The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Feefifofum
Loads of people have been calling for him to go, with substantial criticism of the most recent 2 series. In particular, there has been a lot of talk about the rapidly falling audience figures which, while still extremely high for a BBC drama, are nowhere near the figures under RTD.

The final viewing figures increased year on year under Moffat, and are higher than the first year
Original post by Skip_Snip
The final viewing figures increased year on year under Moffat, and are higher than the first year

Not really. Yes they are generally higher than the first new series, but series 7 had 4 episodes in a row under 7 million, and there's been a gradual decline under Moffat according to the figures on wikipedia...
Original post by Feefifofum
Not really. Yes they are generally higher than the first new series, but series 7 had 4 episodes in a row under 7 million, and there's been a gradual decline under Moffat according to the figures on wikipedia...

Hmmmm. I prefer Moffat's stories when he's under RTD, but of the two I prefer Moffat's style of things.

The new exec producer, I hope he'll do some weight throwing and "improve" the series, which even I admit needs doing
Magical!
Not sure if anyone's seen this:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/573935592/were-putting-a-tardis-into-orbit-really

They might actually make it as well! :eek:
What would it take to get Jenna Louise Coleman to go out with me.
David Tennant or benedict cumberbatch (sherlock) should defo play the next role of the doctor but unlikely as the role is usually played by someone virtually unknown. Is jenna loise coleman leaving to.
Original post by Aneesah_May
David Tennant or benedict cumberbatch (sherlock) should defo play the next role of the doctor but unlikely as the role is usually played by someone virtually unknown. Is jenna loise coleman leaving to.

David Tennant already played the Doctor...

/notsureifserious
Why do so many keep saying they want Tennant to come back? It's not going to happen, no idea why people want him as the next doctor.

Anyway - Brian Blessed or Neil Flynn please.
Reply 1609
Brian Blessed would 100% end the show for me. I would never watch it again if he was in it.
Reply 1610
anyone else voting for bill nighy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely NOT Benedict Cumberbatch or whatever his name is. I'd switch off.
Original post by The Rusty Spork
Brian Blessed would 100% end the show for me. I would never watch it again if he was in it.

It'd be rather amusing I'd reckon. Perhaps better as a comic relief sort of thing like Atkinson and Lumley a few years back than a proper doctor though.
Original post by greeneyedgirl
David Tennant already played the Doctor...

/notsureifserious

I am sure they could find a way to do it - however as much as I liked Tennant (he is my favourite doctor), I am not sure I would be happy if they did do it.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Why do so many keep saying they want Tennant to come back? It's not going to happen, no idea why people want him as the next doctor.

Anyway - Brian Blessed or Neil Flynn please.

Presumably because they actually want him to come back! I'd like to go on a date with Orlando Bloom. The chances of it are minimal, but that's not going to stop me wanting it to happen.
Original post by Rascacielos
Presumably because they actually want him to come back! I'd like to go on a date with Orlando Bloom. The chances of it are minimal, but that's not going to stop me wanting it to happen.

Same as my chances of have a candle-lit dinner with clara oswald...sigh...

Soon..
Original post by francesf
anyone else voting for bill nighy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He and Bill Bailey are the only two 'older' actors I'd like to see in the role.
Not benedict. Had enough of homorone filled women wishing he would fertilize them.
Original post by scapepower
Not benedict. Had enough of homorone filled women wishing he would fertilize them.

I don't see the attraction personally, but really it's not much different to "men" and Karen/Jenna. Without generalising, of course. :cool:
Original post by rmhumphries
I am sure they could find a way to do it - however as much as I liked Tennant (he is my favourite doctor), I am not sure I would be happy if they did do it.

They could do a whole series of the human Doctor and Rose. Or a spin off. That would be really good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending