The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
http://www.s-cool.co.uk/a-level/physics/resistance/revise-it/internal-resistance-emf-and-potential-difference

How come they continued the graph below horizontal axis and to the left of the vertical axis?
Reply 781
Original post by vinhvu95
It wasn't Big V, it was small v that the voltmeter was measuring. Because the voltmeter was across the battery

Posted from TSR Mobile

doesn't really make a difference the comparison should still be the same, iv just represent the IR as V that's the lost volts I think...
Reply 782
Original post by krisshP
http://www.s-cool.co.uk/a-level/physics/resistance/revise-it/internal-resistance-emf-and-potential-difference

How come they continued the graph below horizontal axis and to the left of the vertical axis?

That's for when the voltmeter is measuring the load resistor, when the load resistor is very small pd is small and current is big, and if resistance is big then pd is big and current is small

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 783
Original post by a10
doesn't really make a difference the comparison should still be the same, iv just represent the IR as V that's the lost volts I think...

E=V+v , V is pd of the load resistor and v is pd of internal resistance

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can remember the exact value that i got for the critical angle, but it was around 47 or 48... did anyone get the same?
Reply 785
Original post by Alexandra82
I can remember the exact value that i got for the critical angle, but it was around 47 or 48... did anyone get the same?

yes sounds familiar I got about that
Reply 786
Original post by ambbs
If you look at the pictures I had in my original post you'll see why I think it's C :smile: I saw a very similar question in the textbook

the picture is different .. it starts below the axis
anyway .. when the mark scheme comes out we shall see who is right
i hope we get the grades we want :smile:
Reply 787
Original post by a10
yes sounds familiar I got about that

i got 48.8 .
Reply 788
Original post by Alexandra82

Yep I got that
Reply 789
Original post by x0x
i got 48.8 .

I cant remember my exact value but it was around there hahaha
What do people think the grade boundaries will be like and the overall perception of the paper in general as a unit 2 paper? (Not in comparison to unit 1, though I am relieved because I did find it better and more accessible/relevant :tongue:)
Reply 791
Original post by sarah.102
What do people think the grade boundaries will be like and the overall perception of the paper in general as a unit 2 paper? (Not in comparison to unit 1, though I am relieved because I did find it better and more accessible/relevant :tongue:)

I think it would be higher than unit 1 ( like all previous years) should be around 55ish for an A I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alexsk
Guys my father is a professor of Engineering and Modern Physics in the University of C******e and he told me that the line has a negative gradient. I hope he is not wrong because the guys from C******e will fire him!!!

Could you ask him about the very last question? :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it would be higher than unit 1 ( like all previous years) should be around 55ish for an A I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. I am petrified for my physics AS, I have absolutely no idea how I've done as I sat everything for the first time in this exam season and I don't even know how my coursework went.
Reply 794
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
Could you ask him about the very last question? :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you put for 17b, here's the QP
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v6ydqbfrg20whtb/ZWR-r9ZOSH?lst
Reply 795
Original post by sarah.102
Thanks. I am petrified for my physics AS, I have absolutely no idea how I've done as I sat everything for the first time in this exam season and I don't even know how my coursework went.

Same :frown: I'm really hoping ill get an A overall but my coursework looks crap :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same :frown: I'm really hoping ill get an A overall but my coursework looks crap :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get the marks back for your coursework?
Reply 797
what did you write for how ultrasound travels in the metal
Reply 798
Original post by popo

the particles in the metal oscillate parallel to the direction of the wave's propagation
since ultrasound is a longitudinal wave
Reply 799
Original post by popo

Ultrasounds is a longitudinal wave, so molecules in metal vibrate parallel to direction of wave propagation in a series of compressions and rarefactions.

Latest

Trending

Trending