The Student Room Group

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lolface32
Boundaries , I think, will be less than in Jan. More people sitting it as well as it, hopefully, being harder :redface:

I'm so hoping this is true considering I am utterly terrible at Maths and hoping for at least a C! :redface:
Probably 52/60 for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Modular or linear paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by issie1234
I'm glad this thread has been made - I wa starting to panic.

I have one question, and it's about trig. I can remember SOHCAHTOA easily and know how to use it, but theres just one thing I can get my head around - how to you know whether to divide or times? It is x=cos48 x 20 or x=cos48/20? It seems to change alot? Is there a specific way of remembering it?

I hope that made sense, its the one thing I'm stuck on.....

If you make a triangle (like the speed triangle - speed= distance/time) then the one in the middle is on the top. So for sine, opposite is at the tip of the triangle. This means that opp=sinx * hyp. Hyp=opp/sinx and sinx=opp/hyp

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
Is this the edexcel? Or.....
Reply 145
URGENT! for EDEXCEL higher do we have to know 3 point moving averages??http://www.edexcelmathspapers.tk/uploads/3/4/4/5/3445422/nov_11_paper_4_calc_higher.pdf QUESTION 15
Original post by organism
URGENT! for EDEXCEL higher do we have to know 3 point moving averages??http://www.edexcelmathspapers.tk/uploads/3/4/4/5/3445422/nov_11_paper_4_calc_higher.pdf QUESTION 15

i don't know but they're not exactly hard to work out... so if they came up, it wouldn't be such a problem.
Original post by organism

No, it's not part of the current syllabus
Can unconditional probability come up on non calculator?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Captain Anonymous
Can unconditional probability come up on non calculator?

Any topic, including all probability topics, can be tested on the non calculator paper as long as the numbers are simple enough to evaluate without a calculator. Any question that can express probabilty as a simple fraction could be on non calculator. Problems given in tricky % or decimals that require decimal multiplication are more likely to be calculator.
Reply 150
I need an A for this exam and I've realised I do significantly worse in the non-calculator paper than calculator paper. Mainly from making silly mistakes. Are there any sort of tips you could give me please? It will be much appreciated
Reply 151
Original post by dazzer19
Is this the edexcel? Or.....

edexcel brah
I feel so stupid compared to people on here ! I've got a C on EVERY maths paper I've ever done. I NEED this B in my final maths exam ever! Any tips on how to jump from a C to a B ? Useful topics that I'd need to know to solely concentrate on getting a B?
Is this thread for a retake of the Feb/March exam? Cos I took this exam and I got a C and we were all re-entered to do it again in June, I'm hoping for atleast a B because I'm terrible at Maths :frown:

Are there any good revision sites or youtube videos for maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TomR10
I feel so stupid compared to people on here ! I've got a C on EVERY maths paper I've ever done. I NEED this B in my final maths exam ever! Any tips on how to jump from a C to a B ? Useful topics that I'd need to know to solely concentrate on getting a B?

Same here aaaah! I got a C the first time round, aiming for a B in this exam. I normally do past papers and then focus on the questions I don't understand by using online websites/videos/textbooks to revise the content so I'm focusing more on what I don't know in order to improve :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm better at the calculator paper as well, I average around 79-82 in the non calculator and around 86 in the calculator

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 156
Original post by lolface32
edexcel brah

Are you sure cus the edexcel ones are on TUESDAY not MONDAY...
Original post by Maddiee_xoxo
Same here aaaah! I got a C the first time round, aiming for a B in this exam. I normally do past papers and then focus on the questions I don't understand by using online websites/videos/textbooks to revise the content so I'm focusing more on what I don't know in order to improve :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's horrible seeing people with A's and A*'s :frown:. I really struggle with circle theorems and angles. Going to concentrate on them and revise hard as I way some way off getting a B in the exam earlier this year !
Do you think i will be able to get all my maths revision done in 4 days?? :confused:
Reply 159
Original post by dazzer19
Are you sure cus the edexcel ones are on TUESDAY not MONDAY...

It was just a mistake

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending