The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I went full retard on the biomass question about when you had to tick the correct shape, I selected the second one : L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 721
Original post by ExamNerd123
Everyone in an exam cocks up on marks, let this guy feel happy when your told by someone over the internet your answers were wrong do you know how it makes them feel?

I was just trying to get a point across that you shouldn't call people Idiots for making mistakes and then get answers wrong that you are certain are '100%' correct, makes you look like an even bigger idiot if you ask me.
Pfft. "ExamNerd" clearly don't live up to it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Captain Anonymous
Your really starting to irritate me? Why does it matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

probably doesn't matter to you but it matters to me!! if your getting irritated don't read it move along there is no need for commenting
Original post by notsure123
probably doesn't matter to you but it matters to me!! if your getting irritated don't read it move along there is no need for commenting

Dude, your just gunna get worried and start to panic with all you other exams. The exam is done now, you can't change anything ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dude, your just gunna get worried and start to panic with all you other exams. The exam is done now, you can't change anything ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankyou for your concern but I won't worry with my other exams I just want to know the questions so I can remember if I did them or not
Does anyone remember what the bee related question was?
Reply 727
Oh gosh I'm freaking out, Bio is the only science I had some remote understanding of and all the wrong topics came up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zintanax
woo haha! I'm getting worried I didn't write about the fact the spinal cord is involved in the reflex action!

If you wrote CNS or unconscious part of brain, you'll get the mark too.

But, if you got all the other points, you're still in with a chance of getting full marks on that question.
Hi! I'm a bit confused on how the marks are made to the grades as we've never been told at school. The system we used for practise tests was that 70% was a B, 80% was a A and 90% was an A*. However after seeing comments on grade boundaries on this thread and doing research because I was confused, I have realised the method we used at school can't be correct? Doesn't help either that I have no understanding of UMS...

I'm aiming for an A* overall in my Biology (I took triple science) and seeing these predicted grade boundaries makes me fairly confident, as in B1 I am confident I got a mark in the 50's. I am right to be confident on an A* when I felt I got the same on B2 and B3?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 730
Damn, I ticked the first box because I thought that's what all pyramids of biomass usually look like....knew it wasn't as easy as it looked. Are you guys saying it was the third box? Doesn't ally matter though since I can't go back and change anything. Hopefully, I make up for some stupid mistakes in Physics and Chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How'd the exam go dude? I thought it was all pretty good in terms of the questions based on knowledge. Only places I think i'm going to lose marks is on the graph questions at the end, but I think i gave them a good go. (don't tell me what you got, i don't want to be depressed).
Reply 732
Original post by Rosalie_aqua
Wasn't the pyramid a special inverted pyramid one? So 3 was right????

You got it! :smile:
Reply 733
I am really nervous. I missed out the question on statins (5 marks) and also a few marks here and there. I understood it all but I am a slow writer. If I got 45/60 is that likely to be an a* because that is what I'm aiming for. At the very worst I hope my result is 40/60- what grade would that be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 734
In the revision guide it says 'Biomass in each stage is less than the previous stage'. Hence, it was the first box
What was the answer for the pyramid of biomass question?
I know it's either ticking option 1 or option 3, I ticked option 1
Reply 736
Original post by MC-A
In the revision guide it says 'Biomass in each stage is less than the previous stage'. Hence, it was the first box

Original post by SportsFan
What was the answer for the pyramid of biomass question?
I know it's either ticking option 1 or option 3, I ticked option 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecological_pyramid#Pyramid_of_biomass

See this, second paragraph.
Reply 737
Original post by Alien X
I think I easily got an A* on this test!:wink:(Year 10)
I would like to say people who got Darwin for the question about which scientist it was are complete idiots(no offence).
This is because when I came across it I wrote Darwin at first but when you go on to the second page it gives you a CLEAR HINT BY SAYING CHARLES DARWIN BELIVED IN NATURAL SELECTION AND THE OTHER SCIENTIST WHO BELIEVES IN THE "SWORDFISHTHING".So obviously it's not Darwin,So it has to be Lamarck!

Questions I know the answers too(100%)and whatt I wrote:
Pyramid Of Biomass:3rd one!Medium-Sized bar showing plant plankton-Bigger Bar showing animal Plankton-Smallest Bar showing the Shark
Women age question thing in years:5
Ways she can increase her life-span:1)Exercise Regularly 2)Diet OR eat less fatty foods
Factors other than hygiene that make modern hospitals better than Old ones: 1)High-Tech Equipment 2)Doctors with a better understanding of procedures and treatments 3) (possibly) More medicine have been invented for several diseases.
Metabloic Rate Question:1)Age 2)Gender (checked on the internet to confirm age- was unsure so waheyy!)
Neurons question:When two neurons meet is called a SYNAPSE.
Other Neurons question where are they stored or something like that:Chemicals
Will edit as I remember more!:wink:And I hope you all luck with your results!

the question with the women said what is her expected age for death and you wrote 5, so this women is going to die at 5? 5 is the age that will be taken away from the predicted age of death, so 77
They gave the 82 for a reason.

biomass may be wrong, I put first but not sure after looking on here

Tbf I agree with some of the other answers...
that exam went horrifically for me. I am really good at biology, but terrible at reading graphs. This made a lot of the exam difficult for me. I was predictd a high a* but I can honestly say I'll be lucky to get a high b. I didn't even see the question in which you had to label the eye,none of the plankton questions made sense to me, I hadn't learnt them or ever come across anything like it. I also found the start tricky as it was about describing graphs. The weight loss graph also has caused a lot of controversy as has the biomass pyramid. I had it drilled into me on many occasions by the teachers that a biomass pyramid is always bottom heavy,this is apparently false.

I am truly gutted,I'm supposed to be taking biology for a level as well. Such a shame. I really hope everyone did ok! Good luck in the rest of your exams and your results!

x
Reply 739
Original post by MC-A
I was just trying to get a point across that you shouldn't call people Idiots for making mistakes and then get answers wrong that you are certain are '100%' correct, makes you look like an even bigger idiot if you ask me.

I believe you are referring to me and if you look at my post I clearly said "No offence" , but obviously you missed out that bit.And I'm pretty sure the examiners will give marks for other reasons than vaccination and sterilising. You must feel like an idiot for telling me I got something wrong which I never-the pyramid question is the 3rd one!:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending