The Student Room Group

Edexcel M2/M3 June 6th/10th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by MathsNerd1
Thanks, I'm wanting to ace this one so FP2 has a bit of leeway but I tend to do better in that then M2 so that should be fine, hopefully we'll meet in October for fresher's, if Warwick has one that is :tongue:

Omidaz FP2 is getting raped!!! :biggrin:
Hopefully i'll see the mathsnerd in person come this october lol :tongue:
Reply 461
Can someone please kill me. I hate mechanics.
Reply 462
Original post by Student8
thank you!

No problem :smile:
Original post by ACBLISS
Omidaz FP2 is getting raped!!! :biggrin:
Hopefully i'll see the mathsnerd in person come this october lol :tongue:

Damn straight! And yeah, hopefully I get to see ACBLISS in person, so I can relax while you do all my work :tongue: I joke I joke
Reply 464
Quick question if anyone can help - june 2012 part B taking moments about P - Aren't both the momments that you take anticlockwise moments yet somehow the question equals them together.

Edit: question 4
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by marleyxd
Can someone please kill me. I hate mechanics.

Only after tomorrow morning if you're taking M2 or the 10th for M3 :tongue:
Reply 466
Damn straight! And yeah, hopefully I get to see ACBLISS in person, so I can relax while you do all my work :tongue: I joke I joke

sure sure :wink:
Original post by MasterYi
The modulus makes the stuff inside positive so they put it there because theres two possible answers depending on which directions you take.

You might end up with 4(3-2x2), so in the final step of you working you would just replace the brackets with Modulus and switch 4(3-2x2) to 4|2x2-3|.

Because |3-2x^2| == |2x^2-3|

Makes perfect sense, thanks a lot!
Reply 468
Can anyone explain to me question 4b, the only question which is puzzling me :/
Don't know if anyone answered this but wouldn't it just be because you can't have a negative distance and that's what its representing? :smile:

Someone's answered how to do it, but if they didn't say "show that it's this ..." and you had to come up with it on your own, how would you know the distance was negative in the first place? :s-smilie:

Ty :smile:
Original post by Anonymous1717
Someone's answered how to do it, but if they didn't say "show that it's this ..." and you had to come up with it on your own, how would you know the distance was negative in the first place? :s-smilie:

Ty :smile:

Well you know that you could never have a negative distance so the modulus would have to be included somewhere but they'll never expect you to do that unless its a show question, at least I hope so :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 471
Can anyone explain what the circular arc formula is used for and the sector of the circle formula is used for because imo they both the same things but different formulas
Original post by vinhvu95
Can anyone explain what the circular arc formula is used for and the sector of the circle formula is used for because imo they both the same things but different formulas

Isn't the arc when it's a framework and the sector when it's a lamina?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 473
Isn't the arc when it's a framework and the sector when it's a lamina?

Posted from TSR Mobile

OOOH LOL thanks!
Original post by vinhvu95
OOOH LOL thanks!

I'm pretty sure I'm right but just double check in your textbook as a reassurance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 475
Original post by benyp7
I need a high A-A* realistically to get into Bath! Generally it will be okay i think! It's the time handling and silly mistakes like forgetting g etc.. They bring me down so much!

Original post by ACBLISS
I believe it's in the Mixed exercise of chapter 4.

Original post by MasterYi
I'll scan the pages. Will take a few minutes.

Thank you! Lets hope Edexcel don't throw any stupid questions tomorrow and we don't make NO stupid mistakes! I won't forgive myself if i did :frown:
Reply 476
M2 I think I am ready (retake, got an A first time). M3 not so much. Hopefully will be by monday !
Well you know that you could never have a negative distance so the modulus would have to be included somewhere but they'll never expect you to do that unless its a show question, at least I hope so :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool thanks again! :smile:
Reply 478
Original post by CF25
Quick question if anyone can help - june 2012 part B taking moments about P - Aren't both the momments that you take anticlockwise moments yet somehow the question equals them together.

Edit: question 4

Not sure if you've had an answer but if a force is acting on the point you are taking moments about then this does not contribute to the turning moment. To do this question it is the distance from Mx[the distance to the centre of mass from p] = (m + mk) x [distance to new center of mass]

using the first half of the question you can then find the ratio of the angle equal to that of alpha. This then solves to make k=6
Reply 479
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
:lolwut:

Have you done them? They're very easy compared to actual papers, the papers for M3 have low boundaries so they're hard but i'd expect solomon to be harder..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending