The Student Room Group

AQA Core 3 - Thursday 6th June 2013 (AM) - Official Thread

So with the January results just published, I thought that now was about the time to create a general revision thread leading up to this exam where we can all help each other out. Please feel free to discuss anything about AQA C3 here.

Good Luck with your revision!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Has anyone started revision for Core 3 yet?
Reply 2
can someone help me with this question

its questions 7 part b

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-MPC3-W-QP-JAN10.PDF

i know how to do part a but i don't understand from the markscheme how to do part b
Reply 3
Original post by ninaowl
can someone help me with this question

its questions 7 part b

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-MPC3-W-QP-JAN10.PDF

i know how to do part a but i don't understand from the markscheme how to do part b

Here, hope this helps
Reply 4
Original post by chiny94
Here, hope this helps

Thank you SO much that was so helpful
:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by ninaowl
Thank you SO much that was so helpful
:biggrin::biggrin:

No problem :smile: You ready for tomorrow?
Reply 6
Good luck to everyone doing this tomorrow :smile: fingers crossed it's not a hideous one like some of the more recent ones :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by Anon217
Good luck to everyone doing this tomorrow :smile: fingers crossed it's not a hideous one like some of the more recent ones :s-smilie:

Good luck to you too! I've done every single past paper that's every existed for this exam so hopefully I'll be alright (fingers crossed :tongue:)
Reply 8
Original post by chiny94
Good luck to you too! I've done every single past paper that's every existed for this exam so hopefully I'll be alright (fingers crossed :tongue:)

Cheers :smile: haha same, I'm sure you will :biggrin:
Reply 9
Why is this thread so dead? Not many people doing this paper?
Good Luck to everyone!!! AQA have done evil with some of the recent papers and given hard questions so hopefully they will pity us this time.
Reply 11
Does anyone know where I can find the Jan 2013 paper for Core 3?
Reply 12
Original post by Miss...
Does anyone know where I can find the Jan 2013 paper for Core 3?

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 13
AQA seem to be getting meaner and meaner every year! The 2006/7/8 ones are so easy compared to the 2010/11/12 ones! Good luck everyone!
Reply 14
Looking forward to discussing results :wink:
Reply 15
Good luck errbody.
Reply 16
can anyone explain why the answer to 5b ii in jan 13 is only the negative root and not the positive and negative for the inverse function?
Reply 17
Original post by ummm
AQA seem to be getting meaner and meaner every year! The 2006/7/8 ones are so easy compared to the 2010/11/12 ones! Good luck everyone!

I thought the earlier ones had some more complex questions and I got higher marks when I did the more recent ones.
Reply 18
Original post by Lay-Z
can anyone explain why the answer to 5b ii in jan 13 is only the negative root and not the positive and negative for the inverse function?

By the looks of things, it's probably because the original function was only defined for x<0. Can't figure out the reasoning for it, but I've only really glanced at it now and am only on my phone. Seems logical?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending