The Student Room Group

CCEA English Literature A-Level

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zadeth
We had our mock on that and 'Trees' (if you're doing Frost and Thomas).

CCEA are being sly lately, e.g in RS asking two topics in one question or in History asking the same topic 2 exams in a row, so I wouldn't put it past them to put 'People' as the Frost and Thomas exam question as it was one of the poems used in January.

I noticed! They did women twice for the 2011/2012 papers which seemed to throw a lot of people. But I've looked at women just in case. Yeah, they had old men in January, and I use the new year and old man's winter night for both of them. I've also been looking at contemplation and trees a lot. They're not the hardest themes so hopefully one of them comes up!
Praying for trees and Nick/Gatsby as Fitzgerald or Literary Context (Modernism, Realist) myself.
Yeah I'm hoping for nick/Gatsby as fitz. Or may even aspects of america in tom/George/Gatsby.
Racism through Rise of the Coloured Empires, etc. Yeah?
Reply 104
guys there's an official petition online against the government cutting january exams next year,already got 10000 names,sign it!! x
"Tom Buchanan reflects important attitudes and values in real-life American society inthe 1920s." was Jan 2012.
Original post by arminb
guys there's an official petition online against the government cutting january exams next year,already got 10000 names,sign it!! x

Link? :biggrin::biggrin:
Always need a plan B.
Original post by Zadeth
"Tom Buchanan reflects important attitudes and values in real-life American society inthe 1920s." was Jan 2012.

Yeah, but we know how sly ccea are!
Original post by CaoimheBoss
Yeah, but we know how sly ccea are!

Had a gut feeling for history and 2/3 topics I predicted came up. My gut feeling for English is.. Nick/Gatsby like Fitzgerald and the other as literary context, perhaps modernist due to the film just being out.

As for poetry - trees or moment of insight.
Reply 111
Original post by Zadeth
Praying for trees and Nick/Gatsby as Fitzgerald or Literary Context (Modernism, Realist) myself.

If trees or contemplation doesn't come up I'll cry! And anything besides modern novel or Nick as a narrator I'm screwed!! Very limited revision done over here haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone!! :smile:
Hopefully we can smile when opening the paper and not cry :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck all. Hopefully I can laugh wuth happiness today when I open the paper, rather than laughing because I'm screwed.
Good luck today everyone! :smile:
Freaking out. Please be a good question, please be a good question!! (By good I mean it should be on the very little I know :L)

Posted from TSR Mobile
So?? How did you all find it??

Posted from TSR Mobile
That poetry question was a gift from God.
Opened the paper and it was the 2 poems I've written 3 essays on this year :smile: - I do the Lochhead and Duffy poems btw

Gatsby was a bit iffy. I wasn't really sure what the myth of America was, but I think it was the American Dream and all that stuff about America being land of the free and equal opportunities for all...
Poetry was a bit ... meh for me - one poem I knew, the other I'd not looked at.

American myth is what you think it is. But I went for hero because we had just went over that before the exam in a revision class.
I did hero as well, I was pleased with it tbh. :smile: As for poetry (Thomas and frost), I basically used the poems I studied for contemplation and changed it to beauty of nature :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending