
Whose got M1 and M2 on monday?
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Did you have to specify the angle? And if not, do you reckon we'd be penalised if it was wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Remember 2 conditions of tir have to be met for tir to occur? And both conditions were met. so, I think it was 1 mark for each condition. Was it 2 marks? I can not remember.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2166
It wasn't too bad actually (I think).

Though I spent like 10 minutes trying to figure out what the very first question wanted, even though they gave the answer :colondollar: then I realised with minutes to spare you had to take into account the vertical forces too :L

So glad we had that debate on TIR though :biggrin:

Yourself? :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

it was ok, but I had to rush questions after the critical angle bit because I only had 5-8 minutes
Good Job you brought it up otherwise Stalker would have. definitely lost a mark. has he thanked you yet?

:smile::smile::smile::biggrin::biggrin:
Remember 2 conditions of tir have to be met for tor to occur? And both conditions were met. so, I think it was 1 mark for each condition. Was it 2 marks? I can not remember.

It was 2 marks, I think yeah.
And I meant for the drawing of the ray question :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2168
Original post by Jones96
Whose got M1 and M2 on monday?

Is it MEI? and I got M1 on Monday :biggrin:
Reply 2169

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that was 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the drawing, it was tir so you do not have to show the angle.
Reply 2171
Original post by Qari
Is it MEI? and I got M1 on Monday :biggrin:
yeah thats the one ive got m2 and then m1 straight after eachother.... how you feeling about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I was rushed for time too :/
Some people in my class were sat there with their arms folded with 20 minutes to go. Which worries me slightly :s-smilie:

Haha, he has :L No reason to thank me, they asked for 2 requirements, I'm sure he would have put two and two together :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
I think that was 1

The requirements were 2, no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Requirements were 2 I am sure. was it?
For the drawing, it was tir so you do not have to show the angle.

But if you did, and it was wrong? :s-smilie:
I did TIR, can't remember whether I got the angle correct or not, damn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2176
Original post by Jones96
yeah thats the one ive got m2 and then m1 straight after eachother.... how you feeling about it?

Worried I need over 90 UMS in it :frown:
Original post by Goods
That assumption is incredibly poorly placed. The majority reason that people can afford to go to private schools is because they have parents who earn enough money to be able to afford it. This consequently means that it is much more likely that the parents are HARD WORKING AND HAVE PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS. Hence they stress the importance of education far more by example (lawyers have children who become lawyers etc..) , it is therefore more likely that there children are HARDWORKING AND INTELLIGENT (particularly seeing as most private schools are academically selective) and so although the teaching and equipment is of a better standard that is not the main reason private school candidates tend to perform better, of course it helps.

I attend a private school, I have a scholarship and i feel quite insulted by the fact you attribute our success as being less valuable when as individual we have to work just as hard to achieve it..

You don't realise how lucky you are, seriously I'm not even kidding the teaching quality is so different it's unbelievable. I have friends in independent schools and the contact time they get with teachers is basically double what we get...

That bit about hard working parents is kinda stupid, my dad earns more than enough to send me to private school and he isn't a lawyer or a doctor...
Of course it is to do with your own hard work as well. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2178

Posted from TSR Mobile

Drawing was 1 mark
But if you did, and it was wrong? :s-smilie:
I did TIR, can't remember whether I got the angle correct or not, damn.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No not at all. If you showed the angle, it does not matter. But it is a bit scary to show a wrong angle to the examiner for TIR :eek:. But, I think you should be penalised for this. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending