The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6BIO2 ~ 3rd June 2013 ~ AS Biology

Scroll to see replies

Copy of the paper?????????
Grade boundary preditions? Below or above 65?
guuuuuuys any body upload the paper please , we want to check how we did.
I'm just worried that I may have left a question out by accident - that's why I want to have a look at the paper again.
Reply 2004
Guys, your teacher will have a copy of the paper, go see them. It's actually prohibited to upload papers before the exam board make them public so you shouldn't really do it, go see your biology teachers :smile:
okay
but I saw people before uploading papers, I think that's ok.we aren't crossing any lines here, so email me if u have the paper at [Removed] nobody is harmed. I think that is fair enough.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kurraiyo
Grade boundary preditions? Below or above 65?

Think it will be below 65 :smile:
Original post by Rubyturner94
thats what i wrote :/
edit: i wroye something alond those lines this is what i wrote:
the pollen tube releases enzymes to digest and break down the style and surrounding tissues to enable the pollen tune to grow and reduces resistance, it also provides nutrients for pollen tube growth. if mrna is inhibited then the enzyme cannot be synthesised. i wrote something like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

same!
Original post by The Assassin
Well this is pretty early but I might as well make the thread anyway. Hope everyone did well in Unit 1!

Discuss exam techniques/revision notes, etc. here. :smile:

Hey, just wanted to say thank you for posting all your notes online. They really helped! :smile:
For the 'ways to encourage genetic variation in captive breeding', does anyone think i would get a mark for saying: "encouraging ferrets that do not mate a lot to mate more and discouraging the ones that mate a lot from mating" cos it says something similar to this in the textbook.
Original post by Alexandra82
For the 'ways to encourage genetic variation in captive breeding', does anyone think i would get a mark for saying: "encouraging ferrets that do not mate a lot to mate more and discouraging the ones that mate a lot from mating" cos it says something similar to this in the textbook.

I wrote that!
Original post by Paigieee.Xx
I wrote that!

Yay! Lets hope that its in the mark scheme, cos i hate how sometimes you can write a perfectly valid answer from information in the textbook, yet you still don't get the mark just cos it wasn't in the mark scheme.
Reply 2013
Guys, i took pics of the copy of the paper from my teacher. Will upload it tomorrow, please be patient with me :smile:
Reply 2014
Original post by WorkingDodo
Think it will be below 65 :smile:

If grade boundaries are at about 59-61, likely good of me getting an A would be around 30%. If it's above 62. No chance.

I really want the grade boundaries to be low. What's the average for June so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2015
Original post by huma95
Woese's question I wrote about molecular phylogeny and phylogeny! Not peer review :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I wrote about. Might get a mark for saying experimenters do the same experiment again. Very vague. Urgh then I went on about
Molecular phylogeny!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2016
Original post by huma95
Woese's question I wrote about molecular phylogeny and phylogeny! Not peer review :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote about molecular phylogeny on the taxonomy question but I think on the second part like the one about evaluation, I wrote about peer review!
Reply 2017
Original post by Alexandra82

I don't think there was a question on ferrets about genetic variation and captive breeding! It was the question before I think. :confused:
Reply 2018
Original post by fadyfox95
correct me guys, in the taxonamy question I wrote about that organisms are grouped according to their morphology and molecular phylogency.
also the question of the difference between totipotent and pluripotent, i wrote totipotent all genes are switched on while pluripotent some are on and off.also i wrote totipotent can give rise to all 216 cell types and pluripotent to all types but fewer the totipoten.is that right because i didnt stated extra embyrionic cells.

Yeah that's right. I think that question was only two marks so it doesn't seem like its gonna be really specific about the extra embryonic cells but sometimes they are picky :/ you would've got a mark deffo for the last question anyway and I wrote about molecular phylogeny as well! :-)
For th totipotent/pluripotent question, I talked about their sources in humans being different as well as the genes off/on thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending