The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You should know now wiki is an un-reliable source as it can be edited just saying
Number 1 obviously
Original post by js171
Same! It didn't really test any Biology skills in my opinion and it was worded very badly and I just hated it! Hopefully the boundaries are low so maybe we can both get the a*s good luck! Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I couldn't agree more, it hardly tested knowledge.just common sense? Which I apparently don't have much of.
All the best x
Reply 783
For the reason that there were more plankton (plant or animal) can't remember - I wrote about breeding season so the sharks eat more or something pathetic like that- BYE a* :frown:((

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 784
Original post by ExamNerd123
Number 1 obviously

Phew! I think so too

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also feel that the question were extremely limiting. There was actually very few topics mentions. There was no cloning, no illegal drugs, no menstural cycle, no genetic engineering, no white blood cells/vaccinations. I feel like learning an entire unit was a waste of time and I should of just studies graphs for half a year
Reply 786
Original post by Examfailer
I also feel that the question were extremely limiting. There was actually very few topics mentions. There was no cloning, no illegal drugs, no menstural cycle, no genetic engineering, no white blood cells/vaccinations. I feel like learning an entire unit was a waste of time and I should of just studies graphs for half a year

And there were much too many essay questions and questions alltogether! I could have sworn there are usually 7 or 8?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 787
Original post by js171
Do you know how many marks you missed out? I am in the same position as you apart from the fact I missed out the 5 marker instead and skipped a few to go back too because I don't do it in order (bad move) x praying the grade boundaries are low

Posted from TSR Mobile
I missed out 7:frown: But I also completely messed up unit 2&3 :frown:
Original post by js171
And there were much too many essay questions and questions alltogether! I could have sworn there are usually 7 or 8?
L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pluckily for me, I feel that the only questions I could answer relatively well, we're the long ones. But I,too was shocked at the amount of them
Reply 789
I can really empathise with you. I feel absouloubtly distraught, I really wanted an a*. I hope you get it still. Usually I finish 15 minutes early but this time I only had a couple of minutes to spare xx

Thanks I messed up unit 2&3 though so I literally needed 100 UMS:frown:
Reply 790
Original post by Bambie33

That's not so bad! I feel as if I'm going to get at least 15 marks wrong, biology is my best and I had a mock and got 56/60 a few weeks ago I just don't know what went wrong its terrible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 791
Original post by Bambie33

Thats worrying, remember its approximately 42/60 for a A* this time round
I also have a media exam which I am completely unprepared for due to today's failiure. I should really get some sleep before being thrown back into that bloody exam hall
Original post by js171
If they did do all this sneaky trick questions for 1 mark, then I would be very surprised. I guess we will just have to wait and see! AQA were really hard on us, I found it was a lot of writing and missed out a few questions hoping to go back to them at the end- but then had no time! Did you find it hard with timings? And what do you suppose the grade boundaries would be? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you're right. The timing actually was very tricky this year because of all the graphs we had to interpret and the tons of writing! I had to rush the last page because I only had 3 or so minutes left. I think an A* would be 44, but AQA might be more generous because of the reasons I stated and lower it.
Reply 794
Original post by vermin123

How did you get that approximation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 795
Original post by js171
That's not so bad! I feel as if I'm going to get at least 15 marks wrong, biology is my best and I had a mock and got 56/60 a few weeks ago I just don't know what went wrong its terrible

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its because the paper was basically: Write essays and analyse graphs, I think the people who designed the paper were most likely on drugs
Original post by vermin123

I genuinely think that it'll be a bit less than that because there is a lot of controversy over the questions. Also, a lot of people I've talked to have said that it was an extremely hard exam. Last year I think it was about 42 ish for an a* and I got 50 on the paper. Yet I found this extremely challenging. I hope for all our sakes the boundaries are low x
Reply 797
Original post by zzFishstick
Yeah you're right. The timing actually was very tricky this year because of all the graphs we had to interpret and the tons of writing! I had to rush the last page because I only had 3 or so minutes left. I think an A* would be 44, but AQA might be more generous because of the reasons I stated and lower it.

I'm praying it is going to
Be 40 or something:frown: good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 798
I also have a media exam which I am completely unprepared for due to today's failiure. I should really get some sleep before being thrown back into that bloody exam hall

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I need it,

Latest

Trending

Trending