The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alien X
I believe you are referring to me and if you look at my post I clearly said "No offence" , but obviously you missed out that bit. And I'm still 100% sure it was 5 years asI checked with smartest kid in SET 1. And I'm pretty sure the examiners will give marks for other reasons than vaccination and sterilising. You must feel like an idiot for telling me I got something wrong which I never-the pyramid question is the 3rd one!:smile:

no mate most people agree with 1st one
Original post by Alien X
I believe you are referring to me and if you look at my post I clearly said "No offence" , but obviously you missed out that bit. And I'm still 100% sure it was 5 years asI checked with smartest kid in SET 1. And I'm pretty sure the examiners will give marks for other reasons than vaccination and sterilising. You must feel like an idiot for telling me I got something wrong which I never-the pyramid question is the 3rd one!:smile:

Sorry bit it is not 5! Seems like a few of you have understood the question. 5 was the ammount of years the woman would die early. The answer was 77 as it was the predicted age (82) minus the 5 years she died early.

I'm not sure which pyramid of biomass it was, but I know it was the one with a smaller bar for the plant plankton and a larger one for animal plankton.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 742
Original post by a123a
the question with the women said what is her expected age for death and you wrote 5, so this women is going to die at 5? 5 is the age that will be taken away from the predicted age of death, so 77They gave the 82 for a reason.biomass may be wrong, I put first but not sure after looking on hereTbf I agree with some of the other answers...
Lol stupid mistake and thanks for correcting me I guess I'll get 1/2 marks for that.But I'm still happy with how I did!
Does anyone know when the paper is released?
Reply 744
Original post by Alien X
Lol stupid mistake and thanks for correcting me I guess I'll get 1/2 marks for that.But I'm still happy with how I did!

Yeah it's only losing a mark, and I'm more concerned with the pyramid one, I put the first one,:s-smilie: don't really know
Reply 745
I also put 5.....but it's wrong unfortunately. As it is 2 marks we will get 1 for the working out and finding 5 from the graph from 1.25

Also there was a question (the one before the eye reflex thing) something to do with which form does it do something (I can't remember) does anybody know the answer? I put neurotransmitter as I think I thought it meant how does it travel across the synapse. Forgive me for my wording of the question, I'm starting to forget most of them now!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 746
Original post by MattJGUK
I also put 5.....but it's wrong unfortunately. As it is 2 marks we will get 1 for the working out and finding 5 from the graph from 1.25

Also there was a question (the one before the eye reflex thing) soemthing to do with which form does it do something (I can't remember) does anybody know the answer? I put neurotransmitter as I think I thought it meant how does it travel across the synapse.

Yeah I put released and diffuses across the synapse

Also there was a question (the one before the eye reflex thing) soemthing to do with which form does it do something (I can't remember) does anybody know the answer? I put neurotransmitter as I think I thought it meant how does it travel across the synapse.

I think the answer was diffuses as chemicals x
Reply 748
Original post by Alien X

Is idiot your favourite word when trying to describe someone, I don't feel like an idiot as most people I know an have seen on this thread put the first one
Reply 749

Also there was a question (the one before the eye reflex thing) something to do with which form does it do something (I can't remember) does anybody know the answer? I put neurotransmitter as I think I thought it meant how does it travel across the synapse. Forgive me for my wording of the question, I'm starting to forget most of them now!

I read it the same way you did...but I wrote Chemicals-in the biology book it says chemicals transmit the impulse across a synapse. I don't know what a neurotransmitter is,but if it's the same thing-then it's right hopefully!
Reply 750
Would I still get the mark for misspelling "synapse" and writing "synapase" or "synpase" instead? :s-smilie:
Original post by Bambie33
Would I still get the mark for misspelling "synapse" and writing "synapase" or "synpase" instead? :s-smilie:

I would hope the examiner would understand, it's not an English exam. But then again, it's a scientific word :/ good luck, hope you get the mark x
Reply 752
Original post by MC-A
Is idiot your favourite word when trying to describe someone, I don't feel like an idiot as most people I know an have seen on this thread put the first one
Well everyone has their own opinion and I believe it was the 3rd pyramid.I respect your view,so we shall see when a Mark scheme comes out...:wink: And the whole "is idiot your favourite word" is just childish,so let's just end that there.This is a education forum so let's leave it at that.:wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Would you get a mark for calculating 1.25 but not figuring out the 5?
I could cry at how much I got wrong ahahahahahaaa
Reply 755
I've seen so many comments so iv decided to make an account, the age question is 77 the question clearly states predict the age at which she will die, how can anyone say she will doe at 5 years??? Secondly Synapse and Chemical are the answers for the question about the eyes. Statins are safer, remember 30000 people are tested with Statins, if you calculatd it will result in 33 people getting a disease, only 1000 were tested for aspiring, 5 got a disease, 30000 divided by 1000 is 30, 30 times 5 is 150 thus 150 would have gotten diseases in a sample of 30000, meaning statin is safer. Lamarck was the right answer, all you had to say for the evolution one was that survivor (genetic mutuation causing advantageous adaption) passes on those chromosomes to the babies and this keeps happening. First question is simple better medicibe for treating if disease is present and more advanced technology. The eye question was simply a reflex arc with the muscles causing the eyelid to close. Last question could also be hotter temperature means more evaporation thus higher loss of minerals. Also animal plankton are more suited to higher amounts of light and warmer temperatures meaning plant plankton population decreases. Anyone who got the second biomass chart is wrong, it was either 1 or 3.
Original post by zzFishstick
Would you get a mark for calculating 1.25 but not figuring out the 5?

Not sure, depends on the mark scheme but to be honest I don't think so, I think you get:
1 mark for working out 5
1 mark for working out 77
Reply 757
Pyramids of Biomass are always in a pyramidal shape: the biggest at the bottom

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I read that correctly, it says that some pyramids of biomass can be inverted? So I'm guessing it could be option 3. God damn it. The way none of our teachers or text books have actually mentioned that before...-.-
Original post by js171
Pyramids of Biomass are always in a pyramidal shape: the biggest at the bottom

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats what I've always learnt, the textbook, my teachers, and my gcse science have never mentioned an inverted pyramid of biomass. However if you google it, it unfortunately does exist. Therefore, it probably is the third one x

Latest

Trending

Trending