The Student Room Group

OCR A2 LAW G153 Criminal Law 1 - June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
I did duress, involuntary manslaughter and non fatal. Messed up on question two, should have done theft :frown:
Original post by Harriet : )
Thank god someone else did!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How were they all guilty?

I thought it was accurate, accurate, not accurate, accurate?
Reply 1082
Original post by danjones22
The exam was great but its still bugging me that I might have messed it all up. On the writting paper I put both section A answer and section B answer under the header 'Please write section A answer here'. After finishing my section B question I noticed this mistake. So I clearly marked what section each question was by placing my own headers, as well as writing a note to the examinor explain the where the answers where.

Will they still mark both questions? It will bug me all summer until results day! :frown:

I also made this mistake, I don't think they will take much notice of it - it would have been impossible for me to squash all of the essay into 10 sides (I did about 13), as I have really big writing/spaces as it enables me to write very fast, I wouldn't worry too much.
Reply 1083
A) accurate
B) accurate
C) inaccurate (on the ball consent)
D) I said inaccurate because he hit him on thr head and his jaw broken
For those who did assault, did anyone get-

Accurate - as long as V apprehended harm (although arguably the 'mate' could have negated the threat depending on it's manner spoken) - Tuberville
Accurate - It was a battery - unless between them it was considered 'jostlings' of ordinary life - Wilson & Pringle
Not Accurate - there was no wounding caused i.e. break in the continuation of the skin
Accurate - gbh - really serious harm - breaking of jaw constitutes this, specific intent crime and he had intention
Reply 1085
Original post by millie-rose
For those who did assault, did anyone get-

Accurate - as long as V apprehended harm (although arguably the 'mate' could have negated the threat depending on it's manner spoken) - Tuberville
Accurate - It was a battery - unless between them it was considered 'jostlings' of ordinary life - Wilson & Pringle
Not Accurate - there was no wounding caused i.e. break in the continuation of the skin
Accurate - gbh - really serious harm - breaking of jaw constitutes this, specific intent crime and he had intention

Assault first one I didn't mention negate but gd point
Punch is battery but I didn't mention jostlings of ordinary life
What there was nothing about wounding im sure it just said s.18, it was a consent issue off the ball
And as for the last one its debatable
(edited 10 years ago)
Who else did the theft section B?
Reply 1087
Original post by JLXP

I did
Original post by qr95
Assault first one I didn't mention negate but gd point
Punch is battery but I didn't mention jostlings of ordinary life
What there was nothing about wounding im sure it just said s.18, it was a consent issue off the ball
And as for the last one its debatable

s18. is gbh/malicious wounding? -> to be guilty there must be a wound - wound means break in the continuity of the skin, as seen in eisenhower, wood etc. ------------- tbh oapa isn't my strongest topic so i could be completely off

What did you put? They asked specifically about s18 that's why I spoke about it?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by JLXP

Yup :smile:
Reply 1090
x

For either s20 or s18, it is GBH or wounding, not GBH and wounding - you can have one without the other. The only difference between the offences is the level of mens rea.

Original post by qr95
x

Did you see my post at the bottom of the previous page? I don't understand why people are bringing consent up when the question doesn't ask for it, the mark schemes and examiners simply want you to deal with the statement at face value, you're not meant to bring up e.g. consent unless it specifically mentions consent in the statement.
Original post by jool
For either s20 or s18, it is GBH or wounding, not GBH and wounding - you can have one without the other. The only difference between the offences is the level of mens rea.

oh crap definitely got that one wrong then! thank god I only need around 66 ums for an A!
Reply 1092
Original post by jool

Did you see my post at the bottom of the previous page? I don't understand why people are bringing consent up when the question doesn't ask for it, the mark schemes and examiners simply want you to deal with the statement at face value, you're not meant to bring up e.g. consent unless it specifically mentions consent in the statement.

Because you can't be guilty of gbh on the ball incident in rugby- consent
Reply 1093
oh crap definitely got that one wrong then! thank god I only need around 66 ums for an A!

I'm sure you've smashed the essay and problem question, some nice topics this year. :smile: I'm in a similar position, need 59 UMS for an A. I'll only be around on this thread for a couple more days as I am now focusing on philosophy which are my 2 final exams.

Original post by qr95
Because you can't be guilty of gbh on the ball incident in rugby- consent

You don't seem to understand what I'm saying, if the statement asks you to consider liability for s20, they want you to consider ONLY the offence, they are not asking about any potential defences - they want you to take the statement at face value, is D liable for GBH s20, if you focus solely on the act committed and the intention - ignoring any defences, as I mentioned unless the statement refers to a defence.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1094

Wow 66! Well done hope you get the A or even A*!
Original post by jool
I'm sure you've smashed the essay and problem question, some nice topics this year. :smile: I'm in a similar position, need 59 UMS for an A. I'll only be around on this thread for a couple more days as I am now focusing on philosophy which are my 2 final exams.

Lol coincidence so am I:smile:! AQA Philosophy? I need to cram for that now because Law revision just takes so much time/effort I've pretty much left philosophy to these last days!
Original post by qr95
Wow 66! Well done hope you get the A or even A*!

Thank you! But I think an A* is most certainly out of the question haha :tongue:

the feeling of relief of getting this exam out the way is the best though, it's been taking up all my time!
Still buzzing now about the questions that came up, hopefully I've got that A* but at the very least my A is guaranteed :awesome:
Reply 1098
Lol coincidence so am I:smile:! AQA Philosophy? I need to cram for that now because Law revision just takes so much time/effort I've pretty much left philosophy to these last days!

Yes! :smile: We also have a thread going for that, scoot on over there: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2306782

I'm doing Political Philosophy and Moral Philosophy for PHIL3 and On Liberty by Mill for PHIL4, but I'll save that for the other thread, let's keep this on the topic of law. :wink:
Yup :smile:

Original post by qr95
I did

What did you think of it? I'm praying I didn't miss anything out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending