Edexcel M2/M3 June 6th/10th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by MathsNerd1
I'm hoping so, at least 95+% :biggrin:

What if it was a hard paper like june 2012 or jan 2010? :tongue:
Original post by ACBLISS
What if it was a hard paper like june 2012 or jan 2010? :tongue:

Well in Jan 2010 I got the equivalent to 96 UMS so that wouldn't be such a bad score really :tongue:
Reply 442
Original post by Anonymous1717
June 2012 question 7, about the lamina - how do you deal with the modulus?

Thanks!

Do you mean Jan 10? Bit far off from June 12.
Reply 443
Well in Jan 2010 I got the equivalent to 96 UMS so that wouldn't be such a bad score really :tongue:

lol damn :wink: how about june 2012?
Original post by ACBLISS
lol damn :wink: how about june 2012?

Only 92 UMS equivalent :redface:
Reply 445
Only 92 UMS equivalent :redface:

Damn lol so how would you do the last question?
7c? I don't get what i'm supposed to do?
Original post by ACBLISS
Damn lol so how would you do the last question?
7c? I don't get what i'm supposed to do?

I couldn't do that part however someone explained it to me afterwards on this thread, they say try and write OB in vector notation and remember that you have a constant speed horizontally so you only need to work out the vertical velocity and then use Pythagoras's theorem. :smile:
Reply 447
Original post by MLogan
Would you be able to tell me which question in specific so I just might try or even see the solutions! Dont want to take a chance knowing edexcel!!

Worked Example and Question.
Reply 448
I couldn't do that part however someone explained it to me afterwards on this thread, they say try and write OB in vector notation and remember that you have a constant speed horizontally so you only need to work out the vertical velocity and then use Pythagoras's theorem. :smile:

Thank you :smile: and lastly question 4b?
Original post by MasterYi
Do you mean Jan 10? Bit far off from June 12.

Oh yeah, sorry, I was looking at June 12 before that...
Original post by ACBLISS
Thank you :smile: and lastly question 4b?

I couldn't do that also, everything else was fine though and I'm heading up now, so best of luck for the morning and hopefully we'll come out of the exam with happy faces as we'll be 1 step closer to Warwick :biggrin:
Reply 451
I'm hoping so, at least 95+% :biggrin:

since you sound like you are very good at m2, could you possibly explain how you would work out the thrust? often if they give an example where a car is towing a trailer, they say work out the thrust in the tow bar and i never know how to do it, like the question in june 2012.
June 2012 question 7, about the lamina - how do you deal with the modulus?

Thanks!

Don't know if anyone answered this but wouldn't it just be because you can't have a negative distance and that's what its representing? :smile:
Reply 453
I couldn't do that also, everything else was fine though and I'm heading up now, so best of luck for the morning and hopefully we'll come out of the exam with happy faces as we'll be 1 step closer to Warwick :biggrin:

Ok good luck to you to!
Original post by Student8
since you sound like you are very good at m2, could you possibly explain how you would work out the thrust? often if they give an example where a car is towing a trailer, they say work out the thrust in the tow bar and i never know how to do it, like the question in june 2012.

I just remember as thrust being a pushing force while tension is a pulling force, so if you know that can you draw a diagram with all the forces going in the correct direction? I'm heading off to bed now so I hope someone else might be able to help you out more if you still don't understand. Best of luck for tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 455
Original post by Student8

Just split it up into one case i.e. just focus on the forces acting on the car. In the june paper you just had to focus on the trailer and look at what forces were acting on it.
Reply 456
I just remember as thrust being a pushing force while tension is a pulling force, so if you know that can you draw a diagram with all the forces going in the correct direction? I'm heading off to bed now so I hope someone else might be able to help you out more if you still don't understand. Best of luck for tomorrow :biggrin:

thank so much - yeah could anyone else explain the thrust type questions?
Original post by ACBLISS
Ok good luck to you to!

Thanks, I'm wanting to ace this one so FP2 has a bit of leeway but I tend to do better in that then M2 so that should be fine, hopefully we'll meet in October for fresher's, if Warwick has one that is :tongue:
Reply 458
Original post by ACBLISS
Just split it up into one case i.e. just focus on the forces acting on the car. In the june paper you just had to focus on the trailer and look at what forces were acting on it.

thank you!
Reply 459
Oh yeah, sorry, I was looking at June 12 before that...

The modulus makes the stuff inside positive so they put it there because theres two possible answers depending on which directions you take.

You might end up with 4(3-2x2), so in the final step of you working you would just replace the brackets with Modulus and switch 4(3-2x2) to 4|2x2-3|.

Because |3-2x^2| == |2x^2-3|
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending