The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lizz-ie
What are they?!

They are like normal simultaneous equations like these:

3x +6y =6
6x +12y =12

But they are obviously the same thing so they are 2 lines on each other, therefore the det is 0 and they have unlimited solutions blah blah, remember?
Original post by super121
I think you're a but confused.
For increasing pressure, the position of equilibrium moves to the side with fewer gaseous molecules. For increasing temperature, the position of equilibrium moves to the endothermic side.
When increasing the temperature, the rate of reaction will increase (it has nothing to do with the reaction being eno/exothermic- the YIELD may decrease, but it wasn't asking about that for the 3 marker) because the particles have more kinetic energy so collide more frequently to overcome the activation energy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ffs.i didnt even realise!! Thats 3 gone
What about that 1 marker after.that question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1282
lol this has turned into a maths discussion
Reply 1283
Has anyone got an unofficial mark scheme ??
Original post by NielsBohrsDad
Oh ffs.i didnt even realise!! Thats 3 gone
What about that 1 marker after.that question

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was the question?
What was the question?

It was a 1 marker.saying what would happen i.was confused. Thats like 8 marks.gone!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was a 1 marker.saying what would happen i.was confused. Thats like 8 marks.gone!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think i'm wrong about the 3 marker, because the 1 marker is the rate question (I think). The answer is that the rate will increase. Can you remember what the 3 marker was asking?
I think i'm wrong about the 3 marker, because the 1 marker is the rate question (I think). The answer is that the rate will increase. Can you remember what the 3 marker was asking?

No no.you are right. It.said.the rate of the forward.reaction increases. Explain why

I treated the whole section with equilibrium! How stupid of me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1288
2 marks for stating and explaining what would happen to rate when temp increased, another 2 marks for pressure and I think 1 mark for stating what would happen to the yeild if temp went up.
Original post by TheNote
2 marks for stating and explaining what would happen to rate when temp increased, another 2 marks for pressure and I think 1 mark for stating what would happen to the yeild if temp went up.

What were answrs??
Original post by TheNote

Wasn't there a question where we had to talk about the collision theory as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No no.you are right. It.said.the rate of the forward.reaction increases. Explain why

I treated the whole section with equilibrium! How stupid of me

Posted from TSR Mobile

The temperature and pressure questions were to do with equilibrium :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1292
Wasn't there a question where we had to talk about the collision theory as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ohhh yeah, i think that was under rates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The yield would decrease yeah??

Posted from TSR Mobile
The yield would decrease yeah??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Decrease for the one to do with the collision theory?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ali_Ludley
It is in fact 3,7-dimethyloct-3-ene.

Its this because the double bond must be on the smallest numbered carbon possible (In this case number 3 carbon) and then take the longest chain (8 carbons = octene) and then put the other groups in which is 2 methyl groups left on the 3rd and 7th carbon.

And there we have it.

Oh dear... i have a feeling that i didn't do very well in this exam :frown: Thanks though, i get it now.
If anyone can upload either the paper or an unofficial mark scheme or both it would be very much appreciated :smile:
Original post by Alexandra82
If anyone can upload either the paper or an unofficial mark scheme or both it would be very much appreciated :smile:

agreed. what do people think.the boundaries will be like? realistically
For the pre-release dot cross diagram of N2O, i drew it completely wrong so i know i didn't get those marks but i interpreted the shape of the molecule that i had drawn correctly in the next question, would i get error carried forward marks?
Reply 1299

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, after the equilibrium question it said how would increasing the temp effect the rate of the reaction
Rising the remp would increase rate of reaction as more particles will have the energy to react, this means there are more usccussful collisions per unit of time.

It then said, would the rate of the backward reaction increase or fall
I said it would increase as that's what seemed right haha

Latest

Trending

Trending