The Student Room Group

OCR Physics Unit 2 - G482 - (June Exams Preparation)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
Original post by OllieGCSEs
Okay, but you wouldn't complain about someone's advantage in an exam, that you could have benefitted from, without being slightly jealous...

"Arghh, they got more time than me! However, i am in no way jealous of the extra time they got...!" Sounds a bit ridiculous to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why not? Why would I harbour negative emotions towards them when I think they were perfectly justified in taking the extra time? As I have said previously, it's the way the time is allotted I feel is unfair. Clearly we have different ways of looking at situations like this. Just because you might feel jealous when stuff like that happens, don't assume everyone else will.
Reply 1141
Original post by dream996
was it IR then UV ???

I think so
Reply 1142
where is teachercol :frown: surely he has access to the paper/ can post a mark scheme? dying over here forgetting all my answers.......
Reply 1143
Anyone has any estimate on the grade boundaries?? I genuinely found it hard (even though I think it should be and easy paper)

70 is the average so id say 70 plus/minus a mark
Original post by dr-jimmy
Why not? Why would I harbour negative emotions towards them when I think they were perfectly justified in taking the extra time? As I have said previously, it's the way the time is allotted I feel is unfair. Clearly we have different ways of looking at situations like this. Just because you might feel jealous when stuff like that happens, don't assume everyone else will.

Okay, rather than continuing this keyboard war I will accept that I should not jump to conclusions as I tend to do a lot. And with that I will say goodnight, M2 awaits me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1145
Original post by OllieGCSEs
Okay, rather than continuing this keyboard war I will accept that I should not jump to conclusions as I tend to do a lot. And with that I will say goodnight, M2 awaits me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well sorry I didn't mean to start a 'keyboard war' I just thought you needed to see why what you said wasn't applicable.:s-smilie: Good luck with your exam.:smile:
Original post by dr-jimmy
Well sorry I didn't mean to start a 'keyboard war' I just thought you needed to see why what you said wasn't applicable.:s-smilie: Good luck with your exam.:smile:

No worries, I didn't help the situation either :wink: cheers man

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1147
i messaged teachercol to ask if he will put up an MS hopefully he will :smile:
Original post by cyiarik
70 is the average so id say 70 plus/minus a mark
god i wanna cry!
it is getting so late
i dont think the mark scheme will come
Oh my GOD finally someone in the EXACT same position as me!! my examiner was a complete and total nightmare!! He was SOOO irritating ! and i had few more words (literally) and he just GRAB my hand and TOOK the pen straight off me! (i mean... i get it, times up, but I needed to write a few more key words down, he could have been a little bit more flexible), despite the fact that I've (we ALL have) tolerating him for eating, farting and xxxx!

That paper was suppose to be relatively easy, yet I blo*dy screwed it up!!! and now with them getting rid of january exam/resits, I can't do physics next year!! sigh****

:angry:

How many questions did you miss out? My examiner gave us 5 minutes less time than we were supposed to have, so I thought we had 5 more minutes but then he said that the time was up and I didn't get to finish :frown:
bed time.
just go to sleep people. lol
Reply 1152
Oh and the start of this exam was awful! First of all, we weren't given formula booklets, so I had to ask for them. And then, they put up 1hr 30mins instead of 1hr 45mins!
Original post by Gotzz
Oh and the start of this exam was awful! First of all, we weren't given formula booklets, so I had to ask for them. And then, they put up 1hr 30mins instead of 1hr 45mins!

i was meant to quote you :smile: x
Reply 1154
Original post by chickenliver
i was meant to quote you :smile: x

About what? :smile:
For the v=KrootT question, the part where it says frequency is doubled but everything else remains the same...

V=KrootT was the velocity of the actual wave progressing out from the source.

However the next part was specifically about the velocity of the labelled bit ON the wave (it was X, I think). So v=KrootT is unimportant.

It's referring to the speed at which particle X is 'moving up and down' as the wave passes.

So if frequency doubles, it means the wave, of the same amplitude, is passing part X at twice the rate. Therefore the the total displacement will be covered at twice the rate as well.

The rate of change of displacement is doubled. Or in other words...

The max velocity of the particle at point X is doubled.

That was my logic on it. :yy:

Or think of it another way:

The graph was a plot of displacement against time. The gradient of the line, s/t, represents the velocity at any given point.

With a doubled frequency, everything happens twice as fast so is two times closer together, so the maximum gradient is doubled. Hence the max velocity is doubled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Amir_K96
Omg for that first Resistivity question, the shape had dimensions:
width: 1.2*10^-3
length: 1.5*10^-2
height: 1.5*10^-2

Instead of finding the Cross-Sectional Area, I, for some stupid reason, found the volume of the cuboid. s***, s***, s***.

Such easy marks lost.

also got 1500 and 4500 for the other Resistance question!

Don't worry, I was so dumb and worked out the surface area instead! Easy marks lost right there:mad:
Reply 1157
Another tricky physics paper :frown:
Original post by celina10
How many questions did you miss out? My examiner gave us 5 minutes less time than we were supposed to have, so I thought we had 5 more minutes but then he said that the time was up and I didn't get to finish :frown:

I rushed through quite a few pages! My examiner did the SAME! He started 15 minutes earlier without telling us! and I wasn't concentrating on the clock!! so I thought I had about 10-15 minutes left , but then he said STOP, most of us were like wtf? can he not count?? At least he could have write down when the exam ENDS!

and GOD I still can't believe he just snapped the pen out of my hand, he could have ask nicely :frown:

I missed out the last (the graphite diffraction grating and .... the energy one! and the charging the battery one! and a few other ones that I wanted to check! SO FRINKIN annoying, past 5 months worth of preparation are now meaningless completely MEANINGLESS!!! and I can't do resits next year til june..... and lets face it ! who the heck is gonna remember anything?? AND we have our A2 FIRST AND second units!!!GODDDD
I thought that was quite a tough paper - unofficial mark scheme out later today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending