The Student Room Group

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2280
Original post by StalkeR47
You can only resit in june from now on. :frown: But, I am not going to resit for sure. :smile:

Oh aye, I know that. I'll take what I can get.
Lucky you, I'm pretty sure that this will be the only exam I have to resit though.
Original post by Aarongreatbanks
Look against the finished UO mark scheme, I think I've got a minimum of 52 as that's taking marks off harshly e.g two marks off when I have three points for a 3 mark answer! I think of got a maximum of 56 so I have a range of 52-56 hopefully as I don't want to jinx it? Will this be a A considering January was a little easier and it was 50 for a A?

I'm pretty sure anything above 51 will hit the A mark, perhaps even 50 so don't worry too much. A mark of 52 is still very good considering the paper, and like you said you're probably taking marks off. You'll be fine.
Reply 2282
Hey I think I got the GPE question wrong by a factor of 10 and carried this through to this efficiency Q and got 2.2% for the efficiency any idea how many marks I'd lose? :smile:
Original post by lebron_23
I'm pretty sure anything above 51 will hit the A mark, perhaps even 50 so don't worry too much. A mark of 52 is still very good considering the paper, and like you said you're probably taking marks off. You'll be fine.

Thankyou I appreciate it
Original post by HenryD
I would think so yes :smile:

There were two more things I just remembered

For 4d I think? I said the work done whe removing the load is less than the load when loading. Would this get the one mark which the question awarded?

Also for the intensity with red light I got this... How many marks out of two?
image.jpg

I have indicated the blue and red

Thanks in advance
Reply 2285

For 4d I think? I said the work done whe removing the load is less than the load when loading. Would this get the one mark which the question awarded?

image.jpg

Thanks in advance

Full marks in each I'd think :smile:
Original post by HenryD

Hmm okay thanks!
Original post by HenryD

I think the intensity graph was difficult as there wasn't much room to show what you wanted too and there wasn't enough time to make it perfect? Do you think they will see I've lowered intensity and increased fringe width?
Reply 2288
I think the intensity graph was difficult as there wasn't much room to show what you wanted too and there wasn't enough time to make it perfect? Do you think they will see I've lowered intensity and increased fringe width?

Yeah I would think they'd be able to recognize that.
How many marks do you guys think 120 UMS would be?
59 is my guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2291
I swear intensity doesn't change as finge width has its on equation which is due to the changing wavelength but intensity doesn't. And surely the intensity would be the same anyway as the maxima are where the waves are adding constructively so would be the same just that there are fewer waves per second for red light so the width of the maxima is larger..?
Reply 2292
ive used 9.8 for g and not 9.81 does it matter ?
Reply 2293
Original post by Toguz

Shouldnt, sometimes they even except g = 10

image.jpg

Thanks in advance

I don't think the intensity would really matter as long as you drew the fringes further apart from the original blue one.
Reply 2295
oh because since ive used 9.8, ive got 9.4(ques 1) for resultant acceleration and 240 (2sig) for distance for riflequestion where as my friends that used 9.81 got 9.2 as resultant acceleration and 248 for distance, im worried if i will loose marks
Original post by Toguz

Hm not sure, considering the values on the data sheet.

They shouldn't penalise you more than once though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2297
i got about 50marks out of 70, could that be enough for an A grade ?
Original post by Boop.
Did anyone notice that the drawing graph question was the same as Q3b on this June 2009 paper? http://www.gcephysics.com/past-papers/AQA-PHYA2-W-QP-JUN09.PDF

I didn't realise about that even though ive done that paper! oh well hopefully I get 2 out of the 3 marks for that graph!
I'm still kicking myself! I dropped two marks on the hookes law definition when I know exactly what it is! I seen in a past paper f=KL with terms defined but I thought it was a proptional sign so I put F(proptional sign) KL when should have used words as its a easy definition! Hopefully still get an A though?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending